NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #2625 on: <08-19-15/0959:08> »
Do we want to handle the negotiations ooc for a bit rather than back and forth?!?  Anyone want anything mentioning beyond Al's 3 points?

I don't particularly want to negotiate with myself either if anyone wants to volunteer for being the doc's voice?

I would suggest just maybe an initial offer from eTher IC, to provide some meat for any players that are into the whole negotiating thing, so they have a chance to IC something juicy back to support their social dice, and then haggle out any fine points OOC (that way anyone can have a quick say if they want a revision without gumming up the process too much).

As for the Doc's voice, I already had my fun being Jay...
« Last Edit: <08-19-15/1819:39> by adamu »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2626 on: <08-19-15/1113:47> »
Does my sheet check out?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2627 on: <08-19-15/1116:33> »
By the way since obi and trisk seem to have caught up. I am back on the posting, will still try to be sensitive to SK points.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #2628 on: <08-19-15/1234:45> »
@TB

Hey guys.  Aria, noted to use this as the ooc thread, null sweat.

Apologies for not jumping on the posting yet to carry on conversations.  With my work schedule, can be difficult some days.  I am shooting to put a post up this evening.  :)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2629 on: <08-19-15/1239:39> »
Does my sheet check out?
Haven't had a chance to 'fine tooth comb' it, and probably won't :P  If you could add it to the post with your original sheet (both in spoilers) would save me re-linking it, just in case you ever need to refer to the original sheet in this OoC wall!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #2630 on: <08-19-15/1915:56> »
@Tribal - @SK - dude, what does the yellow text stand for?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2631 on: <08-19-15/1929:11> »
@Tribal - @SK - dude, what does the yellow text stand for?

Me being a doofus and misclicking  ::)
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2632 on: <08-20-15/0034:57> »
Heh. Vicki already knows where he is. Don't worry, she won't kill him. If things don't pan out well with GN though, he might not be much of a mage when she's done with him. Essence drain is permanent, IIRC.

Also, heeeeeeere she comes!

Edit: Damn it. Computer restarted mid post. Have to rewrite everything and right this second I just don't have it in me. Will do so in the AM.
« Last Edit: <08-20-15/0257:35> by Kinkerbell »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2633 on: <08-20-15/0306:41> »
@KB, that sucks when that happens, I strongly suggest working with google docs so that this cannot ever happen as you usually make long and detailed posts that you obviously take a lot of effort in.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2634 on: <08-20-15/0824:53> »
What does the doc want to achieve?
At this point he probably just wants to be alive tomorrow morning and with his family!  He's not going to be all that picky and NeoNet seem to offer a good place for him to continue his work...and on the face of it they don't seem to be trying to kill him! 

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2635 on: <08-20-15/0836:19> »
So basically he wants eTher words to give him and his family cooperate style accommodation - I thought he wants to be rich. I guess these recent complications made him modest. Okay I don't mind playing him Kinkerbell might also have a blast playing him, as she does not have a character on sight. If she does not want to I'll play him with pleasure.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2636 on: <08-20-15/1231:14> »
@TB: Google maps of the Tribal area here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@47.267003,-122.3005715,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1sz1I6Tz-427Ho.kG-ym3eh1_0Y?hl=en

It’s a work in progress so bear with me.  Google Earth will give you some idea of the topography, the eastern bank of Puyallup river, where the castle is, is quite a bit higher than the town itself.

@All: I’ve got a long weekend coming up, might manage to get some OoC responses out but doubt I’ll get any IC until next week, sorry :P

adamu

« Reply #2637 on: <08-20-15/1610:08> »
@TB: Google maps of the Tribal area here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@47.267003,-122.3005715,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1sz1I6Tz-427Ho.kG-ym3eh1_0Y?hl=en

It’s a work in progress so bear with me.  Google Earth will give you some idea of the topography, the eastern bank of Puyallup river, where the castle is, is quite a bit higher than the town itself.

Map is some sort of restricted access. Have sent a request for permission.

EDIT: Yikes. I then got an e-mail that give me an ominous "your request has failed permanently"....
Is it just my terrible computer skills, or can anyone else see the map?

Maps fun.
« Last Edit: <08-20-15/1613:59> by adamu »

adamu

« Reply #2638 on: <08-20-15/1619:04> »
@Circles - sounds like a great deal to me.

Especially since it totally doesn't matter, really, what she offers the team - we don't get "paid" per se anyway.

Aria has basically said the Doc will like the deal, so I guess the team is all waiting for him to speak first...is that going to be Kink or gilga? I don't think it's going to be too epic - I vote for whoever is logged on next!

Any thoughts on Hampstead Heath?
No doubt it has enough open spaces. And so huge, it's not like an ambush could easily be set without knowing exactly where in there we were planning on doing the handover...

Is there an update on it in the London book, or is it pretty much like now - giant giant freaking park in North London, various terrain types mixing sculpted and wild areas, and surrounded by very wealthy residential areas?

Anyone know how far it is from our current underground location?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2639 on: <08-20-15/1632:22> »
Zeppelin is no good for Solo with SK bringing armed helicopter Zeppelin can become a death trap very quickly - let them crush their Zeppelin when the package is their own responsibility. We want a highly maneuverable helicopter - piloted by our own rigger (that can have their people on it so we don't just steal a chopper)  to land on an helipad of their chose. I imagine armed choppers to be able to land in more places and be a lot safer for the doctor and his family than a Zeppelin that can be shot down with light weapons.