Simple Action: Perceive in Detail: Assensing Frisk: Assensing: 7d6t5 2
Simple Action: Activate Weapon Focus

Ini 1
Free Action: Deactivate astral perception focus
Complex Action: Charge Frisk:
AGI 9 + Unarmed 4 + 3 Weapon Focus +1 Charge -1 Drug +1 friend in melee
Charge: 17d6t5 2
[17d6t5=4, 2, 5, 1, 3, 2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 6, 2, 3, 1, 3, 2, 4]

Don't do drugs kids, they'll fuck you up...

Underlined the relevant rolls.

So, did I get this right, a possessed corps? *donsfedoraandwhip*
"SHEDIM, why did it have to be shedim?"
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2941 on: <09-29-15/1335:02> »
Relax, lol, he used edge for a dying man trigger... No shedim, yet  8)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2942 on: <09-29-15/1409:50> »
Puh,... wait, what was this about "yet"? :o

;)
talk think matrix

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2943 on: <09-29-15/1634:00> »
Ok here is for the Frenchman:

Initiative: 14+2d6 20

Pass 20:
Attempting a Blast out of hands called shot on frisk's weapon.
20 -4 (total mods from pepper punch) -2 (Called Shot) - 6 (Heavy Smoke) + 7 (edge) = 15
Called Shot: Blast out of hands: 15d6t5 7 That should do to disarm the lady hopefully!

Pass 10:
Charge the girl to subdue her
15 - 4 +1 =12
Charge Frisk: 12d6t5 6

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

ChromeZephyr

• Newb
  • Listen much, talk little
« Reply #2944 on: <09-29-15/1707:33> »
Just noticed that I wrote an entry for Scrapheap that is frighteningly similar to pistolgrip's for Bent.  How embarrassing.   :-\

Will edit shortly, work is rather hectic today.

adamu

« Reply #2945 on: <09-29-15/1837:05> »
Frisk attacking Al (want to roll edge on those 4 defend hits???)

Yikes, just so little Edge left.
With my four hits on defense, and a few hits on soak, she PROBABLY won't have enough net hits to take me down (esp. not what with what now looks like it will be an Unarmed attack - thanks Obi!).
But I MUST stay conscious to save Spike (see below), so yes, will use a point to reroll nine dice.
Rerolling to avoid drugged mime's second attack: 9d6t5 3
So up to seven successes, Hopefully that will do the trick.

Then proceed with the Melee Teamwork as stated - that is three successes, by the way, not four, as I had overlooked one die of penalty.

Then this bomb thing...
One of those went off near Frisk - so this could well be that enraging crap...not cool.
Cannot determine for myself whether I take damage, as I do not know the base DV or how many "successes" the bomb may have gotten.

But after all shotgun, drug, and wound penalties, Al has three defense successes left on the next roll on his dice wall (that's on p.190).
With wide spread flechette getting -3 DV, and +5 AP, I seriously doubt it will have enough modified DV to exceed my modified armor rating of 12 to do Physical damage (drug me).
(I think it is not actualy flechettes but rather drops of gunk, maybe? But also assuming if it gets all the flechette bonuses it also entails all the flechete penalties? Hope I'm not wrong!)
So hopefully Al won't get drugged!

However, Spike has no armor at all, and even if Incapacitated characters get defense rolls (unclear), his penalties bring his defense pool to zero.
And I can't have my dog going apeshit and have to put him down.

Thought of using Protect the Principle, but at 4 on initiative, I don't have enough for that Interrupt.

And only one Edge left...

So...I swore to myself about a year ago I wouldn't spend any Karma until I finished by silly story over on DS, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
Will spend 24 for the Lucky quality and 40 to raise Edge to 8.

Then I'll spend 2 Edge to use Lucky Duck (Run & Gun p. 126). I'm close enough, and it costs no actions, and in game terms I don't have to absorb any extra damage. And the attack then automatically misses Spike (fluff-wise I'll probably have Al jump on him).

So that's me out of Edge!  Yikes!

And thanks - this is a truly badass scene!!!

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2946 on: <09-29-15/1848:07> »
Hade to say it Al, but if that guy didn't have a shotgun... he may well have set off a Fragmentation Grenade...  ;)
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2947 on: <09-29-15/1854:22> »
Nah, it's neither - it's some sort of alchemical blast - that's why I have so many questions on how it will be resolved.

But what Aria rules is what Aria rules.

Don't know what will happen to Al, but pretty sure I've worked it out to save Spike. That's what matters. Al will die before he loses another dog.

Would never have even brought him down here, except that our place got burned down and nowhere else for him to go!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2948 on: <09-30-15/0057:21> »
Looks like the gods, whichever ones they may be, favour Al and Spike! That and some good teamwork! You'll still need to subdue raging elf clowns but you're doing well so far! I know I was playing a bit fast and loose with RAW on this one but it seems to have worked out ok ...Al's luck is running out though! Ouch!!! ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #2949 on: <09-30-15/0441:07> »
Not running out, just OUT!

Too close for comfort!!!

But still standing, for now...

Looking at subduing our mime friend, we have a melee attack from Isaint, a subdual attack by French, and a melee teamwork attack from Al all yet to be resolved.
Do we want some coordination on that? Make one of the other attacks a teamwork as well?
Is Jackhammer going to be able to come in on that - his strength will be key until we can get some restraints on her...

In any case, someone please make use of the three extra dice you are entitled to from Al's melee teamwork attack...

And did French's disarm work?

I have an IC planned for the Spike-save, but all that disarming/subduing happens before that, so I'll hold off until some of that is resolved/ICed.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2950 on: <09-30-15/0450:15> »
Well, I'm all for teamwork. If the Frenchman and Jackhammer also join the fray, I'll change Isaint's attack to a teamwork attempt, trying to get control of one arm.
talk think matrix

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2951 on: <09-30-15/1036:48> »
I'm on my way back, assuming that whopping 1 hit doesn't reveal anyone hiding nearby, just waiting to abduct the doctor when I set him down.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2952 on: <09-30-15/1554:44> »
If I see this correctly, we all have declared all actions for round 2
Now it all depends on what the crazy Frisk does (and who else crawls out of the woodwork)

Round 3 and it's hallucinations are a go than.
Ini Round 3: 16+4d6 27

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #2953 on: <09-30-15/1621:03> »
If I see this correctly, we all have declared all actions for round 2
Now it all depends on what the crazy Frisk does (and who else crawls out of the woodwork)

Round 3 and it's hallucinations are a go than.
Ini Round 3: 16+4d6 27

All declared - so are we waiting for round 3 for Jackhammer to make a melee attack to resolve all those teamwork tests?
(unclear on the rules - how long do the bonus dice stay on stand-by for the primary attacker to use?)

But in any case, we need a ruling on French's disarm shot.

I'm waiting on that before I go ahead with any IC...

Once we get that I can IC

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2954 on: <09-30-15/1715:55> »
Ah sorry, didn't realize I was the last one. Since this is my first foray into subdual territory, what's the appropriate action here? If someone would be so kind. I'm also a bit unfamiliar with this teamwork business (the rules, not the concept in general).