NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #2970 on: <10-01-15/1941:04> »
Sooo - if I am following that right (and I might not be), does that mean you get the cuffs on her before she has a chance to act?

If so, even if she acts, she would have to break Jackhammer's hold AND get out of the cuffs - so we would pretty much have her.

Al will jump on and put a second pair of cuffs on her wrists.

Then we can improvise restraints for other joints out of ripped clothing (from corpses) if we have to - she won't be going anywhere.

But what about French - how badly hurt will he be once he's used any sort of blocking/full-defense/Edge or whatnot???

First aid standing by...

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2971 on: <10-01-15/2120:04> »
Pre-emptive Block: 6d6t5 4
Block the first attack

Pre-emptive Block: 6d6t5 2
Will push the limit again, hopefully this time with better luck.
Push the Limit + exploding dice: 11d6t5 5
Push the Limit + exploding dice: 4d6t5 2
Push the Limit + exploding dice: 2d6t5 1

Total of a whooping 15 successes!
That's the fourth Edge used in this combat, three because of Her.

Thank ISaint, still three Edge used, but I'm glad  to see how the Frenchman survived this ordeal! ... so far

« Last Edit: <10-02-15/0337:56> by obidancer »
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2972 on: <10-02-15/0319:03> »
Actually you don't have to.

The two additional successes are enough to turn that into a glancing blow (thank god there aren't any taser knifes - yet), since the accuracy of the knives limits them to 7 successes

But yes, K-10 and a killer elf we don't want to hurt is a really dicey combination.

Isaint has enough plastic restraints, so we won't need to tear of any clothes for makeshift ropes.

If necessary there is also micro wire, but she'd probably cut herself to shreds with that.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #2973 on: <10-02-15/1037:37> »
@Aria - bit worried about this worm...whether it is going to spew swarms of little baby fireworms or erupt in a cloud of poison gas or just generate a megaton bio-detonation, I am thinking it could be a problem. Yup.

But can only run as fast as the mule (how fast is the mule?).

Long shot, but this beast was thrashing about in a hole of its own making, breaking up dirt and rock as it broke through to the surface, flailing about and doing who knows what sort of damage to the earth around it...now it is lying there combusting, presumably sort of hanging half out of the hole it made?
How stable does the rock it is sitting on look?
Just wondering if a few well placed shots might be able to finish the job on any destabilizing it did, maybe cause a rockslide back into the hole, which would carry it down where it came from and make it a lot safer...

Does that sound at all plausible?

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #2974 on: <10-02-15/1133:00> »
Good questions adamu.  In combination with that, I will be posting later today once work permits and I can use a dice roller with a legit computer, but at the very least, Pinion will be attempting to move our cargo away as fast as possible!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2975 on: <10-02-15/1214:37> »
@Adamu: might take more than a 'shot' or two...anyone got any grenades???  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #2976 on: <10-02-15/1242:14> »
@Adamu: might take more than a 'shot' or two...anyone got any grenades???  ;D

Yeah, thought of that - but want it to blow up AFTER it is deeper in the hole, not cause it to detonate early while it is still on the surface.

So...for loosening the unstable rock AND not causing more fire...Jack - you got any more concussion grenades???

adamu

« Reply #2977 on: <10-02-15/1244:05> »
Good questions adamu.  In combination with that, I will be posting later today once work permits and I can use a dice roller with a legit computer, but at the very least, Pinion will be attempting to move our cargo away as fast as possible!

Thanks. I always figure better to be creative than just try to win on having more dice (because you usually won't!).

But yeah, anything you can do to speed that mule along....

adamu

« Reply #2978 on: <10-02-15/1247:58> »
@Aria - CoP

Everyone's ICed just up to right before we dogpile on this mime and start hogtying.

Seems that based on Jack's painstaking resolution we have succeeded at that.

Are you cool for us to IC to final truss-up?

(Just thought of something everyone - here we were keeping her alive because, like, she was a friend and we didn't want to kill her for getting drugged - what nice guys we are - but, like, she is also the only one that knows the way out of here - glad we did the right thing!)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2979 on: <10-02-15/1404:46> »
IC away! She will thrash like a landed fish, possibly even to the point of dislocated/ broken limbs... Feel free to roll duration for the drug, but I don't suggest waiting around that long...!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2980 on: <10-02-15/2133:32> »
@CoP, ISaint - that's my way of in-game purchasing. He seems like the kind of guy to have a spare, after all. I didn't think anything else would make sense at present.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2981 on: <10-03-15/0149:20> »
And you would be right with that. Isaint is all to willing to provide you with some fire power ;)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #2982 on: <10-03-15/0716:36> »
@Tribes

Thorn brings up a thought-provoking point. We should be careful.

However, I would say that:

* Whatever this thing does, it may not be just an explosive blast. It could spread poison gas, or lots of little baby monster worms, or, more likely, huge quantities of the same acid it spewed at us. In all those cases, having it down in the hole is best.

* Even if it is just a big explosion, being in a confined space will not in any way increase the force of the blast, it will only channel it. That does suck if you are in the channel, but the channel will be straight up - blast force does not turn corners. The overpressure can also suck if the vessel is something easily shattered, like a porcelain toilet. In this case, there will at least be several meters of decades-old lava flow, and possibly some igneous bedrock below that, depending on depth. The only way an underground detonation could bite us in the butt would be if
(A) there was untapped natural gas (which I think would have been exploited by now, and if it is down there would likely ignite even with a surface explosion.
OR
(B) if the blast was strong enough to cause a geological event, like split the ground out from under our feet or something - but if the blast is that strong, we would still rather have several meters of rock between us and it, than have our bodies and the fuel cell be directly exposed to it.

But I'm not a physicist or a geologist. As usual, Al knows more about this than I do.

He's got nine dice for Mining knowledge, and nine dice for Demolitions, and even nine dice for Puyallup Barrens (for underground hazards???).
So I'll make a single nine-dice test as an amalgam of those, to see what Al thinks he ought to do.

Since ultimately, all that really matters is what the GM thinks!
So just assuming we are talking about a vanilla explosion, best underground or on the surface - opinion based on Mining and Demolition.
Blended Demolitions/Mining roll: 9d6t5 3

All assuming we even CAN get the thing back down in its hole!!!

adamu

« Reply #2983 on: <10-05-15/0950:28> »
@Aria - reading in Seventh House and saw The overworlders are gone now, those that managed to escape Below anyway,...

Have to ask, is that just you being optimistic about our prospects, or can we infer that Frisk eventually comes to her senses and she leads us unmolested out of London Below???

If so, where are we?

And how long did it take - once all the drugs are worn off, we want to stop at some point to do First Aid on some people...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2984 on: <10-05-15/1010:44> »
Don't be to optimistic. There might still be waiting a Grue somewhere in the darkness... ;)
talk think matrix