NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3285 on: <12-16-15/0834:52> »
I can live with cinematic!

Anyway, as long as I spend ten initiative on full-D, my defense against suppressive fire is insane high.

So when I get back there, I guess William is in the freezer still...eTher? She around?

Anyone else coming through the kitchen instead of the hole I blew in the wall? Pistol?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3286 on: <12-16-15/0940:24> »
Same here ;D

It's the grenades that are making our live difficult (I guess it's true: What goes around comes around)

Isaint will cover the others retreat, since he has positioned himself deeper down the corridor with his longer reach weapon (Also I have the mental image of him running away from a collapsing building with a dustcloud following close behind ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3287 on: <12-16-15/1143:56> »
I can live with cinematic!

Anyway, as long as I spend ten initiative on full-D, my defense against suppressive fire is insane high.

So when I get back there, I guess William is in the freezer still...eTher? She around?

Anyone else coming through the kitchen instead of the hole I blew in the wall? Pistol?
eTher is in the kitchen, just outside the freezer...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3288 on: <12-16-15/1622:32> »
@CoP

Next Combat Turn declarations.

Initiative is 22.
Drop ten for Full-D - I'll go ahead and spend that, as I would if we weren't in cinematic mode.

First pass - swapping two Simple for two Free
Free - transmit phrase.
Free - call it speak phrase or call it use simple object - speaking the trigger phrase for the wall breach
Free - Run to the freezer - don't know the exact distances, but I stated way back that Al's position was next to the doors leading to the back where the freezer is, so reckon I can make it with a run.
Free - Speak to eTher - just telling her to get the kid out of the freezer and we're going out the back. Will put in my next IC post after other have a chance to post.

Second pass - cross that bridge when we get to it!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3289 on: <12-20-15/0502:35> »
@Tribal Beats

Before this turns completely into the Al&Thorn show, who else of the remaining cast wants to come to the Red Velvet. I'd love to integrate them into the conversation and learn more about them and their story IP.
(I notice we have again started to rev up the pace, I'll try to restrain myself and leave a few days between answers)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3290 on: <12-21-15/0801:22> »
@All:

I have some sad news to give out, I found out this weekend that the firebrand we knew as Kinkerbell died following a car accident in November.  I know people didn't always see eye to eye with her but she was a pleasure to roleplay with and she will be missed!  I may add a salutation to the OP site which she helped so much to build, and thoughts or suggestions welcome!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3291 on: <12-21-15/0810:39> »
@CoP: we are nearly there now, thank you very much to those that stuck with it!  I would like to assume that the remaining four of you will carry on with the sequel (Call of Fate) which I am going to get going in January... I've already recruited a player from another game (Mercy Merchant) and will open it up to one or two more from the boards.  Just want to get a feel for it before I start penning the recruitment thread.

@Pistolgrip: will you want to play Achilles?  I've loved the stuff you've put up on DS for his back story!  I'm going to 'delete' the Sum to 10 version of him from the OP page and stick it under the 'GM secret' bit of the main version so we don't have clutter, just in case you wonder where it's gone!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3292 on: <12-21-15/0829:55> »
@All:

I have some sad news to give out, I found out this weekend that the firebrand we knew as Kinkerbell died following a car accident in November.  I know people didn't always see eye to eye with her but she was a pleasure to roleplay with and she will be missed!  I may add a salutation to the OP site which she helped so much to build, and thoughts or suggestions welcome!

Oh.  :(
Yes, please do so.

Edit:
@CoF
Great, I'm looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: <12-21-15/0834:31> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3293 on: <12-21-15/1601:45> »
@All:

That is very sad to me. She was indeed that great and rare combination of skilled roll - player and talented role-player. Sadly, as is so much the case on these boards, that is the only sense in which I was briefly acquainted with her, so I  salute what I  knew.  The OP commemoration is a great idea - hopefully with an open post space for people to sign.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3294 on: <12-22-15/1250:19> »
Man, I guess you really just never know what tomorrow holds.

@CoP - Sorry, been meaning to get a post up, but while out of state for the holidays, my kid has been especially interested in my computer, which precludes me from using it.

@TB - Yes, if Aria is fine with it, I'll FF Bent to the present situation (post-submarine).

@Aria - No problem, thanks. I think I'll roll with Jackhammer for now. I haven't gotten as much backstory done on Achilles as I'd have liked, and I'm assuming there are story reasons to keep Jackhammer involved. Not that I have any problem switching to Achilles, but now just doesn't feel like a good time to me.

adamu

« Reply #3295 on: <12-22-15/1723:36> »
@Cop -

@Aria - so I plan to do a fluff post or two of Al making his way over to Oxford in any case.

The question is, how do you want to handle the time between this and the next game in game terms?

Do we get an Edge/Condition Monitor reset?
Or shall I get into all the various healing rolls, etc?

How much game-world time will we have?
Since Al's 100,000K place was burned down, is enough time going to pass that I should go about re-establishing a lifestyle, or will it be soon enough he can hobo around sleeping in his (surviving) car?

How about rewards? I know we don't get "paid" for the run, but how about booty? Al still has a Toyota Elite, and as stated earlier, he intends to sterilize and either use or, more likely in his current situation, sell it. Is that cool, and if so shall I use the RAW fencing mechanics?

@Obi - for my "getting to Oxford" post, can I confirm whether you took Isaint up on the bike loan?

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3296 on: <12-22-15/1734:09> »
@Al - Definitely taking the Bike: The walking trek to Oxford in his Berwick suit was not something he would have been looking forward to. the Frenchman will stick with what he knows: driving!
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #3297 on: <12-22-15/1738:30> »
Well, I think he's going to stow away on a farm truck at some point.

But that might now work real well with the Berwick suit either!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3298 on: <12-23-15/0001:15> »
I am not sure if this is a good place to put my 2 nuyen in, so please tell me to pound sand if I should be somewhere else.

I really look forward to doing the next run with the four of you.  I have read the COP story a couple of times and parts of it several times.  I am trying to get the flavor of the four of you and I have to say I am uber impressed.  I am not sure that my A-game is good enough, but I will certainly try.  IF you guy let me into your group, you can count on a couple of things: I will stay in for the long haul and I will do my very best to keep up the good RP.  I have my character up on the Obsidian Portal site so please take a look at Robyn Lysander and give me your impressions.  She is not the same combat monster you guys are, but she does have a good skillset to bring to the table.

Again, I am so glad I was asked to join you guys.  Looking forward to the run and to hearing any good constructive criticism of the character design.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3299 on: <12-23-15/0249:37> »
Bah, don't sweat it. It's all about collaboration to make the story. You'll do just fine. Welcome aboard  :D
talk think matrix