NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2490 on: <08-11-15/1818:19> »
The things the rules are foggy about is what kind of actions can be cooperated. For example I am not sure defend against hack on the fly can be cooperated. Some GM's allowed cooperation on hacking and offensive actions hacking, while all GM's so far allowed cooperation on computer searches. I feel that this 'what can be cooperated and what not' never actually reached the rules.

But Solo's deck can have 7 firewall.  + 9 willpower that's 16 dice + full matrix defense we are reaching 25 dice for defense.
At the same time it is difficult to even spot the deck due to sleaze - it may be a nice option.  most of the heavy lifting is actually the willpower buff so that can be anyone.
« Last Edit: <08-11-15/1823:07> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #2491 on: <08-11-15/1842:23> »
@ScytheKnight - that last post was way cool - especially the ending para.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2492 on: <08-11-15/1908:54> »
Yes indeed, worth trying to figure out what letters you omitted. ;)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2493 on: <08-11-15/1910:46> »
Thanks mate. Not something I originally envisioned happening to him, but is been a really interesting turn of events.

I still have no idea where that accent came from.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2494 on: <08-12-15/0209:06> »
Agents be Agents.  ;D I did not shell out money for the love secretary  :P

And as far as the rules are concerned, agents can be ordered to do teamwork tests. (At 4000+3000 NY per +1 limit and +1 die)
If you rule otherwise, I'd ask to be allowed to return them with a refund - I can use the money for other things too  ;)
No, not ruling against it, as Gilga pointed out matrix searches benefiting from team tests is fine! Still need to hack for the tasty info!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2495 on: <08-12-15/0424:07> »
PCs note: Im in Nebraska. Only two more days, thank god.

@Al: Vampgirl is only CHA 7 but she is rocking glamours. Make of that what you will.

@ScytheKnight: Shes reasonable. This cant go well. Strangely, she doesnt appear to have the scars youd associate with an abuse victim. If you run a matrix search on her, Macha's notoriety is 5, so youd probably find all manner of horrible things. Message me if you want particulars.

@Aria: Goodnight's memory is a little spotty so feel free to insert things into her time as Macha if you like. Also feel free to hose one or both of my ladies as much as you want. You wont get any grief from me for making their lives harder.
« Last Edit: <08-12-15/0426:34> by Kinkerbell »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2496 on: <08-12-15/0500:54> »
@Kinkerbell: Hehe, course I read this after making a reply. That said Matrix searches and information if shadowy figures isn't really his forte... he's very much one of those riggers to whome the Matrix is simply a connection medium to his drones and vehicle (assuming he's not directly plugged into the later).
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2497 on: <08-12-15/0734:24> »

@Al: Vampgirl is only CHA 7 but she is rocking glamours. Make of that what you will.

I think I am too old to have a clue what to make of it.

I did Google various permutations of rocking glamours. Got a lot of images of recent it-girls dressed like 80s hairspray rock groupies.
And also a company that does birthday parties for little girls.

I'll just assume that Vic is dressed in a way that suits Al just fine.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2498 on: <08-12-15/0739:02> »
@adamu

Quote from: Run Faster P115
GLAMOUR
COST: 12 KARMA
A character with Glamour is paranaturally gifted so
that all sapient beings perceive him as moving with unearthly
grace. His countenance always seems radiant,
and his voice is soul wrenching and laden with emotion.
People may describe him as angelic or fairylike,
and everyone he speaks to cannot help but feel moved
and inspired. Sapient beings always respond with awe,
deference, and kindness to the character as long as he
does not act hostile. The character adds 2 to his Social
limit and has a +1 dice pool modifier to all Social Skill
Tests, with the exception of Intimidation. This quality
renders the character particularly memorable, and he
suffers from the effects of Distinctive Style quality (p.
80, SR5).
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2499 on: <08-12-15/0749:30> »
Yikes - its a game term!

Al has purchased quite a few Qualities since chargen, but, as you may imagine, that wasn't one I spent much time looking at for him.

Thanks!

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2500 on: <08-12-15/0753:21> »
Yeah it's a mutagenic quality from changelings.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2501 on: <08-12-15/0823:16> »
@KB - if you want to get into technical, she is also a Banshee that makes the attitudes toward her as suspicious (-1) for most people and some are even offended by her existance(hostile (-3)) for many others. In addition, many people are prejudiced against infected I think it is very hard not to be in SR world that gives another -2, with some more righous people that see her as an enemy thats -4.
so with social bias of -3 to -7 depending on individual, I am not sure that Vick is as charming as her sister. Being infected is a big thing, I try to play Solo as suspicious and a little biased.
He tries not to be but I it is difficult to get over the fangs and dietary constraints. If any, the knowledge that Goodnight sustain her somehow makes it a bit easier to reach for her.

That said, even with glamour I think that Vick is very far from the super human grace of Goodnight. It is not her, it is the world and the way it sees the infected.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2502 on: <08-12-15/0954:00> »
I was jist pointing out that she, like her sister, has an indefinable little something extra.

If you want to reduce it to game terms, with her maxed out etiquette and con pools, shes rocking an 8 to seduction and an 8 to shadowrunner etiquette. Plus glamours makes 9, CHA 7 makes sixteen, clothing makes 17 and her vomeronasal organ makes 18. So with the maximum oenalty she still has an 11. Average human dice pool is about 5. So if we strip the modifiers out thag would make her the same pool as a relatively socially adept uni student (4) who is also the absolute pinnacle of natural beauty (7). Think a super sweet, super pretty college freshman. If not super biased, then the number only goes up.

Of course, by that dead reckoning Goodnight's dice pool of 24 should allow her to talk her way out of literally anything just by body language and a smile.

And in terms of grace, her AGI is 13 and her gymnastics(dance) is 8, plus three ranks of improved ability. Outside of the high sidhe, her movements are about as graceful as they come.
« Last Edit: <08-12-15/0955:51> by Kinkerbell »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2503 on: <08-12-15/1241:55> »
@KB - dangerous and desirable. ;)
Vicki is the ideal girl to take to a goth club!

does she have improve charisma?
« Last Edit: <08-12-15/1248:02> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #2504 on: <08-12-15/1502:28> »
just in case anything happens before I can get another IC up -

Al will swap his buckshot (flechette) clip for APDS slugs.
Activate killing hands and spirit claw.
He'll be watching his camera at the top of the stairs on his commlink.