NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2520 on: <08-14-15/1149:17> »
Well you have the language and my Italian is functional at best. NYC looks like a really nice location, we are thinking of applying for a temp job there for a couple of years. At least we'll speak the language. 

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2521 on: <08-14-15/1215:48> »
Ok folks, not sure that I’ve got any more IC in me this week…so that you can keep on posting if you wish I’m happy to hand over the IC negotiations with ‘J’ based on the following assumptions:

1.   You won’t end up accepting his offer based on previous comments from Al etc that you won’t ‘sell’ the family.  That is precisely what J wants you to do…and he’s being generous (perhaps too generous???)
2.   The Doc doesn’t want to work for the NDM (and just what is their interest in his prediction work anyway???), they have ties to the Gov but they aren’t actually government!
3.   There isn’t an attack squad outside the hotel (yet)…Adamu wasn’t far wrong in his summation of the NDM’s reach down here…they could hire a runner team but there aren’t going to be many out there that can match you lot!  Once you get above ground…

So, hope that gives you enough to play with…feel free to string him along!  If you want to interrogate the dwarf outside he’s a freelance tracker… no loyalty to the NDM… assuming you don’t just kill him outright… :P

The Tribal Beats IC will be going live in a moment too!  Enjoy!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2522 on: <08-14-15/1516:13> »
Guys, I'm back! Have some catching up to do, but will assume everyone is still alive by then?
If someone want to quickly brief me on what happened, that would be appreciated!

Game on.

PS: what does Solo look like? didn't find any description anywhere...
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2523 on: <08-14-15/1528:11> »
Hi, nice to have you back.

What happened:

We walked through the Underground, Goodnight bickered a bit with Isaint (big surprise) and we met up with a troupe of magic harlequins out to hunt Shedim. They graciously accompanied us to the market so we wouldn't be Karma drained by the seething mass of incorporeal evil ghosts. Solo hacked the clowns and stole some data from them. When we reached the market we had a little stand off because of that but Solo managed to convince them that he was worth more alive than dead to them.
Goodnights sister Victoria met up with us there just in time to prevent her sister from killing Nitro. That came about because both realized they had met before and Nitro was indirectly responsible that Goodnight ended up as a sex slave to the Vory.
Victoria knocked her out and the team moved on to a secure hotel called "Nacht". After regrouping, resting and resupplying, Al called his NeoNET  and Victoria her Draco Foundation contact. While we waited for a reply a representative of the government affiliated neo druids appeared from the astral and wants to conduct negotiations after admitting that they were the guys who sent the elemental spirits after us.
We stalled him a bit but now will lead unsuccessful negotiations.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2524 on: <08-14-15/1529:45> »
We were confronted by what appeared to be some kind of group of travelling performers. Or, more specifically, we confronted them about their use of magic against/around us (calm emotions spell). They led us out to "civilization" (or as close as it gets to such down here), but then more of them popped out and drew weapons on us because Solo hacked them (and learned they knew about us before our "chance" meeting). We managed to not exchange fire, then Goodnight's sister Victoria showed up. Around that time Nitro and Goodnight realized they knew each other, Nitro melted and GN tried to kill him. Vic knocked her out and she was carried away by her creepy Flower spirit friend.

We hit the hotel and got settled in. We have the entire 4th floor with a few rooms and a central lobby. Nitro ran off to get his 'ware upgraded and to confront GN. The rest of us had some food, beer, and cigarettes (courtesy of Vic) and got a little sleep. Al's been trying to get us a deal and has set up a Matrix Meetup for the Doc and the Drake (as I understand it) for negotiating a deal. Just now, some astral fellow who looks like trouble popped in and asked to talk over a proposition... in our hotel space. He apparently works with the mages that sent us the spirit surprise in Al's shop, and he's come to offer us a raw deal.

As for defenses, Al planted a camera and some radio'd explosives in the stairwell, which seems to be the only way to reach our floor (in meatspace anyway). Solo has five watcher spirits kicking around and I think some other spirits, Vic has a spirit or two, Goodnight and Nitro are en route, and I'm just standing around angry-eating, waiting for trouble. Al rigged a floor to blow with a physical detonator in case we need a quick escape route. There's a dwarf casing the hotel outside and the astral fellow is on his way up to our room, with ISaint right behind packing his new purchases.

I see I was ninja'd by Jack, but maybe my summary can help as well.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2525 on: <08-14-15/1544:45> »
Eh, it's always good to verify with multiple sources  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2526 on: <08-14-15/1559:17> »
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'm still gonna read through it all, but it's good to have an idea where we're heading.

Looking forward to read the altercation between Nitro and GN.

I don't know if we ever came through doing so, but it is still a good idea in my mind to have the doc's data transfered/copied to the Frenchman's datalock.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2527 on: <08-14-15/1618:56> »
I imagine him as a skinny elf with dark eyes and short black hair. Always well dressed and really feels out place in this 'filthy' underground layer. This is no place for a gentleman. He is very tanned, not particularly good looking and his physical appearance is nothing impressive. He looks like a young adult or even a teenage. It is only the manner he carries himself that indicates a well educated adult.  His ethnicity is mixed north Africa and European, he has warm and open body language - he comes from Israel if that rings a bell, kind of like Spanish people if it doesn't. His charisma, is the kind that make people around him feel comfortable, when he behaves like a sane man. 

He does have a kitten tattoo on his ass - a drunken mistake that he later turned into a power focus. 
« Last Edit: <08-14-15/1715:31> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #2528 on: <08-14-15/1654:06> »

I don't know if we ever came through doing so, but it is still a good idea in my mind to have the doc's data transfered/copied to the Frenchman's datalock.

Yeah, I agreed with this when you first suggested it - I think we just never got around to it with all that's been happening.

We should make it a priority once this scene ends.

Anyway, great to have you back, man!

adamu

« Reply #2529 on: <08-14-15/1700:00> »
@all - assuming we have (as usual) people that want to play this weekend, Aria has given us a pretty free hand and clear parameters to move this scene forward.

Seems like the only way that's going to happen in an orderly manner is if one of us is designated "voice" of the druid - otherwise we have three or four people voicing him along with their own posts - I dunno - a bit too chaotic?

I would be happy to do it, but also don't mind if anyone else fancies the task.

One reason I might be up for it is that Al plans on absolutely staying with the family in the closed suite, where we have no plans of willingly allowing the druid. As gilga pointed out, bad idea to let this guy be in a position to actually see them, because of ritual stuff.

So Al (thankfully for all of us) will not directly be involved in negotiations - at most maybe relaying things to the doc.

But like I said, while willing, I am not married to it, if anyone else wants the job.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2530 on: <08-14-15/1713:22> »
@Adamu - I think Al is the best candidate then. It will be really interesting with the family out of sight the druid convince us to sell them. I'd suggest to Make him very tempting so we get to feel like we give something up by rejecting him and maybe even consider subduing Al and just sell the darn family. It can be an amazing scene.

adamu

« Reply #2531 on: <08-14-15/1727:09> »
Yeah - I was thinking exactly the same thing.

And yeah, you'd have to kill Al to sell the family.

But Aria was specific that the guy's offer was generous. TOO generous he said.

Of course, OOC-wise, he could offer ten million nuyen and we wouldn't see a penny, the way this campaign's rewards work.

But everyone here has good enough RP that that won't be a consideration - people are going to play their chosen roles to the hilt, I have no doubt!

I'll get something up shortly.

adamu

« Reply #2532 on: <08-14-15/1730:17> »
@Kink - from your last IC I was a little unclear if Vic is in the suite with Al and Aaron, or out in the lounge where the negotiation will be...

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2533 on: <08-14-15/1752:05> »
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but this figure is purely astral, and therefore cannot be seen or heard by anyone without astral perception, correct?

adamu

« Reply #2534 on: <08-14-15/1754:17> »
Actually yes and no.

He is purely an astrally projecting individual, and as such he can only be affected by things in the Astral.

But he can choose to manifest himself visually and aurally to the physical world.

So non astral people can see and hear him, although if I'm not mistaken, nothing technological will pick him up (except cybereyes/ears, which have been paid for with essence).