NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #3585 on: <03-19-16/1059:54> »
Thanks! I didn't played for quite some time...it was the 2nd or 3rd edition in place. The 5th edition is new to me, but it looks pretty easy to get used to.
I' working on an ex-soldier ork, slighly augmented to take more punishment (but he plans to recieve some more).

His father was an ork, his mother was a human, who died giving birth to him. His father turned to drinking and blamed him for the loss of his beloved wife, beating him regularly. Because of his heavy drinking habit, his father was fired from his job, so he had to start working at the age of 10. Two years after this, his father had enough of his own life, he bought a gun and shot himself in the head.
Having lost both of his parents, he enlisted in the army as soon as he was allowed to do it, to give his his life a new meaning. For a time, he tought he found it, he exeled at basic training and his early missions were succesfull. But this changed, when he was assigned to a new commanding officer, who thought that only humans has place in the army, and tried to remove them from his unit. His wish was granted, when he recieved a jaw-breaking punch from our "hero", after a long speech of why other metahumans worth much less, than humans. For this, he recieved a bad conduct discharge, giving him a really hard time finding work. He worked in a small mercanery band for almost two years, but he left them, when they started to get less concered about who they have to kill for  the money. After this, he began to find his own jobs, wich- given his past - was not so hard...as long as he looked for them in the shadows.

If it's ok, I refine the story a bit. If not, I can make a new character, that fits in better. I'm open for suggestions.
« Last Edit: <03-19-16/1454:59> by PRabel »

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #3586 on: <03-21-16/2142:21> »
@Adamu I am so happy you are getting to use Kim Park aka Korean Gordo.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #3587 on: <03-22-16/0806:14> »
sorry guys, i've got way behind on the posting and i just don't really know enough of the lore to keep in with who's who and what's going on. feel free to offer up my slot to other folk.
thanks for the play time GM :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #3588 on: <03-22-16/0820:05> »
@Adamu I am so happy you are getting to use Kim Park aka Korean Gordo.

It's a cool character.

But he's your creation, so if I get anything wrong then PM me here or something.

Trying to do him justice, but obviously having to add detail since I've just got a couple of paras of description to go on...

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #3589 on: <03-22-16/1014:44> »
It's a cool character.

But he's your creation, so if I get anything wrong then PM me here or something.

Trying to do him justice, but obviously having to add detail since I've just got a couple of paras of description to go on...

Characters and stories are our creations to which we give birth. Once in the world they grow and change on their own. :)

The couple paragraphs are a seed planted in our imaginations. You've taken that seed and watered it. Who knows what it will grow into?

I'll stop waxing metaphorical. I'm just excited that what I had in mind when I wrote him up seems to have connected with someone, and it's awesome to see this idea used and extended. It's really what we are all doing here with our collaborative storytelling. It's fun to be part of it.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3590 on: <03-22-16/2059:42> »
The curse is real!! Sorry guys, another week before I could post! Terrible
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3591 on: <03-23-16/1432:11> »
@Aria

I just noticed: It was never mentioned what kind of building the artifact is stored in. Is it a government office, a museum, a Lonestar armory or a frozen yogurt shop?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #3592 on: <03-23-16/1541:30> »
MM and I are getting started now.  What I'm not sure of is, for threads on this board, which thread should we be using for OOC stuff?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3593 on: <03-23-16/1556:42> »
This one.  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3594 on: <03-23-16/1618:17> »
This one.  ;)

Thanks!

btw -- general note: In my first IC post for Preston I've experimented a bit, having him name aspects of his personality, and splicing in those thoughts in things.  They are all coded in shades of blue.  If you find this hard to read, confusing, or simply annoying then please let me know.  As I said, it is an experiment.

-------------------------------------

Preston OOC

Scanning the area: Perception pool 12
   Perception: 12d6t5 3

Check for hidden devices: Computer pool 10
   Look for hidden icons: 10d6t5 4

adamu

« Reply #3595 on: <03-23-16/1717:45> »
Actually, there's a dedicated Tangled Currents OOC thread here, but really it's up to Mercy which one you use.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3596 on: <03-23-16/1724:45> »
@Aria

I just noticed: It was never mentioned what kind of building the artifact is stored in. Is it a government office, a museum, a Lonestar armory or a frozen yogurt shop?
I thought I'd mentioned it somewhere, possibly OoC but glad you shouted!

The artefact is in an abandoned Eurowars magazine for (supposedly) decommissioned explosives, it was built before the Underplex was even conceived.  Mr J offered to supply you with breaching charges if you wanted them (pretty sure I did forget that part!).  The mapsoft indicates an octagonal chamber with an entry point and 6 'wings' leading off edges, the last edge is probably a computer terminal.
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3597 on: <03-23-16/1727:42> »
Actually, there's a dedicated Tangled Currents OOC thread here, but really it's up to Mercy which one you use.

Doh, found it now.  Failure to read search results carefully the first time around.  Copied info over there.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3598 on: <03-23-16/1739:16> »
sorry guys, i've got way behind on the posting and i just don't really know enough of the lore to keep in with who's who and what's going on. feel free to offer up my slot to other folk.
thanks for the play time GM :-)
Sorry to see you go!  There will always be a slot in one of my games if you decide to come back to us!

@Obi: No worries, keep your head down and try to avoid the curse, see when you get back!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3599 on: <03-24-16/0834:46> »
@CoF - are we doing anything IC with Cjarrat dropping out?

Seems so far we are acting as though Halfpint is still with us...probably should be addressed one way or another...