• Prime Runner
« Reply #3210 on: <11-19-15/1310:26> »
Tribal Beats:

Ini 1: 12+2d6 19
Jiao Di Charge against the boy with the AK
AGI 5 + Skill 8 + Charge 2
Jiao Di Charge: 15d6t5 5 [15d6t5=5, 4, 2, 5, 3, 2, 3, 4, 2, 5, 6, 3, 3, 3, 6]

10 P + Successes

If the opponent is still conscious he now has -3 to attack with his rifle thanks to being in melee.

Remaining Ini is spent on going Pre-Emptive Dodge and Full Defense interrupt

« Last Edit: <11-19-15/1539:33> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3211 on: <11-19-15/1537:59> »
[spoiler]
Ini 1: 12+2d6 19
Jiao Di Charge against the boy with the AK
AGI 5 + Skill 8 + Charge 2
Jiao Di Charge: 15d6t5 5 [15d6t5=5, 4, 2, 5, 3, 2, 3, 4, 2, 5, 6, 3, 3, 3, 6]

10 P + Successes

If the opponent is still conscious he now has -3 to attack with his rifle thanks to being in melee.

Remaining Ini is spent on going Pre-Emptive Dodge and Full Defense interrupt

[/spoiler]

Thorn didn't hesitate, despite still carrying the Tomahawk he instead charged the guy who might be the leader of the gang intending to ram him his fists into his his rotten teeth, followed by a quick roll over the shoulder and some zig-zagging to avoid any gun fire aimed at him.

Jack - I think you meant to post this on the Tribal Beats thread!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3212 on: <11-19-15/1540:05> »
Oh yeah, thanks. To many open tabs.  ::)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3213 on: <11-19-15/1842:48> »
@CoP -

Looks like Jack's moving on to the next combat turn...

@Aria - In 4/3, Al next gets his turn on Initiative 2.

Basically, my plan was to hold some initative beats in reserve in case I need a Run for Your Life interrupt, in case they lob grenades at out position.
So if they do make an attack on Al's position besides suppressive fire in 4/3, that's what I'll do.

But if they don't by the time we get down to 2, I'll actually delay down to 1, and if still not getting blown up I'll take my action:
My position is a bit forward of the rest of the team and the line between the van and the entrance, allowing me to look back at them without exposing myself.
Free Action is Adept Centering.
Will then use one Simple action to make a Perception test, trying to spot William and get as good an idea as I can of where everyone is.
Then a Simple action to stand up (that takes a roll since I have a wound - ouch) - but by that I mean be Unprone - will still be hunkered down fully behind the concrete rubbish bin.

Now, before I make those rolls, the rules say in the suppressive fire zone I have a negative mod equal to their successes. But it also says if I am in full cover I am safe from getting hit.
Not sure if that means the negative mod applies to me or not.

But if it does, my Centering will cancel out my wound and then four more, so I am going to roll without mods. If the negative is higher, let me know.
Also, the Centering applies to Combat and Physical skills (so it applies to the Perception for sure). Not sure if you would count the Stand Up thing as coming under this, since it's an Attribute test.
So since I also don't know if the Suppressive Fire even gives me a mod (see above), I am just going to make that roll too - absolutely let me know if based on your rulings it fails.

Perception to spot William, rest of team's positions: 7d6t5 2

Going Unprone behind the rubbish bin: 7d6t5 6
Sweet - probably get up mods or not.

Okay - lot of ifs and assumptions again - won't IC until GM gives okay or moves us forward.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3214 on: <11-19-15/1924:03> »
I'll just keep moving into the building and look for some kind of defensible position. Ideally something with sturdy walls and limited points of entry, but not small enough for chunky salsa. That's still a thing in 5e, right?

adamu

« Reply #3215 on: <11-20-15/0523:49> »
I'll just keep moving into the building and look for some kind of defensible position. Ideally something with sturdy walls and limited points of entry, but not small enough for chunky salsa. That's still a thing in 5e, right?

Pistol - you've still got William with you, right?

(just want to confirm, since it was in your earlier IC, but there was no mention of him in Aria's last IC - makes me nervous.)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3216 on: <11-20-15/0825:57> »
@CoP:

Could you all clarify where you think you are (more or less)... as far as I can tell we have Al and Frenchman (and eTher) outside in a wide ish spread... Jackhammer (and William) making it inside the building, Isaint taking up a sniper position again...inside the services building?  That's the one I'm haziest on!  The foe are trying to keep you pinned while the other half of them reload and get ready to assault your new positions...they seem to have a burning desire to make you dead!  Can't think why?!?  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3217 on: <11-20-15/0847:36> »
Maybe because we've made so many of them dead?

I'm just hoping that at some point in our killing them their desire to make us dead will be overridden by their own desires to stay alive!

Because even shadowrunners can dream!

Anyway, that summary of our positions matches my impression of things so far (not to speak for anyone else).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3218 on: <11-20-15/0858:43> »
Short run down of what Isaint did/does:

Round 1: rockets/Drones
Round 2: Shoot Drones/Soldiers, get shot at with grenade,
Round 3: change position/ Shoot some more Drones
Round 4: Shoot soldiers/shoot drone/have Agent Cluster hack a car/get shot from Soldiers/ change position
Round 5: shoot Roadmaster/run into the service building
Round 6: Take suppressor from backpack/reload/ declare intention to go back into sniper position

So to be clear, Isaint rests at the moment (round 6) against a concrete column. He is not yet visible or engaged in combat.

Wow, that's actually one of the longest conflicts I've ever played in SR. I mean we've been fighting now for a whole 18 seconds!!!  ;)
« Last Edit: <11-20-15/0919:37> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3219 on: <11-20-15/1050:17> »
@Adamu, CoP - That's right, I've got William. I won't be able to use my bow (or perhaps even dodge properly) while I have him though. I'll need to set him down somewhere.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3220 on: <11-23-15/1230:59> »
Short run down of what Isaint did/does:
[spoiler]
Round 1: rockets/Drones
Round 2: Shoot Drones/Soldiers, get shot at with grenade, Round 3: change position/ Shoot some more Drones Round 4: Shoot soldiers/shoot drone/have Agent Cluster hack a car/get shot from Soldiers/ change position Round 5: shoot Roadmaster/run into the service building Round 6: Take suppressor from backpack/reload/ declare intention to go back into sniper position[/spoiler]

So to be clear, Isaint rests at the moment (round 6) against a concrete column. He is not yet visible or engaged in combat.

Wow, that's actually one of the longest conflicts I've ever played in SR. I mean we've been fighting now for a whole 18 seconds!!!  ;)
;D  We're not done yet!

Ok, so to clarify in the brief 3s pause while they reload, reposition etc and you lot do the same... they still outnumber you by around 2:1 (and out armour/gun/equip you...skill levels are comparable...pig headedness probably a little less :D) and don't seem too worried about their loss of vehicles/drones.  They are being inconvenienced by the Knights of Rage hackers but will go wifi dark in round 6 and press forwards through the civilian 'cover' to get at you.   

We can continue to slug it out round by round (and in a pure numbers game you should eventually loose) or take this opportunity to break for the hills?  eTher has given you a time frame for the police special forces and the Knights arrival of 3-5 mins (short in real time, an eternity in 3 second intervals!)...

In RL terms it would be quite good to round off CoP before the holiday and start the sequel in Jan so I neither want to finish too soon nor too late (ah the wonderful juggling a GM has to do :P), but I want to get a feel for how you guys want to play this...it's meant to be an epic finale after all, not some sloping off into the night!  So, fight to the bitter end?  Hide in the cleaner's cupboard?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3221 on: <11-23-15/1439:21> »
Ideally, we do delay them just long enough for the team to get into the new transport so we can get the hell out of dodge (that's why I used my shot last round to disable the roadmaster instead of shooting at the soldiers)

I'd use the next round to tape three flashbangs together and leave that as a trap to the advancing enemy, 20S AP 6 should give them pause - hopefully long enough to enable our escape.
« Last Edit: <11-24-15/0339:03> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3222 on: <11-23-15/1539:24> »
Yeah - way I see it, we've been TRYING to just get away from this scene for the past few turns.

Everything since the limo has been about that. Heck, that's why there are still so many left - French, Al, and Jack have been mostly running instead of fighting.

Thing is, don't see much point in running until we can break their LOS, or they'll just track us somehow.

But now that (1) we are almost into the food court, then between (2) Isaint's booby trap on their path of approach and Al's in the van that I assume they'll check out, and (3) they lose their tacnet when they are forced to go dark, and (5) with their last ride disabled, I think the pieces are in place for a straight (TLG-style?) narrative of us getting out.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3223 on: <11-24-15/1302:33> »
Guys, sorry for my lack of posts, was at a week long event, that left me almost no time to do anything.

I agree the main consensus is to get the hell out of here, as long as we can get William to survive. I know we'd all die rather than him.

The Frenchman's willing to put himself in the line of fire to allow anyone to escape. But I feel so would anyone else.
I agree with Breaking LOS as the decisive factor to our escape.

Here is what I can offer based on the plan B I proposed earlier: Al covers Frenchman while he dashes to the getaway car, or vice-versa. Then we all meet on the back, as going through the food court will hide us for a short time.
Of course we are ignoring one major point: there's a freaking baby dragon with us!
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3224 on: <11-24-15/1334:55> »
The baby dragon can take care of himself  ;D

But yes: regroup, divert attention, get away with William.
talk think matrix