NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3000 on: <10-11-15/0841:39> »
@Aria

I'm still working through Hard Targets, but I've already upgraded some of my gear: Easy breakdown for the rifles, ammo select for the warhawk and extended magazines for the Crockett and the Guardian.
There are also some hand crafted silver and wood pulp bullets I'll be adding later after doing the calculations.

As soon as we are topside Isaint will also call up the already mentioned Aeroquip Dustoff drone with more gear inside (I really like the ruthenium polymer poncho idea)

Oh and also: Isaint initiated to grade 3. Instead of a power point I chose Adept Centering.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #3001 on: <10-12-15/0328:20> »
@Aria - similar story to Jack - Al will be adding melee hardening and personalized grips to his weapons, along with some hand-loaded and silver/wood rounds.

And Jack also seems to be thinking the same way I am about upcoming initiations.

Great minds thinking alike!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3002 on: <10-12-15/0844:05> »
No problem!

CoP: Ok, so you are intending to meet by a military base in the centre of London? (What could possibly go wrong?!?) ...which one?  Right outside or a couple of streets over?  A street name I can look up on Google Maps would really help!

When? After the street doc presumably (in the direction you just came from but ah well...)?

eTher will be in London by now so will be able to meet you at a time of your choosing, traffic permitting :D

Going in the van should defeat facial recog devices...but as has been pointed out, there are lots of them!  Anything else you are planning that I should be aware of?

TB: working on ICs for both groups now!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #3003 on: <10-12-15/0853:21> »

CoP: Ok, so you are intending to meet by a military base in the centre of London? (What could possibly go wrong?!?) ...which one?  Right outside or a couple of streets over?  A street name I can look up on Google Maps would really help!

When? After the street doc presumably (in the direction you just came from but ah well...)?

eTher will be in London by now so will be able to meet you at a time of your choosing, traffic permitting :D

Going in the van should defeat facial recog devices...but as has been pointed out, there are lots of them!  Anything else you are planning that I should be aware of?

I think if we are going over to the Docklands to get Natasha stabilized anyway, might as well choose a military base off in that direction. Moving to Docklands is moving eastward along the Thames - aren't there Coast Guard or Royal Navy installations along the river in that direction?

Al will call ahead and arrange for the van to enter her garage so we're never exposed to public surveillance moving in and out of there.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3004 on: <10-12-15/0912:04> »
A quick wikipedia search shows the following military installations in London:

Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow
Hyde Park Barracks
Regent's Park Barracks
Royal Artillery Barracks
Victoria Barracks   
Wellington Barracks

Of course I have no idea what the situation is like in 2076 and in what kind of area those now reside.

An alternative to military would be any kind of power station - those are equally keen not to have any unauthorized helicopters near their airspace.

Both IP and OP I'll leave the decision to those people who know the London area.
« Last Edit: <10-12-15/0914:43> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #3005 on: <10-12-15/1008:09> »
@CoP - I think the power station option sounds better, then.

By far fewer government guns - a real consideration since at least one of the groups chasing us is an arm of the government.

@Aria - east of Docklands is mostly industrial - can we identify a 2076 power station in that area and have eTher meet us there?

And, can we IC to the street doc?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3006 on: <10-12-15/1625:17> »
Yep! And yep!

adamu

« Reply #3007 on: <10-12-15/1826:39> »
@CoP - well, you know me - hopeless with all that fancy pasting in links and so forth.

But if you put Royal Victoria Gardens into Google, you'll get the same map I'm looking at, and the parking lot in the northwest corner is quite obvious, as is the A112 and A117, and pretty much every other point I mentioned except for the power station, which of course was built in 2051.

For the Doc, Aria, not sure how much that should cost, or how in-run expenses are to handled vis a vis your reward system....

adamu

« Reply #3008 on: <10-13-15/1454:50> »
@Tribes -

Al will keep as low a profile as possible going for his high-ground sniper position.

Att + skill + quality = 7 dice
trying to be inconspicuous as I move to higher ground: 7d6t5 3
Hopefully I can get there unseen with that.

Once there, I'll use the scope on the rifle to try to spot what we're looking for. It's 50-power, but I can't find any rules on bonuses for Perception tests...
Just roll Att + Skill = 7 dice
Trying to spot the furtive mover: 7d6t5 2

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3009 on: <10-13-15/1604:35> »
@CoP

Ok, I've updated my purchases:

Full Body Armor 17
 +Chemical Seal
 +Gel Packs
 +Nonconductivity 6
 +Thermal Damping 6
 +YNT Softweave Armor
 +Concealable Holster
 +Single Sensor (Ultrasound) Rating 4
 +Electrochromic clothing
Full Body Armor: Helmet 3
 +Auto-Injector
 +Jammer, Area Rating 6
 +Ultrasound Noise Generator Rating 4
19.490¥

RUTHENIUM POLYMER CLOAK 4
16.000¥

Aeroquip M.E.D.-1 'Dustoff' Medical Evacuation Drone (Large)
 +Chameleon Coating
 +Spoof Chips
 +Sensor Array Rating 3
 +Autosoft: Evasion
 +Autosoft: Maneuvering
 +Autosoft: Stealth
 +Virtual Machine
 +Encryption
 +Flash pack
29.910¥

Reactive myomer pack 450¥

12x Hand loaded silver bullets 375¥ 

Total: 56.225 NY
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3010 on: <10-14-15/0845:31> »
@Jack: All fine...gives me an excuse to up the opposition again  8) ...although you weren't intending to wear that armour to a meet in the middle of a public park in the middle of the day were you?!?  ;D

@Tribes / Fetch: I'm assuming you are on the ridge overlooking the town (river between you and town - shallow so you can wade/swim across if you wish) so you have elevated positions... movement is around 500m away...

@CoP: doc costs, don't worry about it!!!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3011 on: <10-14-15/0914:13> »
Nope, not really (especially since my normal armor is actually one point higher than the full body)
But it's nice to have the option to call a drone with that kind of equipment. What I will do, is take out the poncho.
At the very least we can camouflage the doctor.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3012 on: <10-15-15/0456:09> »
@Adamu: not that I want to rain on Al's boundless enthusiasm but Silk's request is unreasonable, bordering on unprofessional! No sane runner takes on a gig the second you've finished the last one! That and it would take around 90mins to get to Oxford if you left NOW, no way you'd make it after your meet...you have a sneaking suspicion she knows it too! Something else is going on!!!

adamu

« Reply #3013 on: <10-15-15/0636:02> »
@Adamu: not that I want to rain on Al's boundless enthusiasm but Silk's request is unreasonable, bordering on unprofessional! No sane runner takes on a gig the second you've finished the last one! That and it would take around 90mins to get to Oxford if you left NOW, no way you'd make it after your meet...you have a sneaking suspicion she knows it too! Something else is going on!!!

Well, Al is not always sane, and never considers himself a runner. So I won't worry about what a sane runner would do!!!

But seriously, sorry, I thought you wanted me to say yes, a GM move to shift us into a next run and keep the pressure up on our supplies, condition monitors and Edge.So I was just trying to be a cooperative player.

No worries, though - I just want to facilitate things.

Al hasn't said anything yet to anyone.
Let me modify my last IC. I can do it in a way that still reflects Al's boundless enthusiasm and unrealistic optimism, but also factors in the "sneaking suspicion" you say he has...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3014 on: <10-15-15/0804:10> »
Cool, I meant to point out OoC that it was a crazy ask...just didn't get round to it in time, sorry :P