NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3480 on: <01-28-16/0117:58> »
Hey Adamu, did you want me to go through your subcampaign recruitment for Achilles + Al? I admit, I peeked at that thread at its inception, but since then it's gotten quite long. I'm not sure I have the gusto to read the whole thing.

adamu

« Reply #3481 on: <01-28-16/0334:16> »
Hey Adamu, did you want me to go through your subcampaign recruitment for Achilles + Al? I admit, I peeked at that thread at its inception, but since then it's gotten quite long. I'm not sure I have the gusto to read the whole thing.

@Pistol - I remain very open to a duo project with Achilles and Al.

Like I said, check out Al's history on OP and choose a time/region their paths might have crossed - well up for it.

But that would be just us doing our thing.

Al won't be a part of the subcampaign I GM (which you are more than welcome to join, with Achilles or another character).

As for reading the whole recruit thread, even I don't have the gusto to read the entire thing. You really just need the first post and the last page or so for recent updates. Any questions, let me know.

By the way, I love the angry Jackhammer with a chip on his shoulder. And his interest in Robyn spices things up as well!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3482 on: <01-28-16/0802:01> »
@CoF: Looks like you are in to the planning stage so I don't anticipate writing any IC myself for a bit but I'll be here to answer questions.  Mr J has provided you with a file that contains the partially corrupted 3D model of the barrel and the location of the underground bunker (accessible only through the Underplex - or so the file says).  Bear in mind that the Underplex is a soulless shopping mall with top notch security, cameras everywhere and a cop on every corner!  There is a suggestion in the file that you might want to pose as merchants for one of the produce markets down there to explain a mule drone or similar, but the plan is down to you lot.  Below can access the Underplex in a few locations on the SE border (see the Google Maps overlay), or there are various 'normal people' links via the Tube stations and a few overground entrances (these are mostly closed off / heavily secured due to the decaying West End above!)...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3483 on: <01-28-16/1308:39> »
Jackhammer and Iris really aren't going to get along, are they? I thought it would be Isaint, but those two seem to have a surprisingly cordial relationship so far.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3484 on: <01-28-16/1321:09> »
Isaint does learn from past mistakes 
It's all about not making the same mistakes twice if there are new and exiting mistakes to be made  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3485 on: <01-28-16/1357:25> »
I'll have to thank Goodnight if we ever run into her!

I figure the adversarial relationship between Iris and Jackhammer will probably last until one surprises the other, or one saves the other's life.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3486 on: <01-28-16/1410:14> »
Well if you blow somebody up, or better yet, take them down hand-to-hand, he'll probably have to re-think some things. Otherwise, there's a good chance he'll end up taking some bullets or grenades or whatever Aria finds amusing. Maybe even some meant for others, such as Iris.

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3487 on: <01-28-16/1435:17> »
I can probably get away with hand to hand, but I'd have to nickel-and-dime them to death for a while. I don't have the strength to really dish it out, so I'd have to set up a bunch of HtH conditions like kneecaps and such. Now, with the knife I'll carve on them and no mistake, but if Iris gets into hand to hand, its more like that what Jackhammer will see happen to her opponent is stop-motion leprosy. That Rot spell is a right bastard.

Explosions I can do!

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #3488 on: <01-28-16/1654:21> »
If all else fails I can cut stuff in half with my laser, set it on fire with the Underbarrel flamethrower and then blow the cinders into a fine paste with the coaxial GL.
And then shoot the paste with the Underbarrel shotgun lol
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3489 on: <01-28-16/2016:55> »
Just a note: I'm quite enjoying the interplay with Jackhammer, because they clearly think terribly about one another. My hat- were I to wear one- goes off to you, Pistolgrip.

And the Canary bit is my first stab at trying to RP "Did you just call me dumb?"

Kind of waiting for Jackhammer to take a swing at her, once he realizes how prickly and vaguely insulting Iris is being.

Player's note: The player won't be too pissed if nonlethal combat breaks out. That's how a lot of shit gets settled in the Barrenses of the world, so that's kind of the way she knows.
« Last Edit: <01-28-16/2027:49> by BrickyardBabe »

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3490 on: <01-29-16/0156:43> »
Jackhammer would never start throwing punches at someone just because they insulted him. Or at least, not unless they had a very punchable face. I don't think that's the case here. But I'd definitely considered a sparring match, as a matter of his personal pride, to put a proud woman in her place.
I'm starting to think he might be a little bit sexist.

Also, after I read your posts, I checked out your obsidian portal and saw the "did you just call me dumb" and immediately thought "Oh, I think that's what she was RPing".

adamu

« Reply #3491 on: <01-29-16/2057:45> »
@Pistol, dude, I swear every IC post you do there is at least one line that makes me break out laughing.
Great stuff - you seem to really have found Jackhammer's voice.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3492 on: <01-29-16/2251:04> »
Haha, thanks. I've had my share of laugh-out-loud lines too. "Musical faces" being one of the best.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3493 on: <01-31-16/0441:28> »
@Aria

Clarification question: How does the distraction work in the Underplex. Is it terminated for a certain time, or can we call for it at any time?
And does the Johnson give us details on what exactly is planned there?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3494 on: <02-01-16/0023:14> »
Sorry I had no time to tell people that I was going to be away for the weekend.  Got a call from the ex in-laws that they needed help moving several feet of snow from their cabin.  Drove 150 miles to catch a train to the middle of nowhere.  Moved a ton of snow form house and large equipment shed.  Got back home tonight.  Again, sorry for no warning.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>