NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2400 on: <08-05-15/1851:09> »
Fair enough.. just keep in mind that was a massively fluke roll. but yeah if it comes to that just message Nitro with what you want.

As you've seen, Nitro's not big on social skills... but do with the situation as you will.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2401 on: <08-05-15/1853:00> »
Oh, I wont steal your thunder. Ive said my oiece. Goodnight is being reasonable. Which is when she's most dangerous.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2402 on: <08-05-15/1855:49> »
Hehe fair enough... but Nitro would be aware that he's just played his trump card... short of opening fire he can't take this much further as he simply lacks the social skills, if someone else ran with it he'd roll with it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2403 on: <08-05-15/1858:32> »
Im inclined to let Aria respond first. Im hoping they opt for chal'han (single combat). Im pretty sure that most of us can take one Harlequin. If they start mass combat though, its going to get bloody. Which reminds me, I need to edit to tell Victoria to bring goodnight her mageblade.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2404 on: <08-05-15/1904:50> »
Yeah same... kinda surprised you haven't made that monowhip your focus.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2405 on: <08-05-15/1909:08> »
Or...we could just give them back their data...

Heck, we don't really even know if the message Solo sent to his friend went out - we were told there was no decent signal in the Catacombs....

We are dreadfully outgunned, and I really doubt these people intimidate easily, especially in view of their obvious tactical advantage, obvious badassness, obvious concern for appearances (can't lose face), and the fact that they think they're the good guys and in the right.

Just give them what they want - Solo only stole the data to see if he could trust them, and now they are parting ways with us, wo what's the difference?

The fight he was trying to avoid is now upon us!

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2406 on: <08-05-15/1913:07> »
Except that Solo's already opened his mouth about passing the information along... Consider also that even today messages can be placed into a buffer and sent as soon as there's decent signal... so even if he didn't get the message out int he catacombs, it would have sent as soon as he got matrix access in the market.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2407 on: <08-05-15/1918:12> »
So call his friend right now and tell him to send the data back unopened. Their own hacker could reach out and verify.

Let's be as determined to appease as we are to intimidate.

Because, really, intimidate is not a winning hand for us right now.

Just my OOC opinion.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2408 on: <08-05-15/1926:22> »
That info is already in a data heaven... this is how you oay deckers.

adamu

« Reply #2409 on: <08-05-15/1930:26> »
Well, you're about the cleverest guy I've played with in 20-odd years of SR madness - figure out a way to make them happy.

They aren't going to just back down.

So we either die, or we live with the blood of a bunch of Chaotic Good mimes and their kids on our hands, along with the blood of the Pelletieres.

Or, I guess there's the single combat option...Al doesn't volunteer for that!

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2410 on: <08-05-15/2043:30> »
Qe dont know they're good. And we dont have to kill them. Just beat them mercilessly.

As for single combat, that's probably Isaint's gig. I'm not sure Solo qualifies as "single" even without M. And if Isaint stsps up, Goodnight has to, too, and vice versa. Those two may despise each other, but Goodnight won't let him eat it in her place. I confess that the idea of them going back to back against Harlequins gives me the giggles.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2411 on: <08-06-15/0207:28> »
I'm not keen on combat either - mainly because they are actively hunting Shedim  ;D

But the family comes first, so I'd say a combination of adamu's and gilga's solution: Delete local content, sent out a request to delete as many copies as possible and offer them your skills for restitution.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2412 on: <08-06-15/0212:34> »
I think this is how deckers make friends. Nobody can appreciate your skill more than the person you just hacked. Solo is recruiting.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2413 on: <08-06-15/1321:05> »
Want to ask Requiem qus ooc, probably can't do back and forth...  :-\
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #2414 on: <08-06-15/1658:39> »
Want to ask Requiem qus ooc, probably can't do back and forth...  :-\

Well, already asked him and Silk the one question that matters - chance meeting, or did Silk send him? (If he's sent by, er, someone else...well, he wouldn't tell us anyway).

If he says chance meeting, Al will just make small talk about Silk and biz in Seattle, then try to find out why the circus was helping us and what he knows about our predicament. You know, from the weave and all.

If he says Silk sent him, then, again, we need to know what he knows about the opposition, Silk's resources in the area, and any next moves he or she might be recommending.