NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #3075 on: <10-23-15/0346:02> »
@Obi - love the IC music link! Way cool!

Now let's act as cool :)
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #3076 on: <10-23-15/0709:48> »
@Obi - love the IC music link! Way cool!

Now let's act as cool :)

Dude - how could we not?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3077 on: <10-23-15/0822:26> »
@CoP:

Actions
1/1
2x Missile fire
Isaint knocks one missile off course
Jackhammer misses 2nd
Al shoos Spike out and starts driving

1/2
Missile 2 hits the limo despite follow car's efforts
1 x Missile fire, 1 x FA burst on Isaint's position
Isaint shoots missile
Jackhammer misses drone (you need a range finder or vision mag or something for shots like this!!! or edge it?)
Car moves towards limo
Lorry moves towards Al's van
Al rams the lorry, takes 3 stun, driver unconscious, vehicle takes 8 damage, autopilot cruises it to a stop…passengers?!?

1/3
1 x Missile fire, 1 x FA burst on Isaint's position (still need to evade this one, although I suspect you will!)
Isaint shoots drone out of the sky
2 soldiers emerge from the lorry, L Milspec armour…sound familiar???  By RAW they've taken no damage from the ram but they look shaken (as far as you can tell behind the faceless helmets!)
Al’s van…please resist damage from FN HAR [A5(7), 10P, -6AP, SA/BF/FA, R2] 6 hits &
Auto-Assault 16 [A4(6), 15P, –2AP, SA/BF/FA, R2(8)] 5 hits!!!

2/1

[spoiler]
Shooting down missiles…hmmm, can’t seem to find an appropriate rule so I’ll fall back on the thresholds table:

FA or airburst weapons: hard (4)
BF weapons: v hard (6)
Single shot weapons: e hard (8)
[/spoiler]
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3078 on: <10-23-15/0838:00> »
As for Achilles, well, he was a creation inspired by Al. The thought of having a consistent character struck me as novel, and kind of cool. You always get to keep developing this one personality instead of manufacturing new ones all the time. So I set out to first-draft that sort of character. Achilles is what I came up with. I thought I'd stash him on Obsidian Portal. Maybe review/tweak him when the fancy strikes. Eventually, in one game or another, play him.
Great!  If you want to get to Al's illustrious status you'll need to work hard :D  Looking forward to it!  Over on DS I have a 'general IC thread' that is mostly filled with Al's story but you'd be very welcome to post there...or I could create a similar IC thread here for you perhaps (although DS does have the post count function which helps a great deal!!!).  Not studied him so I don't know if you used sum to 10 normal runner build???  Sure one of my upcoming games will be suitable!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3079 on: <10-23-15/0950:44> »
[...]

If it's the former I'll go on full defense:

Dodge (Full Defense): 21d6t5 6 [21d6t5=1, 5, 4, 3, 4, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1, 3, 6, 6, 5, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3] with -9 to dodge I only have 5 successes

@Aria
Were 5 successes enough to evade?

Next round Ini round 2: 16+4d6 34 adding Adrenalin Boost for 36

Shoot drone # 2: 18d6t5 7 [18d6t5=1, 5, 3, 5, 2, 4, 5, 4, 6, 2, 5, 3, 3, 6, 2, 5, 4, 2]

Assuming the second drone is down too, can I see the milspec guys from my position?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3080 on: <10-23-15/1012:10> »
Have you rolled for both sets of FA fire? Drones beat your initiative on rnd 1! Thought you'd given me one roll vs suppressive fire but might have missed something in the text wall!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3081 on: <10-23-15/1224:18> »
Hi folks... I've got a long weekend coming up so not sure if I'll be able to post any IC for a few days... I will try and answer OoC queries however as and when I can!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3082 on: <10-23-15/1245:53> »
Ah, I didn't realize that both drones shot at me

Dodge drone 2: 11d6t5 5 [11d6t5=5, 2, 6, 1, 1, 2, 5, 6, 1, 4, 5]

Also, can I see the street with the milspec guys from my position?

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3083 on: <10-23-15/1256:24> »
Great!  If you want to get to Al's illustrious status you'll need to work hard :D  Looking forward to it!  Over on DS I have a 'general IC thread' that is mostly filled with Al's story but you'd be very welcome to post there...
Don't I know it. Alright, I'll see what I can do over there. As long as Adamu doesn't mind.

Not studied him so I don't know if you used sum to 10 normal runner build???  Sure one of my upcoming games will be suitable!
I put up a sum-to-14 prime build a la CoP. I also have sum-to-10 versions for both normal and street level, however. But I've never played street level, so I don't know how to make the proper flavor adjustments.

Say Aria, when I first made Jackhammer, I was in kind of a rush, kind of didn't know what I was doing, and I was missing some source material. As a result, he's riddled with errors and inefficiencies. Would it be appropriate to request a rebuild? Nothing too dramatic, mostly things that haven't come up (like shifting around some qualities, 'ware, some adept powers, gear, etc).

adamu

« Reply #3084 on: <10-23-15/1320:02> »
Don't I know it. Alright, I'll see what I can do over there. As long as Adamu doesn't mind.

Dude - what's to mind?
Love to have you around.

The thread is there for any of the campaign's characters to fill in their own stories.

Where is Achilles based? And when will he be active? Maybe we can get up to some mischief together...

Hey one thing, though, I am just in the very last sequence of a story I've been working on in that thread for the past two years.
Could you give me just this weekend to get the rest of it up?
After that, no holds barred!

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3085 on: <10-23-15/1336:12> »
Where is Achilles based? And when will he be active? Maybe we can get up to some mischief together...

Hey one thing, though, I am just in the very last sequence of a story I've been working on in that thread for the past two years.
Could you give me just this weekend to get the rest of it up?
After that, no holds barred!

I'm not in any hurry. I've been doing so many alterations over the past few days it would be madness to introduce him anywhere just yet. I want to let him settle a bit to make sure I like the end result before having him do anything. At present though, he's Russian. But I may make him Scandinavian instead.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3086 on: <10-23-15/1652:59> »
Ah, I didn't realize that both drones shot at me

Dodge drone 2: 11d6t5 5 [11d6t5=5, 2, 6, 1, 1, 2, 5, 6, 1, 4, 5]

Also, can I see the street with the milspec guys from my position?
Missed you, just! Good job I don't edge drones!

Will let you determine your positions...for the price of a Google maps overlay of one of the west bound service stations  ;D Isaint seems to be in charge of tactical placement so seems fair enough!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3087 on: <10-23-15/1654:50> »
Great!  If you want to get to Al's illustrious status you'll need to work hard :D  Looking forward to it!  Over on DS I have a 'general IC thread' that is mostly filled with Al's story but you'd be very welcome to post there...

Not studied him so I don't know if you used sum to 10 normal runner build???  Sure one of my upcoming games will be suitable!
I put up a sum-to-14 prime build a la CoP. I also have sum-to-10 versions for both normal and street level, however. But I've never played street level, so I don't know how to make the proper flavor adjustments.

Say Aria, when I first made Jackhammer, I was in kind of a rush, kind of didn't know what I was doing, and I was missing some source material. As a result, he's riddled with errors and inefficiencies. Would it be appropriate to request a rebuild? Nothing too dramatic, mostly things that haven't come up (like shifting around some qualities, 'ware, some adept powers, gear, etc).
A rebuild would be fine, I know it can be painful when you've missed something vital that fits your character concept!

adamu

« Reply #3088 on: <10-23-15/1714:41> »
@CoP:

1/3

2 soldiers emerge from the lorry, L Milspec armour…sound familiar???  By RAW they've taken no damage from the ram but they look shaken (as far as you can tell behind the faceless helmets!)
Al’s van…please resist damage from FN HAR [A5(7), 10P, -6AP, SA/BF/FA, R2] 6 hits &
Auto-Assault 16 [A4(6), 15P, –2AP, SA/BF/FA, R2(8)] 5 hits!!!

Okay, first attack. Pool for defense test is 9 dice including my wounds. I'm thinking Combat Sense doesn't apply when driving - Please tell me if that's wrong!
So first, defense against the FN HAR
Van evading assault rifle shot: 9d6t5 2
So that leaves his DV14.
Van soaks with 22 dice in this case.
Van soak vs. Assault Rifle: 22d6t5 8
So that means 6 boxes gone out of the van's 20.

Now defense against the Auto Assault.
Van defense vs. shotgun: 9d6t5 2
That leaves the DV at 18.
Van soaks this one with 26 dice.
Van soak vs. shotgun: 26d6t5 10
So 8 more boxes for 14 gone out of 20.

That leaves me mobile, and damage affects Handling but not Speed, so hopefully leaving them further in the dust.
Also hoping that here in a parking lot, it won't take much distance before other cars break LOS on the lower half of the van, where all the engine, tires, axle, etc. are...?
And I don't suppose all that damage caused a bunch of black smoke to pour out the back???
(You can tell I'm getting desperate when I wheedle!)

More importantly -

Obidancer - dude, I notice that you have not used all your actions for the first combat turn.
Mind shooting some of these guys in the face?!?!?!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3089 on: <10-23-15/1716:45> »
No black smoke, that would need to hit the engine...and covering the lower chasis means they'll just have to shoot the passengers driver instead 8)