NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #2955 on: <09-30-15/1906:59> »
Ah sorry, didn't realize I was the last one. Since this is my first foray into subdual territory, what's the appropriate action here? If someone would be so kind. I'm also a bit unfamiliar with this teamwork business (the rules, not the concept in general).

Basically, you just do an unarmed combat attack, then add your net hits to your strength and compare to other guy's physical limit.
So you are way the strongest, so you're the man to take the lead.

For your attack roll, you get to add dice for all of our teamwork hits. Between Isaint and Al, that's five extra dice you get. Obi hasn't confirmed he is in on the teamwork, but if he is, then you will get six more dice on top of that.

I just checked the rules and we are still golden - up to three people can keep stacking bonus dice until a fourth goes for the final attack.
(Technically we shortchanged ourselves, because they snowball - for instance, Al's three successes could have been used by Isaint to help him get even more extra dice, and so on as they accumulate. But I am thinking if you melee her with eleven extra dice behind you, you'll get an initial hold - that's all we need to get some restraints on her.)

It's all on p188 anyway.

adamu

« Reply #2956 on: <10-01-15/0535:32> »
@Tribal Beats

Payday post brought forward with September awards.

@Tribal Beats

Have edited this whole post in line with corrections from Aria - basic award still the same, though.

August karma

9 players have made a total of 55 IC posts.

So that is 3 karma and Y6,000 each.

Will apply the remainder of 1 post to the September total.

I'll be posting future-month rewards here, and Aria is going to link this to page one of the OOC.

September Payday

Again 3 karma and Y6,000 for each person.

And again there is a remainder that I'll apply to next month.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2957 on: <10-01-15/1234:30> »
@CoP:

Pre Combat: Alchemy barrier, Below 1-8 on leading edge of barrier, Below 9-13 on rear side of barrier
Now: No barrier, hot smoke in the corridor, Below 13 fleeing, Harlequin drugged & attacking

I’ve tweaked rnd 2 to what I think your actions are now that you’ve declared, re-declared etc, and that most of the teamwork stuff will take place in 2/3 onwards…?  Please correct if wrong!  Frisk’s initiative is 36 in rnd 2…nasty combat drug!!!

I haven’t resolved the initial grapple yet because the Frenchman might be nursing too many wounds to be helpful…see 2/2

[spoiler]
1/1
Below 1: Pepper attack
Below 2: Aisa attack
Below 3: Dopadrine attack
Below 4-8: ???
Below 9: 2 ‘CS’ gas attack
Isaint: shoots Below 9
Al: shoots Below 2
Spike: bites Below 1
The Frenchman: shoots Below 10
Jackhammer: punches the barrier out of existence
Tobbis: ???
Frisk / Tabor: Turning back to the fray, kill Below 4 & 5
Family [Richard, Rachel, Natasha, William]: gawp, then puke, claw at eyes etc…
Below 12-13 ???
Below 12 runs
Below 13 throws smoke grenade

1/2
Isaint: shoots (kills dead) Below 1
Al: shoots Below 3
Frenchman: shoots Below 11
Spike: mauls Below 8

1/3
Isaint shoots Below 6 (toast!)

1/4
Isaint shoots Below 7 (toast!)

Pepper / CS/ Dopadrine kick in!  Likely min –1D to physical actions, possibly disorientation (-2D), possibly nausea (you’re screwed!), don’t forget the stun damage from pepper & CS
[/spoiler]
2/1
Isaint shoots at Below 13, misses (damn drugs/adept combat sense)…
Al, dragging Spike out of the smoke, sees Frisk dispatch Tabor (technically in 1/3) and dodges her first blow (just)
Jackhammer carrying Natasha and the Doc and running (where exactly??? Forwards ‘into the unknown’ or back following Below 13?!?)
Below 13 legging it after throwing one last gift at the family…(this ‘takes out’ Tobbis – unconscious but not dead, when/if he re-joins us he can come back to life ;D)
Frenchman shoots to disarm Frisk (and just succeeds…she got 6 hits! At least you don’t need to contend with the weapon focus now)

2/2
Isaint shoots burst at Below 13 (rolls?)
Frisk attacking Frenchman – free action draw knife, fire pistol (ambidextrous) 6 hits @ 9P, -6AP APDS Ouch! Hope you dodge it
Al teamwork melee test to grapple Frisk – delayed / aborting to save Spike?!?
Alchemy explosion on Spike and Al – treat as short range wide shotgun blast, if you take any damage you are drugged – although the flechettes don’t actually do any damage!
Jackhammer running

2/3
Frisk will attack Frenchman with knife
Isaint assensing and activating focus
Jackhammer running back

2/4
Frisk will attack Frenchman with knife
Isaint charging Frisk to assist Jackhammer, Frenchman and Al???

3/1 -- 3/2 -- 3/3 -- 3/4

Aisa kicks in -2D due to disorientation, hallucinations etc…

Because I know you occasionally like to see stats (bolded is the K-10 boosts):

Frisk

Body: 4   (4) +3
Agility: 7 (7) +3
Reaction: 5 (7/8)
Strength: 5 (5) +4
Willpower: 3 (3) +1
Logic:   2 (2)
Intuition: 5 (5)
Charisma: 4 (4)
Edge:   5         
Magic/Resonance: 6 (6)
Essence: 6 (6)
Initiative: 10 (12/13) +5
Initiative D: 1D6 (3/4D6)
Physical Limit: 7         
Mental Limit: 4         
Social Limit: 6         
Phys CM: 10         
Stun CM: 10   

+ve Qualities
Agile Defender
Ambidextrous
Adept's Way [Warrior]
Mentor Spirit [Dragonslayer]
Martial Art [Longsword, Half Sword, Pouncing Dragon]
High Pain Tolerance 3, Berserk                     

Skills

Blades   6 [Sword] (13) +3 Adept, +4 Focus
Escape Artist 6 (13)   
Gymnastics 6 (13)   
Palming 3 (10)   
Pistols 6 [Rev] (13)   
Sneaking 6 (13)                  
Pilot Ground Craft 1 (8)   
Con 4 (8)   
Etiquette 3 (7)   
Intimidation 4 (8)   
Leadership 3 (7)            
Perception 5 (10)   

Adept Powers
Improved Reflexes [2 / 3 Qi]
Combat Sense [3] *
Improved Blades [3] *
Rapid Draw *
Motion Sense
Danger Sense [2]
Improved Accuracy [Sword]

Relevant Gear
Sword [A7, R1, (STR+3)P, -2AP]
Combat knife [A7, R0, (STR+2)P, -3AP]
Modified Ruger Super Warhawk [A6, 9P, -6AP APDS, SS, 6(cy)]
Camo Suit [9] w. Thermal Damping [5], Non-conductivity [4]
Ballistic Mask [2] w. Respirator [6], Thermo, Image Link, Flare Compensation, Trodes, Camera [3] w. Vision Magnification, Directional Mic [3] torn off!  small mercies  ::)   
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2958 on: <10-01-15/1409:57> »
Dodge - 4 Mods: 13d6t5 3 (Should be 9 dice: remove last 4 dice for a total of 2 hits.
Push the Limit with exploding two successes: Edge: Push the limit: 9d6t5 1
Edge: Exploding dice: 1d6t5 0

Total of 3 successes to dodge:

Armor 19-6AP =13 > 9+6-3 =12
Need to resist 12S damage! (Already at -3 boxes)... Oops...

Resist 12S: 21d6t5 10 !!!
Take it like a man 2 Stun boxes, total of 5.

I hope now the Subdue attack succeed before she start slicing the Frenchman's head off his shoulders, unless she has an attack before me!

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #2959 on: <10-01-15/1415:02> »
Yikes!
She's a hellion!!!
Very very cool.
(And even cooler if someday down the road she remembers we didn't just shoot her!)

Anyway, thanks for the clarification on timing of things!

To answer your question about whether Al delays or aborts his teamwork test to save Spike, there is no need. The Lucky Duck thing does not require an action (although my fluff will look like one) - there is no action cost in game terms - just Karma (EDIT - sorry - EDGE) spend for a particular effect.
So Al will still make that teamwork test.
(NOTE: his three hits are opposed by the defender [Intuition ONLY], and only net hits apply to the final attacker bonus - sorry I missed that point earlier, everyone!)

Finally - seems I can reclaim one precious point of Edge.
You'll recall that in your previous OOC rundown of the battle, Frisk made a second attack on Al in 2/2
"2/2
Isaint shoots burst at Below 13 (rolls?)
Frisk attacking Al (want to roll edge on those 4 defend hits???)"

...and that I did indeed use Edge to reroll my fails.
But now it seems that, thanks to Frenchman disarming and distracting her, she used her 2/2 attack on him.
Ergo, Al would never have spent that point.
(Sorry that turns out to be at the cost of Frenchman taking a hit, Obi!)

Will get an IC up for Al once the kids are in bed!
« Last Edit: <10-01-15/1500:49> by adamu »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2960 on: <10-01-15/1445:25> »
Well technically I think we both get her wrath as per the initiative scores:

36 - Frisk
26 - Frisk & ISaint
24 - Jack
20 - Frenchman
16 - Frisk
14 - Jack & Al
11 - ISaint
10 - Frenchman
6 - Frisk
4 - Jack & Al
1 - ISaint

So I believe Frisk could have done her two attacks on Al who miraculously survives, get disarmed by the Frenchman's shot, Shoot at the Frenchman who miraculously survives.
That means the Frenchman has his melee attack and Frisk will certainly retaliate on him if she's not subdue yet, which I doubt will happen until Jackhammer join the fray on Pass 4.

adamu

« Reply #2961 on: <10-01-15/1451:45> »
Hmmm - I think it is possible you are thinking of Initiative in an older SR system.
In previous editions it was that way, but now everyone acts in the first initiative pass (highest to lowest), then they subtract ten and start all over again with anyone who still has a positive score.

So no one acts multiple times before other characters act.

Aria has posted the rounds using that (SR5) system correctly, I think.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2962 on: <10-01-15/1601:49> »
Oh, gotcha. Much better this way, then. And yes you're right, Frisk would only attack you once. The rest in on the Frenchman...
Ouch.

adamu

« Reply #2963 on: <10-01-15/1627:15> »
Yeah - and seriously - thanks for taking the heat off of me!

All the tough scrapes we've been in on this run, it's always been teamwork more than anything else that pulled us through.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2964 on: <10-01-15/1707:14> »
Ouch. That hurt.

But just a quick note on Teamwork: Jackhammer can't get more dice than he has skill points in unarmed combat - so a maximum of 6.

But now starts the fun 3rd round with the hallucinations... ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #2965 on: <10-01-15/1717:40> »
Well, hopefully Jackhammer will take her down right away now.

If not, and we have to try again, you should definitely do your leadership thing and give us those dogpile bonuses.
Then we do the teamwork thing right, remembering all the friend-in-melee bonuses and with the snowballing bonuses, and hopefully we can get her restrained in one or two passes...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2966 on: <10-01-15/1725:41> »
Ouch. That hurt.

But just a quick note on Teamwork: Jackhammer can't get more dice than he has skill points in unarmed combat - so a maximum of 6.

But now starts the fun 3rd round with the hallucinations... ;D
Ive got 2 knife attacks and possibly Jackhammers subdual to sort out... Unless one of you want to run 2/3 and 2/4? She isn't employing tactics, just trying to maim whoever attacked her last! Bear in mind her massive agility and escape artist skills though! She isn't going to go quietly!!!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2967 on: <10-01-15/1747:01> »
Subduing is relatively easy:

To subdue a character, resolve melee combat normally using the Unarmed Combat skill. If the attacker successfully hits, compare his Strength + net hits to the defender’s Physical limit. If the attacker’s total exceeds the defender’s Physical limit, the attacker grapples and immobilizes the defender. This subduing attack causes
no damage to the defender.
To break out of the lock, the defender must take a Complex Action and succeed in an Unarmed Combat + Strength [Physical] Test with a threshold equal to the net hits scored on the attacker’s original grappling test. Otherwise the defender remains subdued and cannot take any actions requiring physical movement. Consider the subdued character to be prone for any attacks made against him.
The grappling character does not need to make any tests to maintain the grapple, but he must spend a Complex Action on each of his Action Phases to hold the position.

So Frisk now has to beat a threshold of 6 with 8 dice since she seems to lack an unarmed combat skill.

Also here are the rolls for Isaint in the first phase of round 3

Ini Round 3: 16+4d6 27
Free Action: Rapid Draw handcuffs
Complex Action: Trying to apply handcuffs.

I have no idea what test you need for that, so I'm guessing unarmed will have to do:
AGI 9 + 4 Unarmed -3 Drugs= 10 dice
Handcuffing: 10d6t5 4 [10d6t5=4, 3, 4, 6, 4, 2, 6, 6, 5, 1]

talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2968 on: <10-01-15/1810:39> »
I will allow escape artist to replace unarmed combat for the above...please feel free to resolve D rolls for me, I'm going to sleep :P

And don't forget the knife attacks, I know why your IC glossed over them but...  ::)
« Last Edit: <10-01-15/1814:11> by Aria »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2969 on: <10-01-15/1924:14> »
Sleep tight  ;)

Ok, I'll try to sort this out:

Her knifes are not her weapon focus so she "only" has 19 attack dice.
Knife Attack 2/3: 19d6t5 7 [19d6t5=2, 5, 4, 3, 4, 6, 5, 1, 2, 2, 6, 3, 6, 3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3]
Knife Attack 2/4: 19d6t5 8 [19d6t5=3, 6, 4, 5, 5, 3, 1, 6, 1, 2, 2, 6, 5, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 6]
Combat knife with custom grip limits this to 7

I am really sorry Obidancer - I promise, I'm not trying to kill the Frenchman
Frenchman Defense vs. Frisk 2/3: 13d6t5 5
Frenchman Defense vs. Frisk 2/4: 13d6t5 5

I'd advice you to take "Pre-emptive Block" at -5 Ini. That allows you to add 6 dice to your defense for the whole round (p.122 Run&Gun), but you Physical Limit applies.

Now regarding Teamwork melee: Frisk has a INT roll against all helpers:
Int roll vs. Al: 5d6t5 3 vs. 3 hits
Int roll vs. Frenchman: 5d6t5 2 vs. 6 hits
Int roll vs. Isaint: 5d6t5 1 vs. 2 hits

Unarmed Combat: 20d6t5 6[20d6t5=3, 2, 2, 5, 4, 2, 4, 3, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 5, 4, 1, 5]
Frisk Dodge Grapple: 16d6t5 2

Even without the 5 supporting dice, Jackhammer has grappled Frisk.

Next round, Frisk can try to escape.
Escape artist roll Frisk: 15d6t5 5 [15d6t5=3, 5, 2, 5, 5, 4, 5, 3, 5, 2, 2, 3, 4, 1, 1]
She might succeed, depending on the amount of damage the Frenchman takes or takes not.

But Isaint trys to cuff her at Ini 27, so now it all depends on what Ini Frisk gets in Round 3:
Frisk Ini: 18+4d6 25 [4d6=1, 4, 1, 1]

Wow. that was more work than I thought. :o

talk think matrix