NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3450 on: <01-20-16/1440:43> »
Just so everyone knows, I am here. But by the time I read one long, descriptive post, another one is up and I have to close my laptop to go do other things. Specifically preparing for a trip to the southernmost tip of the continental US. Why? Because the bus ticket was cheap and the beaches are warm.

But speaking of bus, I'm stuck on one for the entire day so I'll be posting. I don't know when I became such a traveler, but it's really cutting into my Shadowrun time.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3451 on: <01-20-16/1512:54> »
No problem, we'll give you and CS a chance to post before the J moves things along - in the meantime the other runners have time to chat amongst themselves!

@Newbies: I promised a ruling on character gen special attribute points and here's my idea (Prime runner builds only)

Initiation / Submersion: you can buy as many levels as you can afford with your starting karma but there will need to be some good RP justification for going over 3-4 grades!
Magic / resonance: 1 special attribute point can be added if you have initiated (or 2 if you've bought exception attribute)
Skills: if you haven't increased magic or resonance above the normal max you can spend a starting skill point to raise a skill to 7

So, feel free to loose a point of edge in exchange for magic, or swap a skill point into your primary skill...or just ignore this entirely and I'll enshrine it in the character gen for future runners.

That is unless anyone wants to suggest why I should do this differently??!  It's your game too after all!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3452 on: <01-20-16/1601:44> »
No objections, but Edge is a valuable commodity - I wouldn't give mine up. :)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3453 on: <01-20-16/1627:59> »
@Jack - for that last CoF post - was there a full version you wanted to put up?

Also, do you think your old friends will recognize you (maybe by gear or mannerism?) or should we not recognize you yet?

As for playing an AI...I am not above a bit of nepotistic rule-bending for my established gaming mates, and it would be a hoot to play alongside such a character, but man, I can't even understand the matrix rules - how would I GM something like that...?

I understand. It took me awhile to grok them. That's why I'd play an AI in a robotic body with no more hacking than direct connection - open door - if at all.
Everything else is physical, meatbag.  ;)

<<Sigh>> Well, not like anyone's beating down my doors (getting a bit more love on DS, which surprises me given the relative traffic).
I'll find some time to read the AI character rules, if you want to start working something up.
If you're serious about this, let's continue the conversation on the recruitment thread....

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3454 on: <01-20-16/1916:49> »
@CoF; quick note for the astral perceivers... The other patrons are in all likelihood other members of the sec detail! At least one Mage of moderate power...

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3455 on: <01-20-16/1939:24> »
@Aria: Because no one not on business would be caught dead or alive in this place?

@Adamu: Ol' Al's got the soul of a poet! (I read him describing the stars to Alyce). I wonder if he's ever thought about writing sim flicks rather than being in them.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3456 on: <01-20-16/2026:55> »
I'd like to apologize for my spam-like posting. I'm bringing Jackhammer's story around one bit at a time. Don't let me stop anyone from posting.

adamu

« Reply #3457 on: <01-21-16/0333:22> »
I'd like to apologize for my spam-like posting. I'm bringing Jackhammer's story around one bit at a time. Don't let me stop anyone from posting.

Dude - never apologize for great character-building flashback posting! Rock onward!

adamu

« Reply #3458 on: <01-21-16/0334:20> »

@Adamu: Ol' Al's got the soul of a poet! (I read him describing the stars to Alyce). I wonder if he's ever thought about writing sim flicks rather than being in them.

That's because Al is a genius at EVERYTHING he does.
Of course.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3459 on: <01-21-16/0417:52> »
@pistolgrip
Nice flashback  ;D

For all who are wondering what Isaint looks like at the moment:

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3460 on: <01-21-16/0424:16> »
Sweet - visuals always enhance the game!

Is it that?
Or that plus ork features?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3461 on: <01-21-16/0433:50> »
Isaint has the human-looking quality.  ;D
In essence he can look like anybody if he really applied himself (but usually he is content just not to look like himself)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3462 on: <01-21-16/0457:11> »
Got it, thanks!

adamu

« Reply #3463 on: <01-21-16/1424:57> »
@CoF - hey all, just a note of explanation.

Mercy is stuck at work but really wants to post (no Shadowgrid access at office), so is e-mailing me some posts to put up.
Obviously those posts will go on Mercy's count.

By the way, not trying to derail the actual run!
Just seems we are killing time waiting for either Halfpint or the Johnson to speak up, so can't hurt to carry on with the role-play.
This was a scene we'd been planning for a while, but we're steering it to where their interactions can be incidental flavor (mostly during lulls waiting for action-advancing posts from others), with our main focus on the run at hand..

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3464 on: <01-21-16/1615:41> »
I've messaged CS and as I haven't heard back I'll introduce him as a 'silent partner' to the meet so that we can crack on... as ever it might be easier to handle the bones of the conversation OoC with some bullet points from me and then you lot pen the conversation in...we'll see how it goes.

@CS, just slot in whenever you like...