NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2115 on: <07-24-15/2356:47> »
So... you guys are Crazy! But keep being so, that's awesome. Yesterday, everyone was dashing for cover... We blinked an eye and those four spirits are pretty much gone! in a fashion though, the way I like it

Now, I know Saithor is away for a bit, but if the GM could play him would be quite useful right now, at least to create some confusion.
« Last Edit: <07-25-15/0010:25> by obidancer »
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2116 on: <07-25-15/0022:31> »
My action was posted in IC. It was just to look for trouble (perception) and activate my qi focus. But then the family got abducted saved by Nitro. So my next action will be to sprint after them, fearing that the newest "addition" to our team is actually an extractor. But I don't have any actions left this turn, so it'll have to wait.
I have a 28 on my next initiative roll. I'll edit in the orokos when I have the time.

@Al - great move with the boat! I love it.

@Isaint - your gun has base AP -3? Man, I need to look past pistols sometime.

@KB - is that how splitting the dice pool works? I rather thought it was... different.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2117 on: <07-25-15/0029:40> »
@Pistolgrip - Right? I thought so too, and with further reading it appears that in most cases it is different. With magic, it has that nifty "modifiers are applied after the split" thing. So my focus goes up both times. The spirit is actually not part of the base dicepool, its a service to add its force in dice to a given spell. if I'm bifurcating my pool to light off two different spells, then I have two opportunities to expand an aid sorcery action, since those apply to a spell as its cast. In short, you are usually right, and it is possible that I'm actually doing it wrong with the power focus, but RAW isn't super clear. I'll ask Aria for clarification. The spirits though, they're just using what I've got in a grand manner (And binding a spirit of that size costs me about 2000 nuyen, so statistically its about 1000 nuyen a shot to pull that trick).

@All: Does anyone have any objection to my fudging things a tad to get patched into the comm net that the party has up? Goodnight has a place where the riggers can dump their rides while we're Below, but she can't tell them that without being able to communicate.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2118 on: <07-25-15/0032:11> »
I have a question regarding SA weapons.

My Savalette Guardian states SA/BF where BF requires a complex action, thing few other pistol have.

ISaint is using a Ruger 101 SA,  with a SA Burst which is pretty much  a BF that take a Complex action.....

What's the point of having a gun that can have SA/BF if any SA gun could technically do it?

My first impression only guns that have the SA/BF mode could do the SA Burst, but there's really nowhere that say so... thoughts?

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2119 on: <07-25-15/0033:55> »
The "takes a complex action" part was errata'd out. Its just straight SA/BF now.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2120 on: <07-25-15/0035:30> »
I suppose the spirit thing makes sense. I would assume the focus would get rolled in pre-split though, since it's less of a modifier to your roll and more of a modifier to your magic, which you are rolling as part of your roll.

No issues from me on the commlink business. Mine is off anyway.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #2121 on: <07-25-15/0038:17> »
The "takes a complex action" part was errata'd out. Its just straight SA/BF now.

Sweet, I had missed that

And just to give an opinion, I agree that the Focus should be added before the split, for the same reason Pistolgrip mentioned.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2122 on: <07-25-15/0038:33> »
Yeah, that's the strange thing about a power focus. Spellcasting foci are modifiers to your roll, but power foci say they modify your magic. Which makes them insanely powerful taken literally, but makes them a little weird to use.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2123 on: <07-25-15/0054:33> »
Hmmm, well it shouldn't take more than a combat round or two for the BMW to reach the entrance (really hazy on the rigging side of things still so no real idea how long it's gonna take this thing to cover a bit under 200 meters), from there we can talk things out a bit better.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2124 on: <07-25-15/0152:49> »
@Adamu - I was sleeping, I changed it to Solo because it seems to make more sense at the time - I am cool with diving to water as an interrupt. It seems logical at the case so if you wan to be soaking wet feel free not to spend that edge point and just dramatically jump to the water with an interrupt action. It is like an action movie I love it, so what if there is no explicit rule for it.  If Al is still on that boat dodging the fire spirit will keep attacking him, if he is in the water it will target Isaint.

@ScytheKnight - lets say you reached the entrance by the end of the initiative phase.

@everybody-  if I skipped you on phase two - feel free to act on the third phase. If the fire spirit target Isaint it is visible for everybody.

pass 3:

Isaint: 10:  shot fire spirit 6 damage.
Nitro: 10:  meet goodnight?
Goodnight: 9  -  meet Nitro
Fire Spirit (F8) 5:   Run after Al and try to burn him! one angry spirit. (who is faster the spirit or the boat? ) Burn Al(-6): 12d6t5 6 Al dodged her, either by jumping to the water or by spending edge.

Unbound F8 Spirit (Goodnight's): dismissed.
Smiley: 3: (has two delayed actions to keep the flow) 
Solo: 5 attacked (now outside) the astral spirit and missed.

So at the  end of third pass -
Solo is fighting the water spirit in the street.
There is one angry fire spirit is trying to have its revenge on Al.  I assume that the fire spirit passed the boat and is trying to burn it from outside of the dock. Trying to trap Al between the burning shop (sorry Al) to itself. This make the fire spirit visible to all (and the burning shop) so even if you are not inside the dock feel free to do your thing.
(if I skipped you on second initiative pass feel free to act on the third otherwise lets close it and start the 2nd initiative pass. wow we actually reached a second initiative.)

nobody has 4th initiative phase so we'll need fresh initiative for everyone.

So far I think I read:
Al 21.
« Last Edit: <07-25-15/0209:32> by gilga »

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2125 on: <07-25-15/0241:45> »
Goodnight's initiative for round 2: 28

IIRC, Frenchman is driving out in Nitro's wake, and was calling to Hallucination to throw up an illusion. As Saithor is out for a bit, do you want me to robo his mage to get that done?
« Last Edit: <07-25-15/0244:48> by Kinkerbell »

adamu

« Reply #2126 on: <07-25-15/0306:14> »
@Adamu - I was sleeping, I changed it to Solo because it seems to make more sense at the time - I am cool with diving to water as an interrupt. It seems logical at the case so if you wan to be soaking wet feel free not to spend that edge point and just dramatically jump to the water with an interrupt action. It is like an action movie I love it, so what if there is no explicit rule for it.  If Al is still on that boat dodging the fire spirit will keep attacking him, if he is in the water it will target Isaint.

No arguments at all!

Okay - well, hurt to use the Edge, but I've already made the roll and the IC post.
Most important, if I go straight into the water, Isaint will get attacked, and my goal is to keep the spirit occupied for a bit so he can get more shots in.

BUT, for the new Combat Turn, if the wounded spirit goes before my 21 and attacks Al, then I will indeed use the Run & Gun interrupt to go into the water (lowering my inititative to 16).
If I go first, then I'll sit there as a target with a delayed action, and when it attacks, I'll use my delayed action to dive into the water.
So either way I get it to attack me again (off Isaint for one more pass), and either way I get into the water before it has a chance to tag me.

Finally - I am way much with Obidancer on the Saithor spirit thing.
Hallucination had a spirit watching the place for us - with Saithor out, seems only logical to have Hallucination order that spirit to help us out (which process could well have started last turn).

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2127 on: <07-25-15/0319:28> »
What we have so far:
Fire spirit wet with 6 damage.  (-6)
Water spirit in astral took 8 damage (-2)

Initiative:
Solo 37 (WOW!): Initiative: 18+4d6 37 (or 28 if improved reflexes do not add initiative dice while channeled).
Isaint: 31 - reloading the gun + agility boost.
Goodnight: 28
Aaron: 28
Fire spirit: 23 Initiative: 16+2d6 23
Al: 21
Water Spirit: 17 Initiative: 10+2d6 17
Nitro: ?
Frenchman: ?
Mel: ?
Smilie: ?

@Adamu, I think we're doing very well without Hallucination and I bet Aria adjusted the encounter force to consider the fact we are a mage down for it. We got goodnight poping in with spirits instead I think we're sort of cool. Let's  write that the first action of the spirits was to take down her spirit in the astral before any of us could do anything. (we were either sleeping or not watching the astral ourselves.)  If I was commanding a spirit army, I'll totally start by clearing the astral space of problems, only then I'd risk mundane fire. 

I really think we're doing okay. Quite surprised how much trouble that fire spirit turned out to be - (when we totally took down an F8 spirit of earth without noticing it before  - and Solo one shot F7 spirit of air. That aura of fire with 16P -8  that can totally kill you on a successful melee attack really make it complicated.

I am not sure that Solo will survive if he hit the fire spirit with astral combat. Maybe if I edge the damage soak roll.  So it is either offensive spells or Isaint with his bull eye trick.  I am not sure Al can survive this kind of damage either (maybe?)

@KB. The illusion will not effect the spirits being dual natured and watching the astral at all time. So I don't mind it - but we'll sort of stop after the spirit combat to see what  further torment Aria had in mind ;)
« Last Edit: <07-25-15/0338:38> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2128 on: <07-25-15/0325:09> »
Ini 31:
Ok guys, need to reload, but at my second phase at Ini 21 Isaint can finally disrupt the spirit.

I really need to upgrade to a Crockett or a JP-K50
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2129 on: <07-25-15/0326:10> »
Alright, gonna be out of the loop for a couple of days... may get a post in tomorrow night, but more likely in a couple of days
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor