NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #2790 on: <09-05-15/0448:12> »
For those of you who don't know, I live in the states. I've never been outside of them. In two days I catch a plane for France where I hope to avoid internet activity for two weeks. Until a few days ago I hadn't planned on going, but due to recent events, plans have changed. So unfortunately I will be unavailable to post for that time. Sorry to do that to two games. I'm going to curse the headache of catching up when I get back, but I think it's the best thing to do.

But really, someone send me a private message if it's important. I don't want to miss a TPK or anything.

Dude - that rocks!

It;s been thirty years since I was last in France, and I still remember how incredibly beautiful some parts of Paris were.
Have a great time!

We'll keep the home fires burning (though hopefully not literally).

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2791 on: <09-05-15/0619:06> »
For those of you who don't know, I live in the states. I've never been outside of them. In two days I catch a plane for France where I hope to avoid internet activity for two weeks. Until a few days ago I hadn't planned on going, but due to recent events, plans have changed. So unfortunately I will be unavailable to post for that time. Sorry to do that to two games. I'm going to curse the headache of catching up when I get back, but I think it's the best thing to do.

But really, someone send me a private message if it's important. I don't want to miss a TPK or anything.
Have a great time! Having lived there myself for a bit I know what a lovely place it can be!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2792 on: <09-05-15/0624:53> »
@Aria
Ok. There's only the question what happened to Solo's face through the powder.
Unspecified nastiness, depending on whether Solo wants to make a reappearance!  ::)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2793 on: <09-05-15/0656:18> »
Oh... :o
This ballistic face mask really was worth every NY.  8)
Time to leave the Nightside behind - really, really fast.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #2794 on: <09-05-15/0923:00> »
@Aria; I assume the boat checks out fine? If so, cog will head down the boat
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2795 on: <09-05-15/1802:19> »
@Aria; I assume the boat checks out fine? If so, cog will head down the boat
Yep!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2796 on: <09-05-15/1803:24> »
You did hear the bit about them only trying to kill you once you left Nightside, right?

adamu

« Reply #2797 on: <09-05-15/2027:30> »
@CoP - yeah, I am honestly trying to figure all this out.

The troll said "no blood in Nightside."

But what is Nightside?

Is it all the underground "world" outside of the more openly commercialized Underplex north of the Thames?

Is it just everything under the Lambeth Containment Zone?

I read Kinkerbell's writeup again, and this place we are in seems to be the "Nightside market" which in turn is the "most interesting place in Shadow's Folly" which near as I can tell was a particular community we were originally making for on our way to somewhere much farther away called Earl's Court (which seems even freakier than where we are now).

So is it the market we're to understand they won't try to kill us in, and after we leave the "market" they can come after us?

In that case guys, we would want to stay in the market???
But in this place where violence is somehow forbidden to all, they stole our girl with a spell and nuked one our friends with magic dust that made him scream and claw at his face, and then put some sort of delayed action death sentence on us.

So near as I can tell, as long as we stay in the market, we can't do violence to them, but there is nothing stopping them from cutting loose on us whenever it suits them or some weird set of rules says it's okay.

But I'll admit, this place is still totally baffling.

Good news, Aria has only cleared us to get "through" not "out" of the market, and also to make our rendezvous with Requiem/clowns. Maybe once we meet some relatively friendly locals we can get some good advice (toward getting out of here and toward our as yet unspecified meet with eTher - THAT is what we are aiming for - eyes on the prize!).

So I'm about to IC our team linking back up together.

Maybe someone else take us as far as meeting the clowns before the weekend is out?

adamu

« Reply #2798 on: <09-05-15/2057:35> »
@Tribes - okay I won't be posting tomorrow, so here are the requested rolls before the weekend is over.

For survival, there's a plus two dice for bringing proper gear (everyone's got masks, and Al at least brought his survival kit), but there's a minus two for terrible weather. Cancels out.

Not sure if Aria is applying a separate extended travel mod (is four hours extended?), since asking for a separate fatigue roll.

So as usual, Aria, adjust dice as needed!

Also not sure of the threshhold applied, but here goes:

Att + Skill + 1 die from teamwork = 8 dice
Team Survival roll: 8d6t5 5
Sweet!

Then Al's own fatigue roll
Bod + Will = 7 dice
Outgoing Fatigue roll: 7d6t5 2
So I think that means 2S damage to Al.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2799 on: <09-06-15/0400:11> »
You did hear the bit about them only trying to kill you once you left Nightside, right?

Yeah, but at least we can do likewise. Maybe we should broadcast a message of what happened and embarrass the Flower House with the fact that first they try to kidnap a little girl, than get there ass handed to them and now are trying to have the rest of Nightside do what their incompetent enforcers couldn't.

After all they are a house in competition with other houses. I'm sure one of them would love to stab them in the back.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2800 on: <09-06-15/1503:46> »
@Tribals - I'd like to post my arrival as well, but how is everyone getting there? Do we all have rides? Did we steal Al's truck? If not, can we do so without him knowing?

ChromeZephyr

• Newb
  • Listen much, talk little
« Reply #2801 on: <09-06-15/2252:44> »
@Tribals - I'd like to post my arrival as well, but how is everyone getting there? Do we all have rides? Did we steal Al's truck? If not, can we do so without him knowing?

Scrap will be on his Triumph, so no truck-boosting shenanigans on my end.  :D

adamu

« Reply #2802 on: <09-07-15/0148:52> »

Yeah, but at least we can do likewise. Maybe we should broadcast a message of what happened and embarrass the Flower House with the fact that first they try to kidnap a little girl, than get there ass handed to them and now are trying to have the rest of Nightside do what their incompetent enforcers couldn't.

After all they are a house in competition with other houses. I'm sure one of them would love to stab them in the back.

Definitely worth a try!

Of course, probably someone will just scoff at us and tell us how us ignorant overworlders know nothing of the underdark's sacred ways and traditions.
I think we're about to link up with the clowns - we might ask them if it's a good idea.

adamu

« Reply #2803 on: <09-07-15/0151:50> »

Dude, that would be hilarious!

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #2804 on: <09-07-15/0424:39> »
cog took his own dirt bike, he did send a group message out offering up the pillion seat but noone took it up so he's solo
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor