NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2415 on: <08-06-15/1839:09> »
Hmm, so a cyberclinic was pointedly mentioned.. question is though, would upgrading cyber even be a possibility mid-run? I know that normal game's there's at least a week in a tank to recover from cybersurgery... but don't know how you'd want to handle it Aria.

If it's possible, I might upgrade my Cyberears (going up to Rating 2, adding Spatial Analyzer and Select Sound Filter 2 as well as improving to Alhpaware... can afford to pay cost then get what I can for my old pair)... if not then I'll probably look at getting those drinks.
« Last Edit: <08-06-15/1857:24> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2416 on: <08-06-15/1905:32> »
Getting new meat might be hard, but depending on how Aria feels about mid-run powerups, essentially hotswapping what's already in for better components might not be out of the question. Mostly, I just pointed it out because Nitro's essence has big holes missing and Goodnight is trying to make sure everyone's needs are met before she goes off and does...whatever it is she does when she's not with you guys.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2417 on: <08-06-15/1908:27> »
Yeah I figured i was something liek that.. still.. there's a clinic and Nitro has cash.. the big question will be how Aria wants to handle new/upgrading ware.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2418 on: <08-06-15/2159:26> »
 Aria, is there a karmic conversion for Sum-to-14 for the building of prime and near-prime NPCs? Vicki should probably get her own sheet.

Nearest I can figure is sum10=800, So sum14 would be 1120, but I dont know if its a linear conversion, or if you'll even allow a karma build.
« Last Edit: <08-07-15/0209:40> by Kinkerbell »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2419 on: <08-07-15/0309:38> »
So, let's see if Isaint can hold a friendly conversation with Vicky. I'm sure a friendly connection between the two would make Goodnight really paranoid  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2420 on: <08-07-15/0324:37> »
Right! Forgot to edit to say hello. One sec!

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2421 on: <08-07-15/0345:14> »
can I just make a suggestion guys? I know we all want to keep the ball rolling... but at times we seem to be trying to force it to roll along before events have played out. Some of us can be doing 2-3 posts on the same situation trying to move it further and further along before we get the results of our first actions.

Just, take some breaths and give some time for events to play out.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2422 on: <08-07-15/0352:30> »
Ive noticed that. Im trying to limit Vicki to talking, and get goodnight out of the scene, but Ive found that its super hard to make a conversation go when youre answering like eight people at once. So while I wont move from my spot, Ill try to keep the conversation threads untangled.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2423 on: <08-07-15/0415:14> »
I really enjoy it when the game progress quickly. It allow conversations and stuff that do not work so well in PbP.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2424 on: <08-07-15/0748:44> »
Want to ask Requiem qus ooc, probably can't do back and forth...  :-\

Well, already asked him and Silk the one question that matters - chance meeting, or did Silk send him? (If he's sent by, er, someone else...well, he wouldn't tell us anyway).

If he says chance meeting, Al will just make small talk about Silk and biz in Seattle, then try to find out why the circus was helping us and what he knows about our predicament. You know, from the weave and all.

If he says Silk sent him, then, again, we need to know what he knows about the opposition, Silk's resources in the area, and any next moves he or she might be recommending.
Yes, it's Requiem.  Silk persuaded him to join the circus when they asked him to, to keep an eye on them.  The meeting here wasn't planned but with seers, Patterns etc, chance is a mutable thing!  He can't 'read the Pattern', got more cyber in him than is normally good for a person!  Assuming the link works: https://shaking-the-shadows.obsidianportal.com/characters/requiem will give some background info.  Al met him at a party briefly towards the end of 2075... Hecate plays things close to her chest, the small group that you met were on a 'scout' into the Catacombs.  He doesn't know if they were looking for you or for shedim...

Yeah I figured i was something liek that.. still.. there's a clinic and Nitro has cash.. the big question will be how Aria wants to handle new/upgrading ware.
New ware, yes, I would want to allow some downtime recovery... replacement/upgrade something 'easy' like ears could be done in a few hours...

Aria, is there a karmic conversion for Sum-to-14 for the building of prime and near-prime NPCs? Vicki should probably get her own sheet.

Nearest I can figure is sum10=800, So sum14 would be 1120, but I dont know if its a linear conversion, or if you'll even allow a karma build.
Depends what you want to 'do with her' really... if you see yourself ever wanting to play her as a PC then I'd suggest you build her either as Sumto10 or Sumto14/Prime depending on which game you'd be targeting (there will be a CoP sequel for example...).  I honestly don't know enough about karmagen, stuff I've read has suggested that 800 karma isn't a match for Sumto10 so what 14 would be...I don't know!  Someone on the forum will though...ask away!  If you never intend to play her then perhaps use 1000 karma?

@All:
As ever I'm out of response time for the week but you are in a good spot to do some exploring, get yourselves in (and out) of trouble, and fight amongst yourselves! ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #2425 on: <08-07-15/0908:20> »
@Aria - understood regarding previous meeting.

I'll edit my previous "just met" to something like "only second time we met".

Just as soon as work allows.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2426 on: <08-07-15/0916:15> »
Okay Aria, is this stop good to bind a few spirits?

adamu

« Reply #2427 on: <08-07-15/1008:08> »
@gilga - I am not sure if Aria intends Requiem to hang around or stay for a while - I'm sure he'll tell us later.

But in a couple of hours I was going to have time to put all that OOC info Aria just gave us into an IC conversation between Al & Requiem.

Your last IC post, would it be possible to just change it slightly to, like, he just stepped away to take a piss or something?

Then Al can tell Solo about him, and when he comes back Al can still have his conversation with him....

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2428 on: <08-07-15/1032:50> »
Ok I will change. I assumed that he is not just going to the hotel with us.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2429 on: <08-07-15/1035:14> »
I really have no idea where to begin asking questions. Who he is and what is he doing there biuissness or pleasure.