NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2850 on: <09-14-15/1020:02> »
I made a vitals shot against the guy on the other side of the barrier.
The barrier has 4 structure and 4 armor
Armor is ignored thanks to AP
The structure only created one hit and therefore reduced the damage by one

I'm not sure if that only disrupts the barrier for a round or completely.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2851 on: <09-14-15/1155:59> »
Ok CoPers, time for the chemical soup!!!  These are all aoe attacks so will need you all to resist the ones on your side of the barrier… (this includes Spike who might be less willing to do anything other than scratch the nasty shit off his skin!!!)

Body+Will+Various Chemical Protections (internal air, chem seals etc)…not sure if multiple protections stack if the toxin has multiple vectors and I suspect you should only get the highest rating against something with multiple vectors (otherwise the more virulent toxins get shafted by having multiple ways of attacking…?), there may be an FAQ or RAW statement somewhere?!?  If you get power down to 0 then the secondary effects don’t take place…

So, Isaint, Al and Spike: 1 dose of the equivalent of Pepper Punch (Power 11, Contact/inhalation, speed 1 turn, Nausea, Stun damage), 1 dose of ‘weaponised’ Aisa (Power 15, Ingestion inhalation, speed 3 turns, lasts 20+2D6 minutes and causes disorientation, take 2S unresisted when it wears off, the power is a guestimate on my part as drugs don’t seem to have them?!?), 1 dose of ‘weaponised’ Dopadrine (Power 20, Contact, speed 1 turn, cancels Berserk, –1D to all physical actions)

Tobbis, Frenchman, Jackhammer: 2 doses of the equivalent of CS (Power 8(9!), Contact/inhalation, speed 1 turn, Disorientation, Nausea, Stun damage)…roll once to resist both doses at power 9.

As Jackhammer is currently on holiday I’ll roll for him…

Yeah… I’m a nasty GM ;D

Will look up barrier stuff in a bit!

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #2852 on: <09-14-15/1222:49> »
Aria - thank for the details on the chem attacks. Will get all my rolls up for that tonight and apply damage and mods!

One question - away from book, but I believe the wording on internal air is that it provides complete immunity from inhalation vector attacks.
Simple enough, but what about the pepper, which combines inhalation and contact vector?
I am assuming you do NOT want to allow your suggested "only get the highest rating"...although I'd be delighted if you did...
I am thinking therefore cut the power in half?

But also, would cybereyes increase resistance to pepper and/or CS?

Also, are the Aisa and Dopadrine P or S damage?

And...I see now how the team is split by the barrier, and I assume our two clown guides are on the same side as Isaint/Al. Is the whole family on the French/Tobbis/Jackhammer side, or are they split as well?
« Last Edit: <09-14-15/1225:26> by adamu »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2853 on: <09-14-15/1236:29> »
Family are split, I think it says in the IC who is where...

The drugs don't do any damage, only the secondary effects if you don't reduce the power to 0

Internal air makes you immune to the inhalation part, not the contact part...for that you can use chem protection...so no halving please :P ...don't think cybereyes will make you any more immune (at least by RAW)... there's a vague chance that all these nasty effects will bring you more in line with 'regular Joes'  :o

Have looked up barrier rules...bullets are crap at destroying them, really good at going through them...so Isaint's bullet did one structure damage, and one damage less to the very dead guy the other side...look at Penetrating Weapons on the page after the one quoted by Jack...it will take some concerted effort to knock this spell down, it isn't even disrupted so it might flicker and seem to go out but is back immediately afterwards...think yourselves lucky, if it wasn't there you'd all take all 5 chem attacks!!!

adamu

« Reply #2854 on: <09-14-15/1349:16> »
Cool beans!
Thanks for the rulings and clarifications.
Will get my rolls up once the kids are in bed!

Finally, speed of one combat turn takes place at end of next combat turn.
But it is my understanding that these attacks hit us pre-initiative, I assume the current combat turn is the "next" combat turn, so we will be affected at end of this current turn.

IC has the family all together helping Natasha walk, no not sure which ones are on which side of the barrier...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2855 on: <09-14-15/1431:06> »

The two harlequins are in the lead (some 10m ahead), Isaint, Al, Rachel and William are on the leading edge of the barrier, there are 8 potential hostiles this side (three have thrown something), no thorn tattoos!  There are 5 potential hostiles on the far side of the barrier (only one person threw something this side)
There you go, knew I'd written it somewhere!

The alchemy was the pre combat, these guys are effectively delayed actions in the first round... Not exactly RAW but seems reasonable to me!

adamu

« Reply #2856 on: <09-14-15/1746:50> »
Cool - that's what I figured about the timing.

Sorry not to have looked back at the OOC carefully enough on the positions of people!

And sorry about so many questions - this is going to be another very tricky one to survive, so just needing as much data as I can get!

So for Al:
The Pepper is the real killer - will try to minimize as much as possible by Pushing Limit with a point of Edge.
Bod + Will + Edge = 14 dice
Pepper resist, Pushing Limit: 14d6h5 7
Sweet and very lucky - that'll be 4S, and not in excess of my Willpower, so no killer Nausea.

The Aisa is inhalation, so completely immune with internal air.

The Dopadrine there is no possible way I'll get it to zero, so I'll take the effect.

For Spike:
Pepper
Bod + Will = 9 dice
Spike Pepper resist: 9d6t5 3
He'll use one Edge to re-roll fails.
Rerolling Pepper resist fails: 6d6t5 2
So that will be 6S, and he'll have the "nausea" - fluff-wise he'll just do what you suggested, and what real dogs do when peppered - freak out and try to get the stuff out of his face.

For the Aisa and Dopadrine, again, no way to get it to zero, so he'll take those effects as well.

Good news is we've got until the end of this combat turn before the game effects hit us (though I'll IC the agony right now!).
Already declared their first actions of the turn.
Will declare Al and Spike's second actions once I get resolution on the first pass actions, but it will certainly involve getting out of the Pepper, unless we want to literally die within a few combat turns!

Hopefully the throwers themselves are outside the Area of Effect, in which case Spike, though already good and dosed, will already be out of the area due to closing to melee one of them. Al will likely close to melee as well on his second action.

As for Rachel and William, however bad they get hit, they should still be mobile for this first combat turn, and hopefully they'll motorvate themselves out of the Pepper cloud as well!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2857 on: <09-15-15/0812:52> »
@Aria

I'm not entirely happy with these surprise situations. I know it's complicated enough to handle that ruleswise without it being a pbp, but so far my Danger Sense ability hasn't done me any good.

Rather than complicate the game, I'd therefore ask if I may exchange Danger Sense for Adrenalin Boost, both being 0,25 point powers.
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2858 on: <09-15-15/0927:33> »
@Aria

I'm not entirely happy with these surprise situations. I know it's complicated enough to handle that ruleswise without it being a pbp, but so far my Danger Sense ability hasn't done me any good.

Rather than complicate the game, I'd therefore ask if I may exchange Danger Sense for Adrenalin Boost, both being 0,25 point powers.
Fair enough! I'll admit I can't always keep PC passive powers in my head and they get neglected, apologies! Feel free to change the power and I'll try to occasionally give you 'danger sense' as a freebie! That said, your 'spider senses' have been on high alert since meeting the flowers  ::)

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2859 on: <09-15-15/1723:05> »
@Jack - thanks for the clarification. For some reason I thought barriers had Force x2 structure, and I probably thought a lot of other random things as well. But what I meant to say about the bullet and such was that, the way I'd figure it, shattering the barrier would reduce the DV of the bullet by the full structure rating of the barrier. I'm not sure why I think that, but it probably has something to do with hazy understanding of 4E rules, 5E rules, and pre-existing personal bias.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2860 on: <09-15-15/1826:46> »
My body armor has a chemical seal which is a free action to activate via wireless. I'm not sure how that all works, so I rolled the resistance test anyway. Does that resist both (9-4 + 9-4) or just one (9+9-4)? Hopefully it doesn't matter because, dang.

adamu

« Reply #2861 on: <09-15-15/1847:02> »
Wow - look at Jackhammer go - chem seal badassery and takes on the barrier!

Caution to all though - tempting as it may be to link up, that will mean crossing into new chemical fields - might be best to continue to scatter outward at first until it dissipates, or risk additional exposure....

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2862 on: <09-16-15/0238:18> »
My body armor has a chemical seal which is a free action to activate via wireless. I'm not sure how that all works, so I rolled the resistance test anyway. Does that resist both (9-4 + 9-4) or just one (9+9-4)? Hopefully it doesn't matter because, dang.
Chem seal makes you immune to contact and inhalation vectors! Unlike normal toxin attacks these are all one hit wonders, not that your characters know that!

The barrier got 3 hits to resist damage so it flickers but will then regen...as Al pointed out, extra toxin spread might want to be avoided for a couple of rounds! Rest assured they will be flinging more crap at you, but my IC opportunities are disappearing fast this week so might have to leave you cliff hanging for a bit, sorry  :-\
« Last Edit: <09-16-15/0242:20> by Aria »

adamu

« Reply #2863 on: <09-16-15/0626:43> »
Rest assured they will be flinging more crap at you,

Yikes! This stuff is indeed nasty.
But wouldn't want anything less!

Hopefully, though, once (first pass) attacks from Al, Spike, French and (second pass) Isaint are resolved, there will be slightly fewer crap throwers out there!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2864 on: <09-16-15/0631:43> »
How are these attacks resolved? Are those thrown weapons you can dodge or AOE weapons you can only avoid with a Run for cover Interrupt action?
talk think matrix