NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3615 on: <04-01-16/1431:55> »
Aria asked me to post here as a possible replacement in COF. I've posted Yukika Karasu on OP. And I guess there is the discussion of how to bring in a new character at this point. Or if you even want to. :)

I want to add a new character if it's you.
Going to OP to read about Miss Crow right now.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3616 on: <04-01-16/1500:04> »
Welcome aboard.  :)

But a fair warning: Mages and Mystic Adepts somehow have trouble staying in the game. We call it the curse  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3617 on: <04-01-16/1712:39> »
Okay, here's a Perception test for my fingertips question, and whatever else might pop out with a more careful study of the scene.
Besides the type of locking mechanism, looking to see if they brought this thing in on a cart, or if the crate has handles - wondering how specifically they transported it in here (whether they touched it?).
Perception test: 10d6t5 4

And tracking test to see if anyone left this place, or if there were ever more than four people in here (interesting if there were more than four, but no on left...).
Tracking at grisly scene: 13d6t5 3

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3618 on: <04-02-16/1209:34> »
Don't forget that curse also include hackers and I am still here.  For now.  LOL
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3619 on: <04-02-16/1227:29> »
Okay, here's a Perception test for my fingertips question, and whatever else might pop out with a more careful study of the scene.
Besides the type of locking mechanism, looking to see if they brought this thing in on a cart, or if the crate has handles - wondering how specifically they transported it in here (whether they touched it?).
Perception test: 10d6t5 4

And tracking test to see if anyone left this place, or if there were ever more than four people in here (interesting if there were more than four, but no on left...).
Tracking at grisly scene: 13d6t5 3
Typing on my phone so apologies for brevity

Bodies are old, possibly pre crash which would fit J's story
Ones by door were likely banging rather than scratching
Door was automated, no manual controls
There's a bullet hole in the crate, perhaps that's why they didn't remove hazmat
Other than bullet eater you suspect they ran out of air, nasty, but perhaps better than whatever they were afraid of...?
Crate has handles

Anything else you want to know...?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3620 on: <04-02-16/1416:38> »
Well, was hoping to see if anyone left here, but I have no doubt it's a hell of a place to try tracking, and three successes probably isn't enough.

I'll be checking how many rounds are expended from the pistol's clip - assuming one was in the pipe - wondering if there were more shots than the one into the crate and the one he ate.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3621 on: <04-02-16/1430:50> »
Five shots down, if you look hard enough you'll find the others in the walls of the chamber, two near the crate and one near the door

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3622 on: <04-02-16/1432:46> »
Limited view inside the crate, something stone, possibly some metal canisters

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3623 on: <04-04-16/0837:47> »
Aria asked me to post here as a possible replacement in COF. I've posted Yukika Karasu on OP. And I guess there is the discussion of how to bring in a new character at this point. Or if you even want to. :)

I want to add a new character if it's you.
Going to OP to read about Miss Crow right now.
My initial thoughts are that Yukika could join you as soon as you reach Below again...employed by Iris to fulfil her obligations to the team as she is currently unable to?!?  Thoughts?

adamu

« Reply #3624 on: <04-04-16/0858:01> »
Sooner the better!

@Team - I guess for right now it is only Robyn and Half-pint that know about the skimmers.

Hopefully they can distract, deceive, or otherwise bamboozle them without us real-world types having to do anything.

Otherwise, they will certainly notice the giant hole we cut in the duct, and as maintenance drones I would imagine that'd go to the top of their to-do list.

But at such time as Al & Isaint become aware of the threat, I can have Al put the cut-out section back up to the hole.
They'll still notice the structural damage, but it might drop their priority from 'investigate immediately' to 'flag for later repair.'
And at the very least, it'll stop them coming through the hole to take our picture, etc. All they'll be able to do is report the problem....

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3625 on: <04-04-16/1047:28> »
They may not even go up into the duct if they are just looking at the tunnels.  I sent a message to the team as soon as we became aware of the problem.  My read on the current situation is the you guys are still in the duct and Robyn is preparing to get you past the first camera drone when the skimmers are seen.  We can wait to see if they pass the duct or try to lead them away.  Best choice is if they just go past the duct, but that is asking a lot.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3626 on: <04-04-16/1416:25> »
Good plan. And if everything else fails, we'll just have to shoot them and hope the operator doesn't go on full alert when he looses two squishy drones in a dark tunnel.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3627 on: <04-04-16/1545:52> »
Guys, I'm here. Catching up on the thread and then attempting to post before i get abducted by higher forces again.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #3628 on: <04-04-16/1605:30> »
  My read on the current situation is the you guys are still in the duct and Robyn is preparing to get you past the first camera drone when the skimmers are seen.

Oh, yeah, that's a possibility.
Aria's IC post starts out "As your team make their cautious way back towards the duct entry ..." so I took that to be we are still in the magazine and not yet into the ducts yet.

But it could have been meant that we are already in the ducts and making our way to the spot where we first entered them...Aria, could you clarify if we are in the magazine still, or already in the duct? if the latter, I can easily edit my last IC post.

Assuming we are still in the magazine, well, I have no idea if we have expanding foam - I am of course rocking my trusty industrial mechanic tool kit ("each kit must be bought for a separate skill" blah blah blah), which is a delightful yet frustrating simplification to make the rules manageable. So does it have expanding foam? Does it have a hammer?

But probably shouldn't even need to know - I have the rules-appropriate tools, and I have the skill, and I have the Juryrigging quality, so I'll just roll that to whip up something to help minimize the appearance of the cracks...

Base seventeen dice - feel free to add or subtract dice, GM
Juryrigging to conceal cracks: 17d6t5 7
Under my Mental Limit, so can use all those.

I'll post when we know for sure exactly where we are!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3629 on: <04-04-16/1623:51> »
I meant that you are back in the duct, the drones are in the tunnels nearby. Unless you left the entry cover off the duct they shouldn't have a visual on you...unless you jump out and say boo!?