NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #2430 on: <08-07-15/1137:05> »
Ok I will change. I assumed that he is not just going to the hotel with us.

yeah, I have no idea where he's going - waiting for Aria on that.

just want to keep him around to get some info out of him, same as you!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2431 on: <08-07-15/1155:26> »
I think we should move the situation to the hotel i do not think it is very critical to the plot if we are talking to him in the street or the hotel lobby.

adamu

« Reply #2432 on: <08-07-15/1426:16> »
Well post is up now anyway. But yeah, walking, lobby, whatever.

Just because I am anal, I have made a number of teensy edits to all of Al's actions surrounding the first meetings and intros with Requiem, based on what Aria revealed in last OOC.

Now, YES - I am 500% also in favor of moving things to the hotel.

At which point we should immediately sit down in a room and propose the plan of approaching NeoNet/eTher to the family. They have to agree, at least the parents. And the team has to all agree to it as well.

That's why I've been holding out for a (sort of) proper sit down for Al to lay it all out.

But yeah, I also say we get there.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2433 on: <08-07-15/1621:40> »
I feel like I just finished a marathon. My brain is all mushy. I could've taken a college correspondence course for all that reading.

I think I'm up to speed. Goodnight hates everyone except Solo, Solo is legit insane, Nitro thinks he knows both Goodnight and English, ISaint is fixed in a bad mood from women and spirits (but not the usual kind of either), Tobbis is forgotten somewhere around knee height as per his usual, Al is pretty proud of himself for basically everything, the Frenchman is well below his dignity in this environment, and 3 party members took a walk into the astral and never came back. Most recently, KB bitch-slapped herself, one character to another, and made the hot swap from sister to nearly-identical but HUMVEE-infected sister.

I'll try to come up with a re-introductory post for Jackhammer, unless you are all contented to have left him outside of the sewer (which is totally what happened since he was on foot when you all drove off). It would honestly be just as easy to introduce a new character at this point.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2434 on: <08-07-15/1629:37> »
Theyre not actually that identical. Mechanically they have similarities, and physically, but Vicki is neither face nor battlemage. Vicki is much better adjusted is the primary difference. And I dont intend (yet) to keep playing Vicki. Shes a convenient stand in for Goodnight so I can figure out what to do with her without just reacting, which so far has not had great results. And we were mostly walking. Not everyone was on motorcycles so Jackhammer could easily have kept up.

Also Goodnight doesnt hate Isaint. She thinks hes a self righteous asshat and shes afraid of him, but thats not hate. Thats anger. Ditto for Al. She doesnt even hate Nitro. She just flashed back and it kind of took thinking out of the equation.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2435 on: <08-07-15/1632:29> »
I wouldn't blame her for throwing lighting at Nitro just to fix his accent. But yeah, I followed all that. Just a 1000-mile summary with my own little flavor.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2436 on: <08-07-15/1634:05> »
I feel like I just finished a marathon. My brain is all mushy. I could've taken a college correspondence course for all that reading.

I think I'm up to speed. Goodnight hates everyone except Solo, Solo is legit insane, Nitro thinks he knows both Goodnight and English, ISaint is fixed in a bad mood from women and spirits (but not the usual kind of either), Tobbis is forgotten somewhere around knee height as per his usual, Al is pretty proud of himself for basically everything, the Frenchman is well below his dignity in this environment, and 3 party members took a walk into the astral and never came back. Most recently, KB bitch-slapped herself, one character to another, and made the hot swap from sister to nearly-identical but HUMVEE-infected sister.

I'll try to come up with a re-introductory post for Jackhammer, unless you are all contented to have left him outside of the sewer (which is totally what happened since he was on foot when you all drove off). It would honestly be just as easy to introduce a new character at this point.

I really, really like this summary. Aria should put that in the character summary  ;D
But you could now just have Jackhammer reappear from the market, having taken a directer route above ground to get here.
« Last Edit: <08-07-15/1637:06> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2437 on: <08-07-15/1742:19> »
I really, really like this summary. Aria should put that in the character summary  ;D
But you could now just have Jackhammer reappear from the market, having taken a directer route above ground to get here.

Only if there's a disclaimer that its an unreliable narrator giving it. Otherwise its incorrect. In-character talking down I can deal with. Out of character pigeonholing I'd like to avoid

adamu

« Reply #2438 on: <08-07-15/1746:35> »
Pistol - loved your summary.

It doesn't have to have been perfectly accurate to be amusing as hell.

But for Al, yeah, it pretty much was accurate.

Once again, glad you're back!

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2439 on: <08-07-15/1750:37> »
All in good fun, KB. Nobody looks good when painted with a single stroke of the brush.

Thanks Ada!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2440 on: <08-07-15/1755:02> »
I agree 100% legit interpertation. I would say that GN actually never met most because she is deep in her trauma projecting her emotions on whim ever is saying the wrong thing.

adamu

« Reply #2441 on: <08-07-15/1757:11> »
@pistol - hey, I was previously loving your OOC summary.

Just read your IC summary and that was very cool as well.

I think, for me, you got the sense of the Catacombs straight on.

Also, seeing those things through Jackhammer's eyes, I feel like a I have a much better sense of the character now.

Thanks.

adamu

« Reply #2442 on: <08-07-15/1801:04> »
@all - though maybe not all thrilled about it (at least IC, don't know OOC), seems the consensus on the team is sticking together and heading for the hotel.

A few hours ago gilga and I were talking about posting us forward to said hotel.

The way I read the last paragraph of Aria's last OOC post, I am guessing he's cool with that.

However, I am not sure any of us can do the IC post that puts us at the hotel but KInk. She knows the description of what we might pass, and I am guessing she's got a pretty clear description of the hotel in her mind as well.

What do you say, Kinkerbell?

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2443 on: <08-07-15/1807:02> »
Yeah, give me a bit and Ill toss it up.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2444 on: <08-07-15/1843:22> »
Well Nitro at least is going to split off to the clinic, he's probably the most conspicuous runner of the group so him wandering off to a black market clinic may divert some attention.

That and he honestly doesn't care about where things go just so long as he gets paid for the run.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor