NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2355 on: <08-03-15/0819:03> »
Solo has the heighten concern power so he can actually either negate spell sustaining penalty or negate  noise.
So I wasn't sure how many dice to roll, I rolled 20 his ideal hot slimmed dice.
Hacking: 20d6t5 11
20d6t5: 11 [20d6t5=5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 1, 5, 5, 4, 5, 6, 3, 6, 1, 1, 4, 1, 6, 3, 1]
As long as the total penalty is no greater than  9 dice Solo should reach his maximum of 9 hits.

Really unique capability to keep cheering in excitement while hot simming... channeling + hacking is a really interesting combination.
Ok, I get the channelling and the VR working simultaneously...but can you go to VR and still sustain a complex illusion???  This seems a little less clear to me and whilst I'm not going to scupper you by ruling it pauses this time I think we ought to see if there's any kind of consensus?  Anyone else got a view?  On the magic/matrix don't mix thing I think I'm inclined to think you can't keep the illusion working.  A spell with a 'static' effect like Improved attributes is a different thing entirely to my mind, but perhaps RAW says otherwise...?

Can I have a list of things you are looking for on their PAN?  It's all in Speretheil by the way so unless you speak it you will need a translat program or send it to Goodnight or someone who can... if you are performing resisted matrix actions it would really help if you can list what I roll to oppose (although I have a handy guide it's quicker if you are already looking up rules...), thanks
« Last Edit: <08-03-15/0835:57> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2356 on: <08-03-15/0819:26> »
Will be really cool! what do you study?

Doing a Bachelor's in Game Development majoring in Game Design.
Sounds like fun!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2357 on: <08-03-15/0852:39> »
Well, that's what the sustaining penalty of -2 is for. Even with full attention you should be overwhelmed with controlling such a large illusion, so there probably is an automatism in it anyway.

Since you wrote they have an agent active and resistance rolls are always attribute+firewall (except for hide actions), you probably only need to calculate one dice pool anyway.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2358 on: <08-03-15/0909:54> »
Solo's defense roll.
delete mark resistance: 9d6t5 4

Solo understands Speretheil  he has two points in the language.  So at least the basic of the language he does understand.  I am okay with either ruling I can just keep him in AR (for 2 less dice for the actions). If we are more comfortable with that concept.  He is even faster in AR it may be the tactically correct way to behave anyhow.

I thought initially that marking the master will also give marks on all slaved devices - but after reading p233 I am not sure it true. But I am almost certain that a successful sleaze action should go unnoticed.  That means that the agent should have spent an action to notice and an action to erase (I think). Anyhow Solo plans to leave very quickly as his only goal was to sniff around a little bit. 

Anyhow after reading core rules p233 I think I am mistaken and you do not get a mark on all the pan when marking the master. You just get a mark on the master when marking the slave.  ;)

Message history reacent calls stuff like that.
« Last Edit: <08-03-15/1639:30> by gilga »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2359 on: <08-03-15/1611:37> »
Guys, I have a long week ahead with event here in New York. I'm going to have a hard time posting.
Just consider the Frenchman isn't impressed with what he is seeing, but will follow the group no matter what, and stay with the Doc to protection the him.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2360 on: <08-03-15/1641:03> »
Aria Solo wants to look at reacent calls and messages in the PAN.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2361 on: <08-03-15/1653:33> »
Guys, I have a long week ahead with event here in New York. I'm going to have a hard time posting.
Just consider the Frenchman isn't impressed with what he is seeing, but will follow the group no matter what, and stay with the Doc to protection the him.
Thanks for letting us know, see you when you get back!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2362 on: <08-03-15/1656:59> »
Aria Solo wants to look at reacent calls and messages in the PAN.
There are various messages, all in Speretheil... Assuming you break the encryption they still make no sense as the words are jumbled, some sort of code cant... Probably working on associations and you'd need shared experiences to make sense of it...The language is bloody complicated by itself, this just makes it worse!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2363 on: <08-03-15/1702:50> »
Need i rol something? What can be done about it?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2364 on: <08-03-15/1727:57> »
Need i rol something? What can be done about it?
Probably need a host to process it...certainly more time than you can spare at the moment!  You do catch a glimpse of some names that might well represent your group however, timestamped from before they saw you!

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2365 on: <08-03-15/1737:22> »
Damn. Really wishing I'd brought my mageblade. I can bond it now, and down here I feel like it might be useful.

Especially on the Harlequins. Whom I trust about as far as I can throw Manhattan.

adamu

« Reply #2366 on: <08-03-15/1933:36> »
So, assuming I was right on my earlier read of the control emotions spell, I'll just buy one success per complex action again until Al can get his head straight.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #2367 on: <08-03-15/2218:45> »
Just wanted to say goodbye and thanks for the times we did have, I just can't keep up with such a big and fast paced game. Also needed to check to see if I could reply to stuff again.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2368 on: <08-04-15/0225:59> »
So, assuming I was right on my earlier read of the control emotions spell, I'll just buy one success per complex action again until Al can get his head straight.
Yeah any of you with log+will greater than 6 can throw it off given time... There's a price though (ain't there always?), starting with Goodnight the Shadows in this place will start to energy drain you of karma... Loose 1 point and get one stun, unresisted! They'll go for highest essence to lowest on those not in the spell...negative emotions will abound (although given the way things have gone so far who will notice? :P)... Once you've each lost one you have a chance of noticing the spirits but it's not going to be easy down here, there are lots of 'restless dead' that are innocuous! Don't say I didn't try to warn you 8)

adamu

« Reply #2369 on: <08-04-15/0308:40> »
Whoa whoa whoa - lose karma???

Gee whiz, that goodness for those odds and ends of cyber I've got, if they keep me from being first in the firing line!

I'll get an IC up by lunchtime at latest....