NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2865 on: <09-16-15/0800:56> »
The real question is if the guy in chemical sealed armor can throw himself on them...
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2866 on: <09-16-15/0830:22> »
@Tribes
before Al replies to Pinion, maybe I should roll some dice.

I'll make Navigation and Puyallup Barrens knowledge tests to see if Al can think of a way back that was less arduous/hazardous than the way we came...

Nav
Att + skill = 9 dice
Navigation: 9d6t5 4

Puyallup Barrens knowledge
Att + skill = 8 dice
Puyallup Barrens knowledge: 8d6t5 2

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2867 on: <09-16-15/1524:43> »
How are these attacks resolved? Are those thrown weapons you can dodge or AOE weapons you can only avoid with a Run for cover Interrupt action?
AOE...although there's no cover to run to...the attackers are in the 'gas' area themselves...well, liquid splashes and powder coating everything...  8)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2868 on: <09-16-15/1527:04> »
@Tribes

I'll make Navigation and Puyallup Barrens knowledge tests to see if Al can think of a way back that was less arduous/hazardous than the way we came...

Nav
Att + skill = 9 dice

Att + skill = 8 dice
Yeah ok, both reasonable rolls...you think I'm going to give you an answer?!?   ::) ...feel free to look at the Google Map and the 2072/DDH sources and let me know... there may be less direct routes which will take you out of Hells Kitchen sooner...that of course means there will be more people to contend with so depends what sort of hazards you want to face!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2869 on: <09-16-15/1537:32> »
How are these attacks resolved? Are those thrown weapons you can dodge or AOE weapons you can only avoid with a Run for cover Interrupt action?
AOE...although there's no cover to run to...the attackers are in the 'gas' area themselves...well, liquid splashes and powder coating everything...  8)

So, no way to avoid them? Then we are basically fucked.

But just out of interest: Do those guys all wear full chemical seals? Because even if they are immune to what they use, they are only secure from one dose. Or are those guys just suicide bombers and the real enemy comes after the dust settles... so to speak.
« Last Edit: <09-16-15/1637:48> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2870 on: <09-16-15/1645:58> »
@Aria, CoP - Are you just looking at my attack roll? I didn't post actual DV as it was unimportant by that point. I got 6 hits, so 6 damage - 3 absorb +1 from ISaint's shot is 4, which is enough to break the barrier right? But that's not even counting my actual unarmed DV, which is 14P. So unless there's something rules-wise that I'm not understanding, the barrier is quite gone.

@Tribal - haven't had a chance to catch up yet. Will finish France and brb.

@Adamu - the garden this morning was a bit sad. It was rainy, cold, and dark all day until about 3 PM. But still, the Louvre.
« Last Edit: <09-16-15/1653:45> by pistolgrip »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2871 on: <09-16-15/1740:04> »

So, no way to avoid them? Then we are basically fucked.

But just out of interest: Do those guys all wear full chemical seals? Because even if they are immune to what they use, they are only secure from one dose. Or are those guys just suicide bombers and the real enemy comes after the dust settles... so to speak.
In a manner of speaking... No chem seals here... They are getting high on their own chemical concoctions as you butcher them!

@Pistol: ah, ok, noted, barrier gone, the others might not thank you for it as all 5 attacks will apply to everyone now... Except you that is  ::)

So I'm not being completely mean the attacks on the far side of the barrier will be at half strength due to being slowed...
« Last Edit: <09-16-15/1742:41> by Aria »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2872 on: <09-16-15/1803:07> »
According to this new information I have edited my post: Adrenaline Boost for +2 Ini and instead of Full Defense I'm going Full Offense now:
3 short bursts at the heads of our attackers, before next round reduces me to a puking wreck.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #2873 on: <09-16-15/1820:26> »
Never 'fucked.' Not till the last breath!

But it is tight! Al can't take another Pepper hit without getting the Nausea effect - three turns of total incapacitation (= death or worse).

BUT - Aria already said that these are one-hit wonders - so ongoing exposure to a particular dose is not going to take us out.
So we just need to make sure we don't get hit by many more doses.

So I think Jack's move is the best - as in, best defense is good offense!

Anyway, we still have solid, as yet unresolved attacks from Al, Spike, and French's first pass.
Then, for the second pass we have unresolved attacks from Isaint, and Al, Spike and French will all get a second pass before the first volley of drugs take effect. And Jackhammer, whose barrier smash may be more effective than we thought, has more passes this first turn as well, and he's fully protected from chem.

So hopefully there will be a lot of dead "throwers" by then...and then Jack is probably right...probably a follow-on attack after we are softened up.

But hey, if it's not a nailbiter, why play?

Having a great time!

Will post second-pass actions once first pass resolved.
« Last Edit: <09-16-15/1822:17> by adamu »

adamu

« Reply #2874 on: <09-16-15/1825:42> »

@Adamu - the garden this morning was a bit sad. It was rainy, cold, and dark all day until about 3 PM. But still, the Louvre.

Well now I feel bad I wasted your time.
But I'll blame the weather.

So you liked the Louvre? When I was there I had to choose between Louvre (huge line) and Pompidou Centre (no line), so I went with Pompidou. Never been less impressed with a museum. So sounds like I should have gone for the Louvre!

adamu

« Reply #2875 on: <09-16-15/1845:48> »
@Tribes

Nav
Att + skill = 9 dice

Att + skill = 8 dice
Yeah ok, both reasonable rolls...you think I'm going to give you an answer?!?   ::) ...feel free to look at the Google Map and the 2072/DDH sources and let me know... there may be less direct routes which will take you out of Hells Kitchen sooner...that of course means there will be more people to contend with so depends what sort of hazards you want to face!

Hmmm - well, I hope this doesn't mean next time Al rolls automotive mechanic to fix a car I get referred to some real-life car schamatics...Al is the one with Navigation skills...I can no more read a map than I can take out spirits with Killing Hands.
But I am nonetheless game!

What my intention is to use those skills to fine a route that might give us some help on the fatigue/survival rolls.

I don't doubt there are threats any route we take - though I do want to avoid obvious ghoul warrens.
So, there's a little subdivision to the west of Coplar Creek, and there is a larger built up area to the northeast of that. Both are within the Hell's Kitchen boundary, so I'll assume there are no "normal" habitations there. But all that ruined infrastructure could be someone's home, and no one we want to meet.
So what say we take a direct course back up until about the halfway point, then go just very slightly off a straight line back, bearing northwest between those two spots, keeping as far from them as possible?
That will be just a bit longer, but should also take us to Pioneer Way, which goes straight back to the Castle, is a big enough road there might be enough of it left to ease our passage back, but doesn't seem to have a lot of build-up along it on that stretch.

Again, if by these efforts/rolls we can just score some bonuses on our upcoming fatigue/survival tests, then happy happy.

And yeah, as Jack suggested, if taking turns riding the mule helps with those rolls, we should do that as well.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2876 on: <09-16-15/1930:53> »
I put my second pass up.
The Frenchman had given his coat to the Doc, so he has a Chemical protection of 4.

Thanks to Edge the Frenchman won't be incapacitated at the end of the turn. but -4 to Dice Pools ouch.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2877 on: <09-17-15/0422:14> »
@CoP - sorry about spreading the gas, guys. I'll get a post up next wifi I find.

@adamu - Yeah, the Louvre was pretty cool. I saw the line, went to Tiqets.com on my phone, bought a ticket, then just picked it up at the news stand just outside the metro. Skipped the whole line. Easy peasy.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2878 on: <09-17-15/0426:12> »
Loved the Louvre... Set a really good scene in the underground pyramid hall for the original CoP on DS ;D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2879 on: <09-17-15/0849:34> »
@CoP:

Here’s what I’ve got so far…correct me if you think something else!

Pre Combat: Alchemy barrier, Below 1-8 on leading edge of barrier, Below 9-13 on rear side of barrier

1/1
Below 1: Pepper attack
Below 2: Aisa attack
Below 3: Dopadrine attack
Below 4-8: ???
Below 9: 2 ‘CS’ gas attack
Isaint: shoots Below 9
Al: shoots Below 2
Spike: bites Below 1
The Frenchman: shoots Below 10
Jackhammer: punches the barrier out of existence
Tobbis: ???
Frisk / Tabor: Turning back to the fray, attacks Below 4 & 5
Family [Richard, Rachel, Natasha, William]: gawp, then puke, claw at eyes etc…
Below 10-13 ???

1/2
Isaint: shoots (kills dead) Below 1
Al: shoots Below 3
Frenchman:

1/3
Isaint shoots Below 2 (yeah, you guessed it!)

Pepper / CS/ Dopadrine kick in!  Likely min –1D to physical actions, possibly disorientation (-2D), possibly nausea (you’re screwed!), don’t forget the stun damage from pepper & CS

2/1

2/2

2/3

3/1

3/2

3/3

Aisa kicks in -2D due to disorientation, hallucinations etc…