NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2820 on: <09-09-15/1643:08> »
Ive started a spin off thread for Kinkerbell and Scytheknight... <<IC Thread>>... Adamu, you may or may not want to read it as it mentions Al, I've kept it to hints rather than spoilers so I leave it to you...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #2821 on: <09-09-15/1907:05> »
Would...not...miss it!

adamu

« Reply #2822 on: <09-10-15/0840:30> »
 Skill + Att + medkit rating = 13 dice - Aria please take off for negative mods.
Hits beyond threshold of 2 take off a box of stun.
First Aid to get Natasha conscious: 13d6t5 4

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2823 on: <09-10-15/1238:27> »
@CoP: As you can see, didn't get as far with the IC as I wanted to, hopefully more tomorrow but you might have some more questions or observations for me to pick up with that anyway and I don't want to rush you in to something...!

@TB: Hope to get more up for you too before the weekend...

adamu

« Reply #2824 on: <09-10-15/1434:25> »
1. Did the first aid at least get Natasha conscious?

2. And, we are still underground, but outside of the Nightside Market, is that right?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2825 on: <09-10-15/1607:23> »
1. Did the first aid at least get Natasha conscious?

2. And, we are still underground, but outside of the Nightside Market, is that right?
She took 14Stun! I can't find it anywhere but I'm assuming narcojet won't overflow to physical...other than stim patch not sure you can heal stun, but happy to say you've done the equivalent of a stim with your kit, she's still unconscious though  ???

Still underground! On the edge of Nightside near where you came in originally, but still officially inside the market!
« Last Edit: <09-10-15/1649:44> by Aria »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2826 on: <09-10-15/1748:53> »
Ups, yeah about that: Narcoject can become physical. That's one of the reasons why for example Pepperpunch will likely kill you if you don't move out of the cloud: You become unconscious and start taking physical damage.  ::)

Well, at least she is stable and won't die of heart failure.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2827 on: <09-10-15/1836:02> »
The problem with healing Stun damage is that both First Aid and the Heal spell explicitly state healing boxes of Physical Damage.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2828 on: <09-10-15/1957:33> »
SK - I think that was true in earlier editions, but check out bottom of p205 core book, where using first aid for Stun damage is explicitly allowed.

Now, if Narcoject can spill over to physical (I agree with Jack on that), then she is exactly maxed on stun, which means using first aid and healing just one box of Stun should leave her feeling like crap but conscious and able to move under her own power, which could be key for us in a pinch..

Of course I will concede that if GM rules negative conditions, subtracting dice from my roll, I may not have the one net hit I need to do that. If so, so be it.
However, even a few dice off for negative conditions could have been offset if any of the family had had first aid skill and aided with teamwork - not an unreasonable skill for educated, well off people to have...

And to clarify one point - I am NOT using a stim patch. For the same reason Isaint didn't. I have those, and they'll wake her up for a short while, but then she'll crash harder than before.

So to sum up, per the rules, she should be conscious and mobile if there is even one net hit from my roll (four successes).
Because the mods are up to the GM, I am not sure what the outcome was.

That's why I went for the first aid option - it actually heals boxes.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2829 on: <09-10-15/2023:13> »
Ahh right. Yeah it's hard because so many things say different, and often conflicting, things.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2830 on: <09-11-15/0353:15> »
If you'd accept, I can support you with a modest leadership test.
Leadership: Direct: 5d6t5 1 [5d6t5=1, 4, 3, 5, 3]

I leave general modifiers out of that since Al being friendly towards Isaint would give me another +2, the desired result is Advantageous to Al +1 and Isaint has as of late a street rep of +9 ;)
(Yeah, those rules are kinda messed up)

Generally we probably have poor conditions (Street, or wilderness) (-2)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2831 on: <09-11-15/0915:52> »
Hmmm, seem to have lost the OoC post, ah well:

@CoP, the attack is taking some liberties for pbp purposes, would probably do things differently tabletop, but them’s the breaks, you should all be hard enough to deal with it :P …at least I’m not asking for surprise checks!

The barrier is a force 4 alchemical spell, it fills the tunnel, if you are near a book please feel free to look up rules for breaking it down, I can’t at the moment… party order is based on a rough guess based on what you’ve said before, can change it if I really have to!

The two harlequins are in the lead (some 10m ahead), Isaint, Al, Rachel and William are on the leading edge of the barrier, there are 8 potential hostiles this side (three have thrown something), no thorn tattoos!  There are 5 potential hostiles on the far side of the barrier (only one person threw something this side)

The attacks are chemical based in powder or liquid form (and I’m not telling you what yet <insert evil grin> ), I’ll get you to make some resistance rolls when I’m back near my books!  If you can point me at old rolls then fine, otherwise can I get initiative from you all?  Some chem resistance rolls, other useful rolls as you see fit, and no doubt declarations of horrible pain to be inflicted on your assailants!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2832 on: <09-11-15/0941:48> »
Whoops, I was to hasty again. Damn, it seems as if Aria has found the only really useful application of alchemy: Being unable to geek the mage causing the trouble.

Physical Barrier
(Environmental, Area)
Type: P Range: LOS (A)
Duration: S Drain: F - 1
This spell creates a glowing, translucent force field with 1 point of both Armor and Structure rating per hit. You can form the barrier as a dome with a radius and height equal to the spell’s normal radius. Alternately, you can use it to form a wall with a height equal to the spell’s Force and a length equal to its Force x 2. Physical Barrier creates a physical wall. Anything the size of a molecule (or less) can pass through the barrier, including air or other gases. Anything bigger treats the barrier as a normal physical wall. The wall is translucent but shimmers, the equivalent of Light Fog (p. 175). The barrier does not impede spellcasting (other than visibility penalties), except for spells with physical components like indirect combat spells. The barrier can be brought down by physical attacks, but as long as you sustain it will regenerate all of its Structure Rating at the beginning of each Combat Turn. If the barrier is reduced to Structure Rating 0, it collapses and the spell ends.

Shooting
Through Barriers
If an attacker wants to shoot through a barrier and hit a defender on the other side, a few things need to be determined. A defender using the barrier as cover receives a defense bonus for cover. If the defender is completely hidden behind the barrier, the attacker suffers a –6 Blind Fire dice pool modifier for not being able to see his intended target, but the hidden defender is considered unaware of the attack. If the barrier between the attacker and defender is transparent, like bullet resistant glass, there is no cover or obstruction to sight, but the attack must penetrate the barrier to reach the defender (see Penetration Weapons, p. 198). If the barrier takes the hit first, the gamemaster rolls Structure + Armor to resist the damage, and the structure takes any unresisted damage. If the Structure rating is exceeded by the damage it suffers, any remaining damage is transferred to the target behind the barrier. If the weapon’s modified Damage Value does not exceed the barrier’s Armor rating (modified by the weapon’s AP), then the weapon is simply not strong enough to pierce the barrier, and the attack automatically fails.

So I'll shoot through the barrier and bring it down for the round while the target behind benefits from its soak. Seems fair.

All edits done.
« Last Edit: <09-11-15/0946:45> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2833 on: <09-11-15/1220:03> »
Unsurprisingly that attacker is a fine red mist! ...but are you really turning your back on the greater number of assailants to shoot past the 'half seen' family members you are protecting?

I admit I'm a bit hazy on the barrier rules but it seems that shooting through the barrier will either destroy it (unlikely?!?) or not affect it all?!?  ...guess I need to re-read those rules about structure damage, not something that comes up often in any game I've played in :P

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2834 on: <09-11-15/1224:58> »
Well, it's more a whipping around followed by a roll, since I'll probably go on full defense.

With a normal barrier I'd say yes it's only a hole, but the force barrier explicitly states that it collapses if it takes enough damage.
talk think matrix