NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #3060 on: <10-21-15/1215:42> »
Sweet.
And I like the sound of that "Ouch!"

Which is the key to my next action and IC...if it looks like I rolled him over or otherwise clearly disabled the vehicle, we will speed on to the convoy.

If they are just shaken up a bit, we might need to press the advantage and do some more hurting on them before they can recover.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3061 on: <10-21-15/1342:54> »
@Aria

Did I get that right, Isaints second shot was to slow to hit the second rocket before it exploded?

Is the drone using suppressive fire at my general area, or is that a aimed full auto burst?
(I've been looking at the stats in Arsenal 4th ed. Translating that thing to the new rules is a major headache: Two heavy weapon mounts on a BOD 4 craft. Not to mention that the recoil penalty should propell that thing backwards  ;) )

If it's the former I'll go on full defense:

Dodge (Full Defense): 21d6t5 6 [21d6t5=1, 5, 4, 3, 4, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1, 3, 6, 6, 5, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3] with -9 to dodge I only have 5 successes

If it's suppressive fire I'll do a REA+EDG+WIL(Full Defense)
Dodge Suppresive Fire (Full Defense): 19d6t5 5 [19d6t5=1, 4, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 3, 1, 4, 5, 6, 6, 4, 1, 2, 3, 6, 6]

On the flip side I expect that one of the drones is now slack due to 12 P AP -7 +5 successes

@Adamu

Did you already incorporate the -6 AP that every ramming action has into your rolls?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3062 on: <10-21-15/1413:34> »

@Adamu

Did you already incorporate the -6 AP that every ramming action has into your rolls?

No, I didn't, as I do not believe it applies.

Note that there are two separate sets of Vehicle Combat rules, Tactical and Chase. Tactical is for times when there are pedestrians in the mix, Chase if for pure vehicle on vehicle. The two rule sets are very different. The -6 AP you are referring to is for use in the separate Tactical section, and I believe is for hitting pedestrians.
I used the separate Chase rules since this is vehicle on vehicle, and there is no mention of a -6 AP in the resist damage sections there for either vehicles or passengers.

Of couse if GM rules differently I'll happily apply the -6 to my existing rolls (happily, because it will mean -6 on all the bad guys in the truck as well!).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3063 on: <10-21-15/1441:36> »
That's why I mentioned it. Paste those bastards  ;D
talk think matrix

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3064 on: <10-21-15/1733:49> »
If there's one thing Katniss taught me it's that when you're fighting hovercraft you use explosive arrows instead of incendiary.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3065 on: <10-22-15/1540:41> »
@CoP:
Actions I've accounted for (more or less) so far

1/1
2x Missile fire
Isaint knocks one missile off course
Jackhammer misses 2nd
Al shoos Spike out and starts driving

1/2
Missile 2 hits the limo despite follow car's efforts
1 x Missile fire, 1 x FA burst on Isaint's position (it misses him with that FD roll!)
Isaint shoots missile (assuming you are happy for me to spend your edge as you suggested...?  Or you can shoot a drone and 1 more missile will hit!  Lemme know!)
Jackhammer misses drone (you need a range finder or vision mag or something for shots like this!!! or edge it?)
Car moves towards limo
Lorry moves towards Al's van
Al rams the lorry - it doesn't flip or anything that dramatic, not enough room...it's damaged but can still drive...occupants are a tad shaken but not taken out either...I'll explain why in the next IC (but you'll be glad you did ram them!)  But bloody hell!  Ramming is dangerous, who needs a machine gun?!?

[spoiler]
Shooting down missiles…hmmm, can’t seem to find an appropriate rule so I’ll fall back on the thresholds table:

FA or airburst weapons: hard (4)
BF weapons: v hard (6)
Single shot weapons: e hard ( 8 )
[/spoiler]

If there's one thing Katniss taught me it's that when you're fighting hovercraft you use explosive arrows instead of incendiary.
Lol...Jackhammer is having a rough time with successes recently...if you want to 'acquire' a rangefinder or similar it's not too late as I don't think I'll get to an IC tonight...?  Oh, one more thing, who is Achilles over on the OP page?  Have I missed a character name somewhere?  Just me being slow ::)
« Last Edit: <10-22-15/1548:55> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3066 on: <10-22-15/1549:48> »
Aria - thanks for clearing up the timeline.

Looks like Al's out of actions and needs a new initiative...

But still looking for some sense of how bad I damaged the lorry - next actions will depend on the apparent state of it and its occupants.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3067 on: <10-22-15/1555:44> »
Edge spending is fine.

Time to get rid of the drone firing at Isaint:

Ini 5:
Simple action: Aim
SImple action: Short burst Shoot Drone: 18d6t5 7[18d6t5=2, 5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 3, 4, 3, 5, 5, 6, 3, 6, 3, 3, 5, 6]
12 P AP -7 Dodge -2
talk think matrix

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3068 on: <10-22-15/1703:56> »
I totally forgot about vision mag. I have that on my goggles. I guess I know my next action.
As for Achilles, well, he was a creation inspired by Al. The thought of having a consistent character struck me as novel, and kind of cool. You always get to keep developing this one personality instead of manufacturing new ones all the time. So I set out to first-draft that sort of character. Achilles is what I came up with. I thought I'd stash him on Obsidian Portal. Maybe review/tweak him when the fancy strikes. Eventually, in one game or another, play him.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3069 on: <10-22-15/1723:25> »
It seems I'm out of actions for this combat turn, so I'll go ahead and roll init for turn 2.
Initiative 21 [3d6=2, 2, 5]

adamu

« Reply #3070 on: <10-22-15/1749:05> »
I totally forgot about vision mag. I have that on my goggles. I guess I know my next action.
As for Achilles, well, he was a creation inspired by Al. The thought of having a consistent character struck me as novel, and kind of cool. You always get to keep developing this one personality instead of manufacturing new ones all the time. So I set out to first-draft that sort of character. Achilles is what I came up with. I thought I'd stash him on Obsidian Portal. Maybe review/tweak him when the fancy strikes. Eventually, in one game or another, play him.

Well (obviously) I recommend it!

Have fun, man!

adamu

« Reply #3071 on: <10-22-15/1750:18> »
@Obi - love the IC music link! Way cool!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3072 on: <10-22-15/1754:20> »
Aria - thanks for clearing up the timeline.

Looks like Al's out of actions and needs a new initiative...

But still looking for some sense of how bad I damaged the lorry - next actions will depend on the apparent state of it and its occupants.
Away from my notes, can you make some rolls for the lorry and driver? Use the rigger template and something a little tougher than your van (although Roadmaster might be a bit ott)... Thanks!

adamu

« Reply #3073 on: <10-22-15/1931:18> »
Okay - let me piece this together based on everything you've said.

Vehicle - You said a "little" tougher than my van (Bod 16), but not a Roadmaster (Bod 18). No such RAW vehicle, so let's say Bod 17.
You also said it is a "small lorry", so I'll assume not an armored vehicle. Give it same armor as my van at 12.

Made up vehicle begs question of handling, but I think that will be academic, per below.
No Rigger template in RAW that I can find. There is Drone Rigger and Street Racer. Both have almost exactly the same pool for wheeled vehicles, with the edge going to Street Racer for the Gearhead quality. More of a "driver" type anyway.

But for the opposed driving test (limited by handling), you already said I got the ram, so we must cap his successes at 4 (which he can buy). Based on your wording: "You rammed him alright! Ouch!"- that double exclamation point really tempts me to give myself two net successes, but better be conservative when entrusted with rolling for my own enemies. Cap her at 4.

That means the attack is 17 (over the armor).
That's 29 dice for the vehicle's soak.
Soak for small lorry: 29d6t5 9
So vehicle takes 8 damage.

Now the rigger (passengers - I guess not?).
His soak is 31 dice (bod + personal armor + vehicle armor).
soak for rigger: 31d6t5 8
So he takes 9 physical damage from the attack (modified DV over his 16 personal armor).

Then the question of whether he was jumped in hot or cold.
I think we all know what we would choose...
So that is 4P to resist with Willpower (3) + Firewall (4 for his Compuforce Taskmaster).
biofeedback resist: 7d6t5 3
So that is 1 more Physical, which fills his condition monitor of 10. Unconscious.

If she's got her autopilot on, she won't also crash.

So I've shown my work, tried to stick with all instructions given, and tried to be conservative.
This is because I am a bit self-conscious "GMing myself", so to speak.

There are also lots of other possible variables (including rules mistakes by me), assumptions you may not agree with, and I didn't know if you use Edge for the bad guys.

So there it is, but I will wait for you to sign off on in before I post a badass IC (I see Al hitting her head on just right so the Bulldog glances away but it stops he cold, sending her through the windscreen and thumping her head on my windscreen before I careen off to help the family).

So yeah, I'll wait for you to sign off before I post that....if it's not cool, let me know what is cool so I can get posting!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3074 on: <10-23-15/0341:00> »
No, that's all cool... I'll look over my stuff for the passengers so I don't spoil the surprise!