NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #2475 on: <08-10-15/1734:42> »
Okay - two things.

Just in case we get hit and need to know, can we agree a roster of where people are?

Lounge - Al and Spike + anyone else likes to sleep on sofas

Suite 1 - Doc and William + a male runner - volunteers for close cover?

Suite 2 - Rachel and Natasha and Goodnight and/or Vicki if she/they return(s)??? Adjoining door open.

Room 1 -

Room 2 - This is where I'll put the charge on the floor. You can still sleep in here....

Recommend we establish all internal doors except bathrooms be left open.

If people want to state their positions, I can update this as we go....

Next - damn, those breaching charge rules are making my head hurt.
Without bothering people with all the math, I am pretty sure that if Al places three meters of high-yield det cord on the floor using demolitions skill, and I just buy successes (which would be 2 based on 9 dice), then it will be more than enough to punch a one meter hole in the floor even if it is a meter-thick of structural material and the barrier gets a very good roll on its soak.
The charge should (by my reading of the vague rules) be directional, but I'll put a couple of mattresson on top just to be safe from random shrapnel.

I'll use a pull detonator so we can't get the detonation signal jammed. No one trip on the cord! It'll run to just outside the bedroom door in the lounge.

Now we'll have a back-up exit whatever the layout of this place is ruled to be and whatever exits the opposition blocks.

adamu

« Reply #2476 on: <08-10-15/1855:15> »
Stair charge.

Didn't bother to maximize with demolitions since don't really know who's watching. Charge is in the plant, which is at or near the top of the stairs - 4kg of R6 plastique, so that'll be a 12P blast and likely some overpressure. Enough to be a serious ouch for anything soft coming up, but since it's not placed against a structure, it won't be enough to penetrate surrounding walls.
Got a Rating 3 radio detonator on it.

@Trisk - still with us buddy? I hope so! - took the liberty of one of your cameras, since you seemed eager to share in past posts.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2477 on: <08-10-15/1903:45> »
Oh now we get a cool RP when Solo suggest to make you smarter.
Solo is a creature of comforts so he'd definitely want the suite.

I think that Solo is the insane one - but you cannot put the banshee with her food.  Vick should get her own room I think. I do not see Rachel and Natasha getting any sort of sleep with her in their room. She is a creature that is shot on sight, in any deacent part of society she probobly has a fat bounty on her head - she is seen an inhuman monster. Solo is nice to her because he is insane himself - he does not care at all how sociaty sees things, but he is aware that the family 99.99% consider her a blood sucking monster from hell like the rest of the people from their social status.  The family are no runners, they are law abiding citizens - they are not going to share a room with a creature that came out of horror movies.

Also the way KB tells Goodnight's story - we should not let her sleep with anyone of the family, or anyone of us. She should probobly lock herself in one of the rooms.  She resorted to increasing volumes of violent out brakes, 3 in just a few hours. Slap, then almost monowhip and then actual violence that got her K.Oed. Seriously, all the warning signs are there and do not make KB change his story so he does not ruin our fun. Just do not be naive,  GN can totally kill someone during some nightmare without even knowing she did. She is extremely volatile, unstable and (I think) the most dangerous runner. So as much as Solo likes her, he is never going to let her share a room with anyone. Can be a nice RP I hope won't resort to violence.

That said, lets just give one suite to the entire family with an invisible watcher spirit inside. Door open and a bunch of runners in the suite next to them. Possibly one runner also with the family sleeping on the floor/coach just in case.

adamu

« Reply #2478 on: <08-10-15/1922:38> »
@gilga - yeah, as you might have seen, I suggested the exact same reasoning in an IC discussion with Isaint. But he had some good reasoning for the other side....

A few points -

* we've directed the family to some rooms, but haven't actually heard from them (Aria) about their choice of sleeping arrangements. that might solve all of this without us getting into another monster debate

* we have no reason to think Vic will even want to stay here. she's not paid to be a bodyguard, and has her own place nearby. and Goodnight is not back yet. So until we know whether either of both intends to stay in the room, the whole discussion is academic.

* whatever we choose, I really think all internal doors in this place should be left open. Not only to prevent weirdness within the party, but as bodyguards you just never want to have eyes off the prize.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2479 on: <08-10-15/1941:02> »
Yes, I now understand now that I misread it.  Solo being stressed up about everything seems like a nice post.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2480 on: <08-11-15/0316:04> »
Not bringing Goodnight back that night. Might not be bringing Goodnight back at all. Snap judgments without asking questions or attempting to defuse the problem without commands do not make her happy, and its only a matter of tinr at this rate. In her defense the single largest outburst was caused by her seeing the runner that left her in the hands of the vory, so unless another party member has a degree in psychology with a spec in trauma victims its hard to blame her for that one. Her doss is in Shadows Folly anyway and shes not paid to be a bodyguard either. She'll probably return in the morning- Suitably changed- unless Aria wants her to get snatched and/or killed in the night.

And it would be "her" story, not "his" story, please.

Note: driving across the US for the next couple of days so posting will be slower than usual.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2481 on: <08-11-15/0517:05> »
KB, first sorry for the gender confusion. ;)

Second I think you should defiantly bring Goodnight back and enjoy the RP of trying to get the party to trust in her after how she behaved. We as players know her story and had a blast with her and Vicki.  Remember that Goodnight has many motivations to behave - she needs the money, she wants to preserve her reputation in the shadows, she want to protect her sister.

Her crushing was a beautiful scene and despite how Solo would behave when he sees her again, I really enjoy RPing with her. Feel free to make her cause troubles we love it. That said, I think Solo will be doing her a favor for trying to put her in her place because with this kind of behaviour she will be unemployable. If she did say, kill ISaint she would definitely reach the definition of too insane to hire. 

But Goodnight is not just a trauma victim, she is an established runner that most days does manage to behave in a reasonable manner - otherwise she would not be hired in the first place.
I really like goodnight she is a unique character and she genuinely tries to prove her worth all the time. (however in all the wrong ways).  At the end of the days, runners personality collides with the realities of life, and that she need to control herself better to support her sister. Jhonson will not care about her life story - they will care about her ability to do her job. This is why I think that Goodnight going back can be a very powerful scene and it will be wrong to just give up on such a wonderful character.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2482 on: <08-11-15/0520:52> »
Alright, so new cyberears are in. I paid for the full rated price. (22920)

Old cyberears cost me 6600, I'll do a negotiation check to see how much I got for the old ones? That said, I'm also happy to abide by them covering the surgery cost.

Negotiation 4 + Charisma 3
Negotiation test: 7d6t5 1 hit

Well, looks like that's probably all I got anyway  ::)
« Last Edit: <08-11-15/0522:41> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2483 on: <08-11-15/0907:20> »
@KB - I agree, it would be a shame to let such an established character go after all the work that went into building her depth and backstory. Nobody has to "fix" her on this run, just get her to have enough perspective to get by. Maybe you could even trade in some of your bad karma qualities for "flashbacks" or something, for the whole "barely keeping it together" feel that could come with working with this team/Nitro specifically. That is, unless you already have that quality. I can't remember your sheet well enough to say.

@all - I'll room with the Doc. I'm one of the best bullet shields we have.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2484 on: <08-11-15/1118:46> »
@KB - since I do not like to throw dice against PC - take the 'search dice' as a metaphor to how well the watchers scan the astral looking for GN and Vick. (and Nitro actually as well).
if you want to be found, just RP it ;)

adamu

« Reply #2485 on: <08-11-15/1158:46> »
@Kink - driving across US? For me, that tops any version of heaven offered by any of the world's major religions. Road trip!

(depending of course on how crowded the car is with kids)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2486 on: <08-11-15/1300:38> »
Have fun KB!
If Tobias is still with us, I think that he is a bit more capable of not being traced. He dedicated a lot of effort to defense, and with buffing him with magic it may mechanically be the best option.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2487 on: <08-11-15/1415:25> »
@Jack, Aria can I use agent also on the hacking attempt to help hack better?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2488 on: <08-11-15/1507:17> »
@Jack, Aria can I use agent also on the hacking attempt to help hack better?
Of the top of my head? No idea :P Probably not, I'm also a little dubious about Isaint's social secretary agents being such a useful buff... Although he spent a shed load on them...  ;)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2489 on: <08-11-15/1553:38> »
Agents be Agents.  ;D I did not shell out money for the love secretary  :P

And as far as the rules are concerned, agents can be ordered to do teamwork tests. (At 4000+3000 NY per +1 limit and +1 die)
If you rule otherwise, I'd ask to be allowed to return them with a refund - I can use the money for other things too  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex