NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3345 on: <12-28-15/1918:02> »
Hi folks...still lurking here, will try to answer the various PMs soon!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3346 on: <12-28-15/1919:59> »
Your guy - yeah, I rolled just for the fun of it, but he didn't really stand a chance, did he. Technically unconscious, but fluff it how you want (fetal on the ground whimpering, whatever).

Me - yeah, Al is good at not getting hit, but too scrawny to really put people down with his hands.

Unless they ruin his favorite yellowing T-shirt and he starts taking it seriously!

So he has no more actions, and Al has two.

On 11, I'll use Free to Adept Center, Free to Call Shot to Specific Location - Gut, then Complex for Unarmed Combat with Edge to Push the Limit
Centering eats up 5 of the 6 penalty on the called shot.
Gut punch: 19d6h5 3
Robbed!
But in case he rolls badly, it's still 4S plus the three hits, and if I have any nets I'll take Nauseous, then Stunned

Then, since I assume he'll still be standing, I'll repeat the same process on 1.
Second gut punch: 19d6h5 5
Still a crappy roll, but hopefully by now he'll be worn down enough to start puking.

In case we need it, my next initiative will be 23.
And naturally if the guy is still standing, Al won't want any help with him.

adamu

« Reply #3347 on: <12-28-15/1920:32> »
Did you guys switch the play from Tribal Beats to here?  Or was this the overall OOC place?

Yeah, this is OOC for all Aria's games on this board.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3348 on: <12-28-15/1924:30> »
Thanks I will remember that.  Which is why you prefaced the post withy @TB.  I got it.  Just a bit slow on the uptake.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3349 on: <12-29-15/0828:41> »
Stepping out me with Al, Mercy? After that night? I'm shocked!  :P

Lovely intro as per usual for you, Mercy. I'm sure our somewhat grizzled companion will be his usual amazing self.

Any chance I can hope that Mr. Wuxing Creep survives this side run? I know a good villain when I see one and that description begs for a recurring bastard.

Also, did anyone on the team arrange for graves for William's family? If they're in London Above they might meet a young banshee bringing flowers. I'm not above borrowing Goodnight for a reason to be there if Isaint or Al or JackHammer would like to get in on this.

adamu

« Reply #3350 on: <12-29-15/0841:18> »
Hmmm - hadn't thought about a memorial for the "dead."

Doubt Al would either.

And it occurs to me that their extended family would be the ones doing the funeral, and that might not be a wise event for the runners to show up to.
eTher's organization would probably make sure there was a funeral, though.

Could be a great scene for Goodnight or her sister to show up to, though, possibly even spurring her/them to come find the surviving runners to find out what happened...?
Not a scene likely to end well, though....

As for Al and Alyce, that's back in 2068, so whatever ends up happening, it's ancient history by the time your side thread starts!

As for Ling Tse Tau, we'll just have to wait and see how naughty he decides to be...but recurring villains are great, though!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3351 on: <12-29-15/0926:28> »
Thanks for the kind words.  Al and I have been working parts of this out for a few days. 

I also like recurring villains, and that may be something to think about.  But I do not want to step on Aria's toes by dumping a bad guy in his lap that he might not want.  He is a piece of slime, though.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3352 on: <12-30-15/1320:31> »
@TB

Your guy - yeah, I rolled just for the fun of it, but he didn't really stand a chance, did he. Technically unconscious, but fluff it how you want (fetal on the ground whimpering, whatever).

Me - yeah, Al is good at not getting hit, but too scrawny to really put people down with his hands.

Unless they ruin his favorite yellowing T-shirt and he starts taking it seriously!

So he has no more actions, and Al has two.

On 11, I'll use Free to Adept Center, Free to Call Shot to Specific Location - Gut, then Complex for Unarmed Combat with Edge to Push the Limit
Centering eats up 5 of the 6 penalty on the called shot.
Gut punch: 19d6h5 3
Robbed!
But in case he rolls badly, it's still 4S plus the three hits, and if I have any nets I'll take Nauseous, then Stunned

Then, since I assume he'll still be standing, I'll repeat the same process on 1.
Second gut punch: 19d6h5 5
Still a crappy roll, but hopefully by now he'll be worn down enough to start puking.

In case we need it, my next initiative will be 23.
And naturally if the guy is still standing, Al won't want any help with him.

Poor Al,
Dodge: 8d6t5 3
Dodge: 7d6t5 3
Soak vs. 6 S
Soak: 16d6t5 3

So the second one does connect and he get's nausea for -2
His second round ini is Ini round 2: 6+1d6 7

So Al at least can get the next shot in.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3353 on: <12-30-15/1709:11> »
Okay, so he's now at four boxes of stun, right? That's -1.
And the nausea is actually a -4 to all actions (won't last long, but I'll take it for now.

So he's -5 total. 

Maybe I can talk some sense into him.
Won't bother with dice on that - pretty pointless from Al. You can decide if my words penetrate his brain.
Simple action - ready weapon (bar stool)
Simple action - talk a bit

And in case they don't, here are my rolls if he attacks.
Defense
Defense agains idiot mob goon: 16d6t5 4
Soak (seems silly, but look at my luck so far!)
Soak: 15d6t5 8

Then my next action on 13 will be Free Center, Free call shot - vitals, Complex hit him in the head with the bar stool
12 dice with Reach
Hit with bar stool: 12d6t5 5
Limit goes up to 4 with my enhanced accuracy on clubs.
Damage is 6P + hits

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3354 on: <12-31-15/1938:45> »
Happy New Year!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3355 on: <12-31-15/1951:20> »
Happy New Year as well from balmy Alaska.  Almost no snow on the ground in Anchorage after the warm wind and rain of the past two days.  Lots of darkness I can share, though.

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3356 on: <01-01-16/0045:32> »
And from New York City!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3357 on: <01-01-16/0638:08> »
*shhh* not so loud...
Happy New Year afternoon from Bavaria.
It's entirely to bright outside... ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3358 on: <01-01-16/1557:57> »
I have been following the TB posts and like that you guys are continuing the IC thread.  I like the way the story is developing.  Kudos to you both.  I hope that I can maintain as high a level of writing.

adamu

« Reply #3359 on: <01-01-16/1613:54> »
Well, I've been reading the Calista/Robyn thing.
I don't think you have to worry about lagging behind anyone in the writing department.