NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3240 on: <11-26-15/1611:03> »
Well, you're sorta convincing me, especially since you're the GM, imbued with great and true knowledge of the universe!

Now eTher's got to convince Al.
Well she's made a start...the Voice in your heads gives you a clearer insight into her feelings/mood/mind (whatever) than words might...then again she's a dragon, so perhaps she can manipulate her mental voice...and Isaint certainly isn't likely to be minded to trust a dragon.   She survived a rocket attack and demonstrated what she could do to one of those armoured troopers, do you want to piss her off?  Then again, can she survive you lot?!? ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3241 on: <11-26-15/1619:23> »
If the advise is sound it doesn't matter where it comes from. Isaint is primarily interested in keeping William safe. Getting to a more defensible position is definitely part of his agenda  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3242 on: <11-26-15/1834:43> »
Well, you're sorta convincing me, especially since you're the GM, imbued with great and true knowledge of the universe!

Now eTher's got to convince Al.
Well she's made a start...the Voice in your heads gives you a clearer insight into her feelings/mood/mind (whatever) than words might...then again she's a dragon, so perhaps she can manipulate her mental voice...and Isaint certainly isn't likely to be minded to trust a dragon.   She survived a rocket attack and demonstrated what she could do to one of those armoured troopers, do you want to piss her off?  Then again, can she survive you lot?!? ;D

Man, I don't want to fight her. Yeah, half of Al thinks Silk's a sell-out, but the worst he thinks of eTher is that she's impotent and incompetent.
She wants to stick with us, no worries.

And whether we wait around or take off, first step either way is into the building...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3243 on: <11-30-15/1734:17> »
I think it might be 'one of those weeks' again so to keep you all going (if you want to post IC):

CoP: feel free to 'explore' the services. You have about a minute before they come in!

TB: border: you can head back home (to a modest heroes welcome) or watch the rather one sided fight

Sub: it's gone quiet here but there is at least one more boarding party somewhere...plus Fox has matrix shenanigans to do...

adamu

« Reply #3244 on: <12-01-15/1652:29> »
@Jack - here's those teamwork dice you asked for on your tactics roll.

Teamwork on Isaint's tactics thing: 5d6t5 2

Hope that helps.

@Aria - eTher said she wanted to stick with William - should we assume she went with him and Jackhammer into the freezer?

adamu

« Reply #3245 on: <12-01-15/1714:26> »
Payday post brought forward with this month's update.

@Tribal Beats

Have edited this whole post in line with corrections from Aria - basic award still the same, though.

August karma

9 players have made a total of 55 IC posts.

So that is 3 karma and Y6,000 each.

Will apply the remainder of 1 post to the September total.

I'll be posting future-month rewards here, and Aria is going to link this to page one of the OOC.

September Payday

Again 3 karma and Y6,000 for each person.

And again there is a remainder that I'll apply to next month.

October Payday

Everyone still in the game gets 2 karma and Y4,000.

November Payday

Everyone that made any IC posts in November gets 2 karma and Y4,000.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3246 on: <12-02-15/0344:36> »
Teamwork SUT (Al): 2d6t5 1[2d6t5=1, 5]

Great. Just one more and we'll enjoy +3 to our attack tests. ;D
talk think matrix

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3247 on: <12-02-15/1153:33> »
I'm busy, but not too busy to tell you how you're doing it wrong.
Small Unit Tactics 2 [8d6t5=3, 6, 1, 3, 5, 3, 4, 3]

adamu

« Reply #3248 on: <12-02-15/1637:48> »
@CoP
Yeah, Al's still got all the stuff he used to prep the exit breach back at the hotel.

Those rules will take me half an hour to sift through again, so I'll just rely on my calculations from that scene (quoted below) - same effect - one meter breach if it's a meter of structural materal - since I'm pretty sure it's not, the hole should be easily big enough for us to run right through.

Also just buy successes on Industrial Mechanic to be sure about the spot being an exterior wall, with nothing load-bearing that will be affected.

And since our side controls the airwaves right now, I'll use a radio detonator.

Next - damn, those breaching charge rules are making my head hurt.
Without bothering people with all the math, I am pretty sure that if Al places three meters of high-yield det cord on the floor using demolitions skill, and I just buy successes (which would be 2 based on 9 dice), then it will be more than enough to punch a one meter hole in the floor even if it is a meter-thick of structural material and the barrier gets a very good roll on its soak.
The charge should (by my reading of the vague rules) be directional

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3249 on: <12-02-15/1657:35> »
@pistolgrip

Thanks, I appreciate the effort  ;D
Teamwork SUT reroll: 2d6t5 1 [2d6t5=3, 5]

And once again, Teamwork proves to be invaluable. Gentleman, enjoy your +3 dice for your opening salvo.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3250 on: <12-02-15/1711:19> »
Teamwork makes the dream work!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3251 on: <12-03-15/0220:17> »
And if you lot can do it, expect them to do so too (must go and reread R&G :P)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3252 on: <12-03-15/0238:48> »
Of course. I expect nothing less. You can even try to counter my maneuver by getting more hits on your roll, to turn it into a malus. (Same of course for us) ;)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3253 on: <12-03-15/1619:49> »
@CoP: I did have a better IC post for you but the damn computer ate it  >:(  ah well, this will have to do...

The majority of the foe are still in the front, but there is evidence that there are snipers watching the back, there's even a sniper and spotter where Isaint set up originally.  They appear to be unaware of the incoming Knights, perhaps they think you hacked their comms...you can probably discount those outside after the initial breech...but yes, that is going to happen before the cavalry arrives to save your bacon (or arrest you perhaps, or just shoot you as loose ends, who knows with these corp types?!?)

adamu

« Reply #3254 on: <12-03-15/1904:46> »
@Jack- what happened to that bundle of flash bangs you were working on? Where is that right now?

And the car you jacked - is that right out the back past the kitchen where William is hidden?

Just trying to get on the same page, thin out that fog of war as best I can before we enter a storm of electronic dice rolling!!!