NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2175 on: <07-26-15/2139:29> »
A seducer? How did you get a shadow spirit for a...whatever she is?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2176 on: <07-26-15/2143:33> »
She is a spirit of man, very seductive one tough;)

I edited to add some reply to Nitro a really cool comment, my baby sort of woke me up in the middle of the night sorry for being such a fuzzy about it ;)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2177 on: <07-26-15/2145:43> »
It would make a really cool chat - perhaps with Solo now that he has some privacy again.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2178 on: <07-26-15/2333:50> »
Now that they're walking, I'll put up the description of Widow's Way in a post or two.

Goodnight is giving the basics of the Underground to Natasha, starting with where to go if things go totally south.

Instruction Roll for Natasha - 14d6t5: 4

Not great, but not awful!

This way, even if Goodnight catches a bullet, there's someone to get the team to Shadow's Folly or Earl's Court.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2179 on: <07-27-15/0102:25> »
Haha, love this group. Leave you guys alone for the week-end and that's it, a whole scene is written!.
Nevertheless, you really think leaving without the Frenchman would be a good idea?   ::)
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2180 on: <07-27-15/0123:13> »
We are sort of running away from evil ritual magics and HTR teams, the boogyman or what ever follows these spirits.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2181 on: <07-27-15/0253:14> »
I won't be as fast on the posting tomorrow, so if anyone needs a little color detail, here's a thumbnail of Widow's Way.

At the bottom of the page is a link to The Maze, which Goodnight is referring to when she says catacombs. Hopefully that won't be too relevant, but Aria did say she was looking for threats that could challenge us.

« Last Edit: <07-27-15/0411:01> by Kinkerbell »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2182 on: <07-27-15/0434:01> »
Wow like 3 posts while I was typing my reply ;) incredible!

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2183 on: <07-27-15/0534:10> »
Summoning the F8 spirit: 3
Edging the failures: 2 more

The spirit's defense: 1

Four services owed! Currently on loan to Natasha with orders to protect.

adamu

« Reply #2184 on: <07-27-15/0715:06> »
This is great stuff! And thanks also to Gilga for running the combat! I clearly still need to work on balancing your opponents, I don't want to squash you like bugs but do want to make you work for success! It seems like you'll make each other work harder than I could   ::)

Dude - of course do your worst, and we won't complain!

But I think your balancing has been just great so far. We've come through with our skin intact so far, but it has been through serious skullsweat, amazing teamwork, and the skin of our teeth each time. I was seriously stressed my character would DIE vs. that fire spirit.  And while our condition monitors may be in great shape, we are suffering significant Edge and Gear attrition by this point.

So again, not trying to dissuade you from badass threats - bring it on.

But don't beat yourself up over balance or appropriate threat level or anything like that - I think we can all agree it has been an appropriately challenging ride!

adamu

« Reply #2185 on: <07-27-15/0725:44> »
Hey everyone - yikes, it took me all morning just to catch up!

Amazing!

Anyway, near as I can tell, all of the active players' PCs are now with our group, along with family (and Spike, of course!).

I think, if poop ever goes crazy again (is IF even the right word?), since we seem to be weaving our way through an underground environment, we would cut down a lot on Fog of PbP if we can agree oh a Marching Order here in the OOC. (Sorry to go all D&D - or is that even a D&D term anymore? Gave it up 23 years ago when I started SR!)

NOT trying to drag free-thinking types into the overwatch thing, by the way, that's all on you! But we are definitely all somewhere, right?

Near as I can tell from the IC, we have a cluster up front
Goodnight, Natasha, Solo, Frenchman

Bounding overwatch (Al will participate in that - I assume others will unless like Nitro they state they are opting out) says the "leader" takes the rear position. That makes Isaint in the rear. But he is also protecting the Doc. Not sure that's the best combination.

Al and Spike will take Rachel, since the dog is pretty well imprinted on her. I know I mentioned rear guard in the IC but not married to it - I can go anywhere.

Who is taking the boy? I think someone mentioned doing so, but can't find it.

If we can get this decided quick, it will make the next combat a LOT easier, I think...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2186 on: <07-27-15/0752:00> »
It would probably best if the family was in the middle and still next to their designated protector. Keeping overwatch should not be a problem with having the Doc walking next to me. But a second pair of eyes would be appreciated nonetheless.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2187 on: <07-27-15/0808:48> »
Nitro would be pretty easy moving through the middle of the group. Between myself and the drone we can provide some withering suppressing fire to anything trying to reach the family, also from the middle the drone can easily provide extra fire power or suppressing fire front or rear.... a more level head could even suggest he takes one flank while the drone takes the other. (just for gods sake don't talk tactics about it, keep it simple and play to Nitro's character, I think some of you might have ideas about how to get him to play ball on that idea by now.)

@Jack_spade sorry to be raining on the tactics parade, as a player and GM I know the advantages of tactics, but they're a complete antithesis of how Nitro operates... there was even time spent contemplating "Leeeeroy Jenkins!" on this guy; but I felt the Poor Self-Control (Thriss-Seeker, Attention Seeking), Lack of Focus and Daredevil covered that idea pretty decently already.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2188 on: <07-27-15/0809:18> »
I've put in a bit of a time jump in my latest IC, from inside to out... I just wanted you to know that the four spirits weren't acting alone (well, and their summoner(s))... of course I'm also assuming the Frenchman doesn't decide to not go into the Underground...that would start all sorts of paradoxes going  :o ...but he can easily take a snapshot of suit guy, and if you want to leave drones or other surveillance behind you, now is the time to say!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2189 on: <07-27-15/0819:41> »
Fy-Spys are with me, but not bothering to deploy them in this mess... lack of wireless is going to make them too easy to lose.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor