NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3675 on: <04-10-16/0226:39> »
I hadn't forgotten!  ;D

You can make an attack test with ruined shutter, will likely be enough to flatten the two weaponless guards... So Al and Jackhammer will be clear when the rest of you get covered in waist high (or more for Halfpint) freeze foam  :o

::) can't IC now but I think that will cover the basics so you can...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3676 on: <04-10-16/0252:06> »
edited my post to climb onto my large drone ahead of the flow of foam.  I wonder if this stuff melts?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3677 on: <04-10-16/0545:22> »
@Pistolgrip

Awesome. But maybe you and adamu should throw Ini to see which one of you can enact his plan first. Otherwise Al might be among the casualties  ;)

@Aria
Is there a way to avoid the freeze foam? Gymnastics check to reach something hanging from a higher level? Or the Run For Your Life interrupt action against area effects?

Otherwise I'll just pre-edge a levitating check to move the whole clumped together mass of the team through the now open door  ;D

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3678 on: <04-10-16/1052:34> »
LOL  I looked up freeze foam and all I get was a ton of ads for some sort of hair styling gel.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3679 on: <04-10-16/1122:42> »
You should take a look into 4th edition Arsenal p.82.
Freeze Foam: Th is sticky, white foam begins to harden almost immediately into a solid, dense consistency when released and exposed to air. Once hardened, the concretized foam restricts movement, though it does remain porous to reduce the risk of suff ocation. Th e solid foam breaks down in a matter of hours and can be easily dissolved by a special solvent. Freeze foam is used by medical professional to immobilize broken limbs in protective casts, and by security forces to incapacitate rioters and build impromptu barricades. Th e Armor and Structure ratings of the resultant barrier is equal to the rating (1–6) of the compound (see Barrier Ratings, p. 157, SR4); the rating of the compound (and its associated Armor and Structure ratings) reduces at a rate of 1 per hour aft er being deployed.
talk think matrix

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3680 on: <04-10-16/1255:56> »
I'll handle some of the levitation
You guys get on the mules!
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3681 on: <04-10-16/1336:26> »
@Jack - I thought of that, but since he's sliding under he'll be flat on his (whichever side) anyway, so it shouldn't matter.

@Mercy - Yes, we're being accosted by hair stylists. Aria is full of tricks!

So do we need to roll something to just ignore the foam? You know how I am.

Throwing Gate 12d6t5: 4 [12d6t5=4, 6, 2, 4, 3, 6, 5, 2, 3, 2, 2, 6]
Now if it were me, I'd give this thing an accuracy of just 2, making it 2 hits total, but of course take a bunch from the sec guard's defense test since the gate is like the size of the space they're standing in and they probably don't see this one coming.
DV should be STR + X + net hits, so maybe X = 3 for large chunks of steel? It's 2 for a tomahawk, so 3 seems reasonable. So 14 + net hits?

adamu

« Reply #3682 on: <04-11-16/0622:17> »

You can make an attack test with ruined shutter, will likely be enough to flatten the two weaponless guards... So Al and Jackhammer will be clear when the rest of you get covered in waist high (or more for Halfpint) freeze foam  :o

::) can't IC now but I think that will cover the basics so you can...

Okay - that's enough ruling info for me to throw an IC up.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3683 on: <04-11-16/1456:00> »
I'll handle some of the levitation
You guys get on the mules!
You'll need to, I believe levitate is a single target spell and there are at least two mules and Halfpint 's ride and his Steel Lynx...

Also for those perched on top of cello cases etc can I have gymnastics tests please? You're not moving fast so you only need 1 hit but there's always the chance of a glitch! Mercy please roll for Al the hound too!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3684 on: <04-11-16/1501:37> »
Well,
since the foam will make it all into one big block, we should be able to move it as a whole - but just in case that doesn't work: Isaint levitates Half Pints Steel Lynx.
talk think matrix

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3685 on: <04-11-16/1533:06> »
Aria, can I clear a path? Maybe pick up a mule?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3686 on: <04-11-16/1852:32> »
Well,
since the foam will make it all into one big block, we should be able to move it as a whole - but just in case that doesn't work: Isaint levitates Half Pints Steel Lynx.
If you wait until it hardens you'll be lifting the whole corridor!!! That is going to weigh more than 1400kg given 2 mules, the Lynx, Halfpint 's ride and bodies...! I had assumed you were picking the mule Al and Robyn climbed on and Deckard getting the one with you and him? Or vice versa...?!?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3687 on: <04-11-16/1854:12> »
You can start but you won't complete it before getting shot at, and you will need to be careful not to hit a teammate!!

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3688 on: <04-11-16/1936:44> »
You can start but you won't complete it before getting shot at, and you will need to be careful not to hit a teammate!!
Who's shooting at me? Why would I hit a teammate if the stuff only comes up to waist-level at this point? And does that mean I can't pick up the mule?

adamu

« Reply #3689 on: <04-11-16/1952:42> »
Just to state my next actions OOC - once Al makes sure he's a step beyond the foam flow, and once the tangled wreck of the door has clattered to silence atop it, and since I assume the two guards have had the fight knocked out of them... from that point I am not sure what the angles are, but I'll be ready to provide covering fire from where I am to any coworkers getting out of the foam and past the decimated security checkpoint.

Oh, and smoking.