NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3300 on: <12-23-15/0544:42> »
@Mercy - you are most welcome here!

Have heard good things, and will check out Lysander on OP tonight!

Are there other games with Lysander I could look at to get a sense of the character in action?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3301 on: <12-23-15/0833:37> »
@TB - Yes, if Aria is fine with it, I'll FF Bent to the present situation (post-submarine).

@Aria - No problem, thanks. I think I'll roll with Jackhammer for now. I haven't gotten as much backstory done on Achilles as I'd have liked, and I'm assuming there are story reasons to keep Jackhammer involved. Not that I have any problem switching to Achilles, but now just doesn't feel like a good time to me.
Bent made it back from the sub!

Your last IC post in CoP was quite emphatic about not re-joining the group but I'm happy either way!  This will be a new run with some familiar faces but there's no real need to continue with the same PC if you don't want to!  Torrent would be equally happy to bring either runner on to the job!
@Cop -

@Aria - so I plan to do a fluff post or two of Al making his way over to Oxford in any case.

The question is, how do you want to handle the time between this and the next game in game terms?

Do we get an Edge/Condition Monitor reset?
Or shall I get into all the various healing rolls, etc?

How much game-world time will we have?
Since Al's 100,000K place was burned down, is enough time going to pass that I should go about re-establishing a lifestyle, or will it be soon enough he can hobo around sleeping in his (surviving) car?

How about rewards? I know we don't get "paid" for the run, but how about booty? Al still has a Toyota Elite, and as stated earlier, he intends to sterilize and either use or, more likely in his current situation, sell it. Is that cool, and if so shall I use the RAW fencing mechanics?
Feel free to continue posting in the CoP IC for as long as you want!  I'm writing an epilogue now which should be posted either today or tomorrow but again, that doesn't have to end the thread!

The gap to the next run will be about a month, consider it a full edge and condition monitor re-set (no point dragging injured runners out of their sick beds!)

Did you have your place ensured!?  As the burning down was technically self-inflicted I'm not going to dole out a replacement, you should have plenty of resources for the lifestyle of your choice!  But presumably some of the cost was for ongoing rent payments which could be applied to a new pad!  Keep or sell the car, fence it for 25-50% of base cost (pick a nice number!) or dig out the RAW if you prefer!
@Mercy - you are most welcome here!

Have heard good things, and will check out Lysander on OP tonight!

Are there other games with Lysander I could look at to get a sense of the character in action?
Indeed you are!  Lysander is brand spanking new for 2075/6 but Mercy is writing some great IC on Jayde Moon's Shaking Down Shadows campaign!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3302 on: <12-23-15/1002:05> »
Did you have your place ensured!?  As the burning down was technically self-inflicted I'm not going to dole out a replacement, you should have plenty of resources for the lifestyle of your choice!  But presumably some of the cost was for ongoing rent payments which could be applied to a new pad!  Keep or sell the car, fence it for 25-50% of base cost (pick a nice number!) or dig out the RAW if you prefer!

Insured? You asked me that before, but I thought you were joking. Sorry - not really every thought about building cover for a shadowrunner! Cool idea though!
The 100K was for the boat and ground vehicle facilities. The + was for vehicle and other gear lost.
And I'd hardly call it self-inflicted. More like gilga-inflicted!
But it wasn't a bad call, and I'm happy to take my lumps.
Don't mean to whine, and don't expect a replacement - only mentioned it in context of your reward system - point being that if material possessions can be lost, then booty perhaps can be gained!
So yeah, I'll get the car fenced per your instructions, and also set up new digs, if we'll have a month of downtime, and yes, apply upfront lifestyle payments to the new place as appropriate.

And I think we definitely have a few denouement posts planned for Oxford...

Merry Christmas, by the way, in case we don't hear from you tomorrow!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3303 on: <12-23-15/1056:44> »
Happy Christmas to you all too...

IC up, Adamu can enjoy feeling a bit smug... He called it, more or less!

adamu

« Reply #3304 on: <12-23-15/1107:47> »
Happy Christmas to you all too...

IC up, Adamu can enjoy feeling a bit smug... He called it, more or less!

More genuinely happy than smug.
Perhaps it shows how much of a nerd I am (or what a good game this was), but I was really emotionally invested in that outcome.

So it turns out that gorilla-spider was wrong and Dog was right. (Also as it should be.)

The big problem now is that Al doesn't know that yet...next chat with eTher or Silk should be fun times!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3305 on: <12-23-15/1128:10> »
Looking forward to it! Neither are likely to be in CoF (in theory) so I'll leave it to the runners to initiate contact if you want to... Can be in the CoP thread, or the general IC over on DS, whichever works best for you!

adamu

« Reply #3306 on: <12-23-15/1206:29> »
Well, it's Silk he has the real problem with, and that'll have to happen if we're going to do that other project we've been talking about!

So many SR projects - so little time!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3307 on: <12-24-15/0517:48> »
From me too, a merry Christmas. I wish you all the best and a bit of time for yourself.

OP I'm very happy to read that the family survived - Isaint might realize much later that there was something fishy about only William surviving, but at the moment he is emotionally drained and thinks very bad things about himself and eTher ;)

Let's see what faith has in store for us next ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3308 on: <12-24-15/0948:46> »
Perhaps a visit to a cute blind decker?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3309 on: <12-25-15/0346:24> »
Hiya, everyone!

I'm your 6th girl for CoF it appears, courtesy of Aria being willing to give me a shake. I'm building a bioengineered operative/assassin/face/dirty tricks kind of character. She more agent than killer, but she's no slouch in a fight. Anyone here familiar with Jacqueline Carey's works will know where I'm going with this as soon as she pops up "in person," though there's some drift for magical cyberpunk awesomeness.

Does anyone know what city CoF is based out of, so I can get cracking on my contacts and lifestyles? I haven't heard if we're still in London. I have inherited my sister's penchant for overexposition in character building and I'm more or less alone this Christmas. Hopefully I can measure up to the fearsome foursome here as well as Mercy's fine writing and Kink's character and worldbuilding.

@Mercy: Because who doesn't love those, really?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3310 on: <12-25-15/0446:13> »
Hello and welcome,

as far as I know we are going to be still in London - at the very least at the start.

Haven't heard of Jacqueline Carey, but I'm sure to check her books out now  ;)
But it sound as if you'll work well together with the Frenchman (Let the shipping begin ;D )

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3311 on: <12-25-15/0529:24> »
I have inherited my sister's penchant for overexposition in character building and I'm more or less alone this Christmas.

So, does that mean you are Mercy's RL sister?

Anyway, welcome welcome!

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #3312 on: <12-25-15/0537:21> »
@Jack_Spade: Try Kushiel's Dart. Its rather...adult, but its also really good historical fiction under a very thin veneer of fantasy. Think french courtesan for a starting point

@Adamu: Actually I'm Kinkerbell's sister. Hopefully my intro will be smoother than hers was.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3313 on: <12-25-15/0609:00> »
Oh.
In that case my sincerest condolences. I'm sorry for your loss.

And thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3314 on: <12-25-15/0641:22> »
@BrickyardBabe

Yes, let me add my deepest condolences to Jack's.

Went straight to wikipedia to check out Carey's work.

Reckon I'll pick up this Dart book next chance I get...