NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3495 on: <02-01-16/0827:42> »
@Aria

Clarification question: How does the distraction work in the Underplex. Is it terminated for a certain time, or can we call for it at any time?
And does the Johnson give us details on what exactly is planned there?
The J gives you the details, it's there as your distraction but it's a separate run to extract a Renraku employee from the Underplex and has it's own timeframe which you can't dictate (and it stops you spending 4 weeks planning! :P)... reading between the lines you might get the impression that he doesn't really care about the extraction, if the other team gets hosed well they don't need paying  ::) :o 8)

It's set for tomorrow night so you have a limited time to get things in motion but it shouldn't be considered a 'rush job' as you have over 24hrs prep time and you are all consummate professionals...right? ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3496 on: <02-01-16/0902:55> »
For bonus karma for submitting contacts on OP (and to make sharing them easier) please put them here: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/contacts with the format based on the entry for Silk. Each entry here counts as 1 IC post for rewards so some depth is appreciated! Thanks!

adamu

« Reply #3497 on: <02-03-16/1754:07> »
@CoF - okay now that we have a plan and there is all this nitty gritty work to do with IDs and hidden compartments and organizing instruments and mule drones and so forth, can I just suggest we have Aria lay out parameters for some wide-ranging get-it-all done extended tests for anything he thinks we might not have the skills to succeed at.

And then when we actually go into the dungeon, we can assume that the IDs and hidden gear are all sorted.

Just so we don't get bogged down unnecessarily in the details of all these logistics issues.

NOTE - I am by no means suggesting we gloss over any RP that anyone wants to do over the ensuing twelve hours, either together or just individual posts with fluff about getting said work done.

Just trying to gloss over the endless game mechanics of the prep work.

Just an idea.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3498 on: <02-03-16/2233:40> »
Sounds good to me.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3499 on: <02-04-16/0835:25> »
Sounds good to me.
Me too!  Although I've been using the time to tidy up the OP site and trying desperately to read all these mini threads :P  Damn you lot can write!!!

IDs are being provided by the J, stock mules too if you want them... not sure there's anything there that really needs rolls as such, but I will need some kind of indication from each of you just what you intend to bring!  It's not so much of an issue 'Below' but the Underplex itself is going to be another matter... bodyguards are all very well but you won't be able to bring weapons in unless they are A) fully licenced (J can do those too probably, but no 'F' items) and B) secured in such a way that they can't be easily accessed...so locked portable weapons lockers kind of thing.  The same applies to armour and other things that might visibly upset the patrons of the corp utopia!

So, provide that little lot and we can bounce the action along to entering Below...that is if you intend to go that route at all but it's the one that I'd advise (from my biased position of <evil GM> TM)?!? 

As Adamu said, not trying to curtail RP at all but I know players will plan 'forever' if you let 'em  ::)

adamu

« Reply #3500 on: <02-05-16/0817:06> »
Hey all - don't know about you guys but I am having a hell of a time accessing the site right now. So if I seem uncharacteristically silent, that's why.

Hope that is also why BB hasn't been around for a few days - really would hate to lose her from this game...

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3501 on: <02-05-16/0908:39> »
Hey all - don't know about you guys but I am having a hell of a time accessing the site right now. So if I seem uncharacteristically silent, that's why.

Hope that is also why BB hasn't been around for a few days - really would hate to lose her from this game...

Took me a few minutes, but there should be an option to still come in despite the bullshit warning.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #3502 on: <02-05-16/0910:43> »
Never underestimate my digital dumbness....

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3503 on: <02-06-16/0138:58> »
I have communicated with BB by email and she tells me that she is in the hospital with a bad case of pneumonia and flu.  She apparently cannot get to the forum site with her phone and asked me to tell everyone.  She also said she would need to drop from Adamu's game because of her illness.  She will be back on when she can.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3504 on: <02-06-16/0206:47> »
I have communicated with BB by email and she tells me that she is in the hospital with a bad case of pneumonia and flu.  She apparently cannot get to the forum site with her phone and asked me to tell everyone.  She also said she would need to drop from Adamu's game because of her illness.  She will be back on when she can.

Tell her to get better. Health is more important than any game. I'm sure that Adamu will keep a slot open for her when she's well. Don't want to speak for him, but he seems like a good sort like that.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3505 on: <02-06-16/0230:59> »
@Mercy

Tell her to get well from me too  :). And if it's the chrome browser blocking her because of that fake malware warning, she can try and download the Opera browser from the app store. That's how I got back on the site with my smartphone (Staying in hospital is no fun without internet and rpg)
« Last Edit: <02-06-16/0232:30> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3506 on: <02-06-16/1414:47> »
Hi Guys, sorry for lack of posting lately, rough week.
It's when you think it's gonna be an easy week that everything comes at once!
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3507 on: <02-06-16/1428:38> »
It is OK.  Your posting record speaks for itself and anyone of us can have a bad few days.  Besides, it looks like we are just at the breaking up point anyway.  Time for you to do some solo prep stuff and get to the next rendezvous site.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3508 on: <02-08-16/0037:36> »
Sorry I've been mia, my kid took ill and basically melted into a puddle of needs. And of course I was paranoid about malware.
Will catch up tomorrow.

adamu

« Reply #3509 on: <02-08-16/0311:55> »
yeah - hey - at least for me my computer finally learned to love this site again about four this morning (yeah, I was up puttering with SR at that hour - go figure).

Damn I've got a lot to do, and this week is going to be killer at work.

Will try to keep up with everything!