NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3540 on: <02-16-16/0631:03> »
CoF - so per Aria's earlier ruling, I'm just saying the compartments are done by morning.

I have no idea what all each person is hoping to stow in them - I guess it's up to each individual player to keep track of what they are taking (hopefully within reason), and if you want I suppose you could note what your gear is hidden in (instrument case, amplifier, whatever).

Me, I'm only hiding a shotgun and some ammo, which will be in the back of the cello case.

Edit: Oh - and my demolitions bag in an amplifier.
« Last Edit: <02-16-16/0730:37> by adamu »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3541 on: <02-16-16/0759:33> »
Robyn has nothing to hide.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3542 on: <02-16-16/0828:52> »
Robyn has nothing to hide.
Well I suspect your deck is still illegal in some places!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3543 on: <02-16-16/0843:51> »
Indeed.  But it is implanted.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3544 on: <02-16-16/1004:55> »
Doh! Need to re-read your sheet before opening my mouth  :o ??? ::)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3545 on: <02-16-16/1050:23> »
LOL  I have to reread it all the time.

mderm

• Newb
« Reply #3546 on: <02-16-16/1520:28> »
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a pbp game for my decker. This will be my first ever Shadowrun game!
I understand there are several sub-games in Stormy Waters.
I'm happy to play in any but a newer game (with less background to read) would be preferred.

I've posted my character Jean-Erik de Quere in the Big Black Book o' Runners (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=487.msg434285#msg434285).

He has no background story yet. I thought I'd add something appropriate.

Anyone interested, let me know - along with suggestions for depth and content of backstory to suit your game.

Thanks.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3547 on: <02-16-16/1639:33> »
Hi!  CoF is full at the moment but Adamu may be able to slot you in to his starting/upcoming game!  Check out his recruitment thread here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23160.0

Stats are one thing but I think I speak for most of us when I say background and character are more interesting, at least at first!  If you want to start accruing 'rewards' for this game you could always start writing some IC fiction like this: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23235.0 and then we'll slot you in as soon as we can!

I'm not thinking of running another game myself at the moment because RL is consistently getting in the way of more RP time but hopefully it won't be too long.  That said I was going to run a 'non-standard' game next which won't use the usual character gen, but I might change my mind anyway ;)

adamu

« Reply #3548 on: <02-16-16/1710:45> »
@Mderm - yeah, check out first post of my recruitment thread - maybe get you in a couple weeks from now - like Aria said, detailed background/lifestyle/contacts king.

@all - family sick - my gaming schedule all pushed back hopefully just until tomorrow.

@CoF - hey, all these compartments and stuff are for when we go to the Underplex mall, right?
Down here in the wilds of below it's open carry, right?

Do correct me if I'm wrong....

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3549 on: <02-16-16/1729:39> »
No you are right. As soon as we are in Below it's heavy weapons time.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #3550 on: <02-16-16/1735:25> »
any suggestions for a heavy drone loaded with a tank's worth of arsenal?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #3551 on: <02-17-16/1305:25> »
Even as Al shakes his head incredulously at the idea of being a matchmaker for a bunch of hippies and degenerates, he thinks back to all he's studied over the past month.

London Below knowledge skill plus Att totals 11 dice for each.

Anything he knows about House of Flowers
House of Flowers: 11d6t5 2

Anything he knows on Iron House
Iron House: 11d6t5 4

Most important - what sort of ritual, ceremony, certification or whatever would it take for their marriage to be a done deal that the denizens of Below would have to accept?
Necessary marriage ritual: 11d6t5 4

mderm

• Newb
« Reply #3552 on: <02-17-16/1425:38> »
Stats are one thing but I think I speak for most of us when I say background and character are more interesting, at least at first!  If you want to start accruing 'rewards' for this game you could always start writing some IC fiction like this: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23235.0 and then we'll slot you in as soon as we can!

I'm not thinking of running another game myself at the moment because RL is consistently getting in the way of more RP time but hopefully it won't be too long.  That said I was going to run a 'non-standard' game next which won't use the usual character gen, but I might change my mind anyway ;)

Hi Aria,

I like the idea of writing IC fiction. I see there's a fan fiction section here. I might make that part of my MO when creating characters: stats in one place with links to fan fiction introducing the character and his/her world, history and character. I want to build a stable of characters to play so I get experience with all the different types and rules. Last year when I started RPG with Pathfinder I had plans to create several characters with a common history, play them in separate games and develop a meta-narrative for the group from game play.

I'm interested in any kind of game so if you do need a player for your next run feel free to get in touch.

Thanks.

mderm

• Newb
« Reply #3553 on: <02-17-16/1429:30> »
@Mderm - yeah, check out first post of my recruitment thread - maybe get you in a couple weeks from now - like Aria said, detailed background/lifestyle/contacts king.

Hi adamu,
Yes found it and have posted a concept for my character's history. My post doesn't really say anything about him as a person, so I'll try work on something - maybe a transcript of a work psych evaluation, therapy session, support group or romantic dinner.

Also, got some feedback on the 'character critique' section and have been advised the build is too skills/resources heavy. I'll need to fix that first.
« Last Edit: <02-17-16/1431:24> by mderm »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3554 on: <02-18-16/0817:23> »
Even as Al shakes his head incredulously at the idea of being a matchmaker for a bunch of hippies and degenerates, he thinks back to all he's studied over the past month.

London Below knowledge skill plus Att totals 11 dice for each.

Anything he knows about House of Flowers
House of Flowers: 11d6t5 2

Anything he knows on Iron House
Iron House: 11d6t5 4

Most important - what sort of ritual, ceremony, certification or whatever would it take for their marriage to be a done deal that the denizens of Below would have to accept?
Necessary marriage ritual: 11d6t5 4
Well you've got the House info on OP here: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/the-great-houses, you are welcome to add some little details, they might even be true :D

As to the ceremony (applies to the 13 Houses, less so to 'normal folk'): 3's have significance Below, so you need the couple plus a Guide from the Courts of the Holy (who performs the ceremony), and you need 3 witnesses, each from a different House.  These could be from the House(s) of the couple, but don't have to be... The ceremony needs to be performed in one of the holy sites Below, and there are several to choose from.  Again, I'll give you some liberties to make one up or I can conjure one as you like?!?