NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3465 on: <01-21-16/1712:12> »
Ok,
summing up questions Isaint has:

- Can the Johnson provide plans for the installation and its security or are we to find that out ourselves
- What exactly are we stealing here
- Where should the thing be delivered to
- What is the time limit/is this time sensitive
- Does the Johnson provide us with fake IDs if we are to infiltrate the Underplex

More subtle, I'd like to find out:
- Who is he working for
- What is the artifact really
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3466 on: <01-21-16/1720:03> »
Iris is all about those same questions. She would further like to know if its magically active, and if retrieving it and/or carrying it is likely to attract unwanted attention (so I know if I need to start the search for a really, really high powered manacoffin, and an expendable mook to lug it). But first she has to be catty.

Is the Johnson magical? If this turns out to be an awakened artifact retrieval, it would be nice to know that the guy explaining the job doesn't have his head up his ass. Not that I'm holding out a lot of hope here.

Edit: This being one of those times where social dice pools may actually be helpful- being hard to roleplay lie-detector mode- Iris is very much on bullshit patrol. This is turning into a drek run in a hurry.
« Last Edit: <01-21-16/1731:30> by BrickyardBabe »

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3467 on: <01-23-16/0155:27> »
Etiquette roll with The Johnson: 15d6 (CHA 12, Etiquette 2, Glamours): 4 Successes (And a narrowly avoided glitch)

Don't know if this roll is strictly necessary, but I figured I'd throw it anyway.

Edit: Forgot the +1 from the dress, but it was a failure anyway so I won't bother copy-pasting it.

Not trying a negotiation roll yet because we're not negotiating. Unless someone tells me, "No, stupid, throw negotiation."

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3468 on: <01-23-16/0923:19> »
Ok,
summing up questions Isaint has:

- Can the Johnson provide plans for the installation and its security or are we to find that out ourselves
- What exactly are we stealing here
- Where should the thing be delivered to
- What is the time limit/is this time sensitive
- Does the Johnson provide us with fake IDs if we are to infiltrate the Underplex

More subtle, I'd like to find out:
- Who is he working for
- What is the artifact really
Ok, no time for an IC but I'll try and answer the questions I've picked up...

@Al / Iris: yes, he'd assumed you'd go through Below rather than the surface / underground routes that the public usually use - too much security.  That's why he asked for people with experience Below!  The facility itself is not part of Below or connected to it.  The parts of Below that were around there got subsumed into the Underplex (yes, they weren't too pleased but no doubt deals were done...)

@Isaint: it's not nuclear, nobody stores nukes under their capital!!!  Yes, it is a magical artefact, exact purpose is unclear/unknown/he's not telling.

The artefact is stored in a 'barrel' about 1m diameter and 1.5m long...too heavy to carry unaided.  He can provide you with a mule drone if you want

Bring it back to the Angel (yes, it is a front!)

No particular time constraints but he's organising for another team to cause a distraction at the other end of the Underplex and their deadline is approaching so to make use of it you'll need to go tomorrow night

He can provide burner IDs

Not sure how you intend to find out the other two questions...he's not going to tell you directly!

@Iris: he's not awakened as far as you can tell, he doesn't seem to be lying or holding anything back in particular, he's fairly easy to read...he doesn't seem to be awed at all by the power represented in the seven of you

Payment doesn't really work as normal here due to my reward system for 2075, unless you want to bargain for goods/services rather than cash?  Assume he'll provide a good price for your services with part upfront

Someone asked a while back about the ability to edit the London Google Maps overlay, hopefully you should now be able to do that!  If it's PC specific can I ask that it goes in the PC layer so it can be switched on/off?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z1I6Tz-427Ho.k3R_sC52IMO4&usp=sharing
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3469 on: <01-23-16/1442:09> »
I'm fine getting "the listed rate." My negotiation is crap anyway. Further questions from Iris:

1. Can we expect someone else to try and grab the damn thing?
2. Does it attract spirits, or have spirits bound/attached/etc?

@All: Sooooo...trap?

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3470 on: <01-24-16/0012:08> »
Guys my apolgies, I caught a bad cold or the flue is coming in!
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3471 on: <01-25-16/0804:34> »
I'm fine getting "the listed rate." My negotiation is crap anyway. Further questions from Iris:

1. Can we expect someone else to try and grab the damn thing?
2. Does it attract spirits, or have spirits bound/attached/etc?

@All: Sooooo...trap?
1. No particular reason why they should, it's been down there for decades!  This intel has come from internal corp archives
2. No solid data but doesn't believe so...
3. No comment  8)

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #3472 on: <01-25-16/0811:30> »
Haha, well the comment about the distraction squad is probably the ruse. We're probably the actual distraction team otherwise they'd be organised around our strike time instead of us being told when to go
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #3473 on: <01-25-16/0822:41> »
@TB - Jack

Okay, looks like Vinnie's going to need to sleep with the fishes tonight. Al won't want to kill the girl, though, so we'll have to be creative about that. (Maybe she's the one that eventually rats Al out?)

Anyway, I know you like to play out these little skirmishes, so I guess Al has weapon ready at this point.

Away from sheet and books until tonight. Go ahead if you want to get the combat started - I'll add in my bit when I post tonight (unless of course you take him down right away!)

This one is probably a bit tougher than the last two guys, by the way - he's Arty's number two guy.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3474 on: <01-25-16/1331:53> »
Regarding the girl: That's what I figured.
We don't have to roll this fight out. The bottle throw was just to determine if this would end quickly ::)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3475 on: <01-25-16/1349:33> »
Regarding the girl: That's what I figured.
We don't have to roll this fight out. The bottle throw was just to determine if this would end quickly ::)

Cool - it's two on one - I am sure we'll quickly beat him senseless and then lifeless. Then we deal with the girl somehow. You're up!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3476 on: <01-26-16/1547:13> »
Contacts on OP: each contact write-up counts as an IC for rewards so they are potentially 'easy money' however I'd like them set out in a way that makes them useful to everyone.  It would be great if we could see collaboration on contacts (and I'll give each PC a reward if there's sufficient depth to warrant it!).  So, my proposed format is something like the one used by Jayde in his campaign:

Example

Silk
Adept, Infobroker, Fixer / Connection 4
Description:
Silk is a former runner who inherited an information gathering network previously run and managed by a French fixer called Argent.  Argent’s precipitous return to Europe after the death of her husband left the readymade intelligence operation up for grabs and Silk’s gift for seeing patterns and recognizing trends made her an obvious choice to pick it up.  The accuracy of Silk’s information and the discretion she learnt from her days as a runner has preserved the trusts that Argent worked so long to establish and Silk is now an up and coming force to be reckoned with in the Seattle shadows.
Preferred Runners: Professionals
Uses: Information, disinformation, fixer services relating to info gathering
Places to Meet: Matrix gaming hosts [eg. The Citadel], Seattle coffee shops
Available: Most of the time, she rarely sleeps

The description should be 'general knowledge' rather than specific to your PC...how you know your contacts should probably be a section in your Bio!  Equally, Loyalty will be listed in your bio rather than in the contacts section.

To help a little I may re-organise the Contacts page into broad categories, feel free to tweak / comment!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3477 on: <01-27-16/0549:57> »
@CoF: for those of you with some knowledge of London Below the OP site has been updated with a list of the 13 great houses. Feel free to add additional rumours/gossip to the entry!

https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/the-great-houses

adamu

« Reply #3478 on: <01-27-16/0614:23> »
SWEET - I was planning on torturing you with requests for just this sort of information, now that I've got my London Below street knowledge jacked up...

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3479 on: <01-27-16/1151:29> »
Once I get back from the gym, I'll put up all of my sister's stuff for each house.