NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3270 on: <12-09-15/1521:01> »
@CoP: Ok folks, I want to keep this last combat fairly cinematic without getting too bogged down in endless rolls and counting initiatives...that's not to say I intend to diddle you out of actions but let's try and keep it as free flowing as we can do. 

They are using combined suppressive fire and targeted shots (the benefit of numbers) homing in on where your fire came from.  They are probably then pretty much hosed as they will have to advance from behind cover, but there's still a chance for their shock and awe to do something!  I'm tempted to go and dig out the rules from War! about being under fire...it should be made clear that you runners haven't come across this kind of military assault very often (or ever!), this is coordinated death dealing on a grand scale!

Because I don't think it has been explicitly stated I'm assuming (from their PoV) that the runner spread goes Isaint, Frenchman, Jackhammer (near the cafe) then Al.  There are three wrecked cars with at least three soldiers behind each.  Only 3 of them are in full milspec gear however, the grenadiers with the alphas and one behind the central car, the rest are in sec armour.  Hopefully that gives you an overview of where I thiink everyone is but please shout if this is wrong or you need more intel about the foe (that you can get from visual observation anyway)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3271 on: <12-09-15/1653:21> »
Cool cool cool.

So I get the cinematic and not too many die rolls - does that mean we should just IC enduring all this shock and awe coming from their side on this turn? I am happy to do that - sounds like a fun post!

Or do you want additional rolls based on what you've described?
In that case, I've already put up Al's ranged defense rolls, though they are probably needed if enemy's small arms fire is all suppressive.
But if we are doing rolls and it does indeed look like a grenade is coming over my counter, then as previously stated I've saved enough initiative for Run for Your Life interrupt to take me an additional six meters from wherever the thing lands.
And if doing that puts me into the Suppressive fire.

So just let me know - cinematic IC now, or rolls. If the latter, I'll need the post scatter distance + my six meters to do my soak. And let me know whether that necessitates the defemse against suppressive fire.

All good whichever way you want to go!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3272 on: <12-09-15/1707:37> »
Cinematic for this first round at least, just bear in mind grenades and suppression fire...and don't forget the oh f#ck what have we got ourselves into stuff too! Feel free to make composure tests, for RP rather than rules effects...

adamu

« Reply #3273 on: <12-09-15/1822:08> »
Cool - for RP rather than rules - e.g. just how bad Al suffers in the upcoming IC post, Composure test - Compusure test for RP purposes with wound mod: 5d6t5 1

Well, one hit no set threshold in the rules - not wilting I guess, but pretty bad.

Wouldn't be fun to write otherwise!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3274 on: <12-11-15/0819:33> »
@TB: I want to apologise for the lack of oomph I've been putting in to this IC thread...I've shot myself in the foot a bit by splitting you, player loss being the big issue.  I will probably consider time jumping you back to the Tribe for a hero's welcome and then starting something fresh for you (unless anyone really objects and wants to plough on?!?).  It will probably be more 'run orientated' rather than the snapshot scenes I'd originally envisaged...but I would also like to explore more character motivation stuff so if there's anything you'd like to investigate please PM me or mention it here.

Tribes is one game where it would be great to just explore 'life' without the need for constant combat encounters but I'm beginning to see that it isn't easy to run a pbp game like that...with PC buy-in it could be done but it might not be everyone's cup of tea?!?

Depending on responses I may pause TB in Jan in favour of a one-shot 'adventure' and then pick it up again as background to a more traditional 'run' after that.

adamu

« Reply #3275 on: <12-11-15/0957:00> »
@TB:

Tribes is one game where it would be great to just explore 'life' without the need for constant combat encounters but I'm beginning to see that it isn't easy to run a pbp game like that...with PC buy-in it could be done but it might not be everyone's cup of tea?!?

I would be totally up for that style of play.
Heck, i've already laid out way too much money for a vehicle facility on my place there, and with the Rigger book finally maybe soonly sort of about to come out, I can FINALLY have Al start building some of his dream rides.
Heck, the combat to combat thing is precisely what gets in his way of doing that.
But scavenger forays for parts, recruiting software people from Freedom for my onboard electronics, stuff like that...

And if a few other players also had their own personal projects going on to provide some structure to underlie day-to-day stuff around the compound.

Then we'd need a good stock of NPCs - could come from GM or players and be put up on OP...

And from the GM we could still have some mini-mini things - local or internal problems that take only 3-5 post cycles to resolve, or longer if they are RP-heavy....

Just thinking out loud.

But put my 2-cents behind the game's original intention!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3276 on: <12-11-15/1048:51> »
@TB
I'm totally game for that. Thorn was actually meant for that kind of play, since he already has a job that he likes and a commute through half the city.

Beside that I'm also totally in for inplay talk and drink.

So fast forward as you like :D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3277 on: <12-11-15/1227:59> »
There's a section on the OP site for the urban tribes which is rather sparse...feel free to add contact details there for the various 'personalities' - they don't need to be as detailed as a full contact write-up, a few lines of flavour will suffice.  I'm sure there's a list of established NPCs somewhere which I'll dig out, but there's scope for many more.

Adding data to OP counts towards rewards so there's a carrot there :D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3278 on: <12-11-15/1927:31> »
To keep things fair and reward posting, TB will revert back to the 'normal' system of 1 karma and 2000 nuyen per 2 IC posts... Enjoy!

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3279 on: <12-11-15/1958:58> »
@Aria, TB - Hmm, that's interesting. I'd certainly be up for giving it a shot. Though if it's all the same to you, I'm not sure I want to play a gun adept for that style. If you want to change up the style, I might write an exit for Bent. Then, if I think it's something I can do, I can write an entrance for someone a little less combat-oriented.
As for the reward system, I didn't have a particular issue with it. I like the averaging system, but I'm also not the most frequent poster.

@CoP - I'll get a post up sometime this weekend. I've been meaning to get to it, but I've been prepping for the holidays like they're the apocalypse.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3280 on: <12-11-15/2122:56> »
I was in the one thread and then there was a lapse of inactivity followed by a funeral out of state for me which lead to me not checking on things for several weeks... by the time I was in the proper frame of mind to get back to the thread the inactivity had stopped and the thread was way beyond where I had left off.

This is a response to the no oomph apology actually...

I guess the main point is, life happens... your running a particularly ambitious project with the multiple interlapping threads so sometimes a little less oomph, sometimes extra oomph... it's all good as long as everyone is enjoying themselves
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

adamu

« Reply #3281 on: <12-12-15/1637:40> »
To keep things fair and reward posting, TB will revert back to the 'normal' system of 1 karma and 2000 nuyen per 2 IC posts... Enjoy!

Okay, so for the record, previous rewards were based on posting up through Post 171. Everything after that was a remainder meant to be carried over to next month - so I would imagine those posts can be applied to your own individual counts now....

adamu

« Reply #3282 on: <12-12-15/1725:14> »
@Tribal Beats

Okay, looks like Al and Thorn are headed for the bar/bordello Thorn works at.

I imagine a lot of RP chat, but who knows what else might happen...

Naturally any other players in this game welcome to come along!

Rather than wait to post on things that may or may not happen, I plan to just leave my posts vague for a while as to how many people come along. That way everyone can just post freely at any time.

adamu

« Reply #3283 on: <12-16-15/0548:05> »
@CoP

IC up.

But work and dice/rules don't really mix - I'll get initiative and game terms actions for coming turn up tonight.
Don't think I ICed anything too ambitious.

Aria - shall I assume I need some defense rolls vs. suppressive fire to get into the kitchen area where the gig freezer is?
If so I get a bonus from Isaint's nifty flashpak?
And is that one blanket defense roll, or multiple?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3284 on: <12-16-15/0820:18> »
This scene seems to be working out fine on 'cinematic mode' so I leave it to you whether you want to roll ducking under all that fire, buy hits, or simple make a judgement call IC.  As I said, they aren't really targeting you lot rather than the building you are in (psychos!)... we are sooo nearly there now I don't want to bog down again in rolls and counter rolls.  That's not to say you should get everything your own way but as long as you are out of the building when the sky falls in then I suspect you will all survive (probably not unscathed as that would be unrealistic), but without missing anything vital like limbs!