NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3015 on: <10-15-15/0815:39> »
That sounds like someone wants to take Al out of the crossfire - have we been betrayed again so soon?

Also just for the record: There is a certain House of Flowers that is in dire need of pruning after this part is over...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3016 on: <10-15-15/0821:25> »
You want to go back down there...after all this?!?  Oh goody  8) ...character motivated runs are always the best kind!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3017 on: <10-15-15/0839:07> »
It's not so much want as that Isaint follows the Dragonslayer - and those guys are really asking for a bit of slaying ;)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3018 on: <10-15-15/1705:54> »
General appeal...as some of you know (and have hopefully used), I've got an excel character generator...the advantage (for me anyway) is that I've added rules summaries of things so I don't have to refer to the umpteen available books when building a character.  Problem is I've got to the point where I'm struggling to keep up with books being released... so, anyone fancy helping out with some data entry for some additional character karma/cash???  Mainly Hard Targets and Chrome Flesh at the moment, although there are still empty sections from as far back as the core!

Let me know, I can either email you a copy or you can download it from my Google Docs (link in my Sig), fill some stuff in (highlighting what you've changed/updated) and I can copy and paste that back into my original!

Thanks

A

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3019 on: <10-15-15/1721:14> »
Looks interesting.
I can take care of the qualities.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3020 on: <10-16-15/0802:09> »
Looks interesting.
I can take care of the qualities.
Thanks!  I think I've got most of the qualities covered from CF (apart from the phenotype adjustments that I haven't wrapped my head round yet)... HT got any? 

I've uploaded a WIP version of 5.10 <<here>> which has the CF stuff I have managed to input so far...

If anyone wants an 'easy' section, spell descriptions are woefully lacking...cyber and bioware rules lacking

I've put a couple of things in from HT but not many yet...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3021 on: <10-16-15/0805:58> »
Ah, a bit to late. I entered all yesterday night.

Here is the updated file: http://we.tl/yKaW2SmI1q
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3022 on: <10-16-15/1208:52> »
Oops!  Hope there's not too much abortive work, sorry about that!  You'll still get some bonus karma once I've looked it over!

@CoP: Took the liberty of bumping you along...but feel free to post any OoC pre-planning or IC 'flashback' as you see fit!  I've been vague about your approach so that you can tailor it to your plans!

adamu

« Reply #3023 on: <10-16-15/1359:56> »
Oops!  Hope there's not too much abortive work, sorry about that!  You'll still get some bonus karma once I've looked it over!

@CoP: Took the liberty of bumping you along...but feel free to post any OoC pre-planning or IC 'flashback' as you see fit!  I've been vague about your approach so that you can tailor it to your plans!

@Aria - two quick questions about the IC -
1) you said we arrive in a convoy. near as I can tell, we just have Al's new Bulldog (only eight of us left anyway). Unless you are counting that medevac drone thing of Isaint's, though I don't see that as a road vehicle...
Is there another vehicle with us I missed?

2) does the "slip of a girl" look like the eTher that Al has met? And does it also match Frenchman's memory of his dance from a couple nights ago?
Oh, and, just for fun, is the tall black man one of the dreadlocked bodyguards from our meet at the Alabaster Maiden? And/or is he the guy Solo set up on a date with a spirit?

Jack - might ber worth assensing her - she should show as a drake (assuming you can beat her masking).
« Last Edit: <10-16-15/1700:39> by adamu »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3024 on: <10-16-15/1553:24> »
Isaint will tell the autopilot of his bike to come to him - no sense to waste time going back in a taxi.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3025 on: <10-16-15/1752:24> »

@Aria - two quick questions about the IC -
1) you said we arrive in a convoy. near as I can tell, we just have Al's new Bulldog (only eight of us left anyway). Unless you are counting that medevac drone thing of Isaint's, though I don't see that as a road vehicle...
Is there another vehicle with us I missed?

2) does the "slip of a girl" look like the eTher that Al has met? And does it also match Frenchman's memory of his dance from a couple nights ago?
Oh, and, just for fun, is the tall black man one of the dreadlocked bodyguards from our meet at the Alabaster Maiden? And/or is he the guy Solo set up on a date with a spirit?

Jack - might ber worth assensing her - she should show as a drake (assuming you can beat her masking).
I assumed Isaint at least was in a separate vehicle...trying to stay vague

Yes, the girl is eTher, the bodyguard is the same as both encounters! Mage of some sort...

Can someone remind me about masking penetration? Not near my books right now...

adamu

« Reply #3026 on: <10-16-15/1858:31> »
Just the Assensing Test vs. the person's (who has the Masking metamagic) Magic + Initiate grade. Net hits by Assensing person sees the real aura.

adamu

« Reply #3027 on: <10-16-15/2011:14> »
@CoP

Team - wouldn't it be great if this handoff could just go smoothly!!!
I mean, we followed the web of fate and got out of London!
Our opsec, largely thanks to Isaint, is not total caca.
And hey, maybe eTher has the place locked down pretty well on her side, as well.

Hand off and go, right?

But our esteemed GM has taken pains to give us all a fair chance to state our plans, detail our approach, etc....

So, any thoughts?
Scouting the perimeter before we commit to contact?
Set up our own fire support on the perimeter?
Our numbers at this point are quite limited, of course, and we need at least of couple of us to stay with the family.

Al, at least, will stay with the family and deal directly with eTher, since he's the one she knows.

Any other ideas on preparations/precautions?

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3028 on: <10-16-15/2020:37> »
OOC, I don't mind setting up somewhere with my bow and keeping watch. IC, good luck convincing Jackhammer to do anything of the sort.
I'd say the best plan would be to have Isaint off somewhere zoomed in with his rifle, Jackhammer and Al in the flesh, and... I can't really place Frenchman. I don't know what he does. Kung-fu? Maybe you should talk Jackhammer into overwatch with Isaint and approach with Al & the Frenchman.

adamu

« Reply #3029 on: <10-17-15/0240:04> »
Yeah, Frenchman is more a pistols guy, I think. Defintely a close in guy.

But besides the bow, seems like Jackhammer also has solid personal protection skills.

Honestly, Al would be better as a sniper, but don't have my rifle with me, and I'm the one that knows eTher professionally, so I need to be down there.

If Jack is cool with it, we could make him the only overwatch guy - he's also the only one that came in on a separate vehicle, I think, so it would be more inconspicuous for him to break off and go set up.

As for the actual approach for the hand off, once any overwatch we decide on is in position, I was thinking:
(1) Al backs the van up to the limo.
(2) Runners get out, quickly establish contact with eTher.
(3) Open the back and whisk the family into the limo.
Hopefully, we thus minimize family's exposure.

And hopefully eTher will have grasped the level of threat we've been facing and come adequately prepared to protect the family on her end.

Any thoughts?