NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2085 on: <07-24-15/1828:58> »
Manabolts, not lightning bolt. Sadly, in SR5 they do a lot less damage than they used to. But I'll still take 8P and 4P against its 6d6 soak roll, and gladly. And I think SK just declared Nitro's action as "Pick up family, drive them to quay" if I'm reading his last post right.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2086 on: <07-24-15/1831:38> »
I hate to do this to you, Adamu, but didn't the earth spirit materialize to take a swing at Isaint outside? The Air spirit is still attacking Solo, but its doing it astrally.

@ScytheKnight: RAW says that any vehicle tests you make while hotsimming get matrix bonuses. So you've got the +1 there, and your normal perception appears to be 9. Limit is sensor rating (7). Unfortunately because perception isn't a vehicle test, even when done inside a vehicle, your rig doesn't give you any bonuses there. So unless you have matrix bennies I didn't see glancing through, I think your perception test is 10d6, Limit 7.

Ahh well actually ATM it's 16D6 since I'll be using Electronic Warfare + Logic (which unless Solo has dropped the spell is still boosted) + Sensor's Specialization + Hotsim (which is a +2 not a +1)
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2087 on: <07-24-15/1834:58> »
Ah, you can do it out of EWAR. That makes a lot more sense.

Re: Hotsimming: That's what I thought too, but then there's this in the rigging section: "If  you’re  using
hot-sim,  you  get  +3D6  (4D6  total)  Initiative  dice,  and a +1 dice pool bonus that applies to all Matrix test (in-
cluding Vehicle actions)"

SR5 is frustratingly similar to SR4, but just different enough that I keep tripping up.

@Jack_Spade: Isn't that a huge negative modifier? -4 for the BB, -3 because its up in your face (and thus putting you in melee combat?)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2088 on: <07-24-15/1835:44> »
@skytchnight ' Solo stopped maintaining it when he went to sleep. (got to be awake to have spells).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2089 on: <07-24-15/1843:01> »
The earth spirit hasn't attacked yet and therefore is not yet in melee

And also it's history  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2090 on: <07-24-15/1847:50> »
@skytchnight ' Solo stopped maintaining it when he went to sleep. (got to be awake to have spells).

Ahh ohh well, so that still only drops it down to a 12, better than my regular perception.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2091 on: <07-24-15/1848:41> »
Yes, I can see that.

Welp, my action is simply to wait, then. I can't get to the fight inside in time to do any good, and my astral combat sucks.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2092 on: <07-24-15/1856:41> »
Well, you could use the time to introduce yourself per com and also make a leadership test to improve your spirits performance - after all, you have the necessary charisma  ;D
talk think matrix

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2093 on: <07-24-15/1858:51> »
I don't have anyone's commcode, and what I know about pirating into connections you could inscribe on Goodnight's thumbnail. She saw the one spirit blink out and she's getting a feed from the other, so she figures that the situation is perfectly well in hand. She's going to walk back to where she started in order to be there to meet Nitro and the Doctor's family. Otherwise, she's essentially delaying her action in case its needed.

adamu

« Reply #2094 on: <07-24-15/1905:54> »
@Kinkerbell - you are right, Al is inside, office door shut to keep my dog out, and the earth spirit was manifesting outside.
But...
1) Nitro drove through my closed garage door, so big hole there.
and
2) Solo/mounted spirit saw the earth spirit and warned Isaint, so I reckon Al can see/reach it too.

BUT

by the time Al can think about shifting his attack from "saved" Solo, the earth spirit apparently is disrupted...

So I need a new action --- crazy idea, for whoever is GMing right now ----the fire spirit (and yeah, the succubus too, but to Al they're all monsters) is in Al's shop. Which has in indoor dock, at which is tied my speedboat, which is facing out towards its own garage door.
I could use movement and then complex action to operate vehicle - leaving it tied up hit the throttle and (happy to make a stunt test for this) have the outboard spray water all over the fire spirit...

Reaching?
Cinematic?
Should just run out to fight the earth spirit just in time to see it die?

(Everything dying so fast, I can't seem to get into the fight - you guys ROCK!)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2095 on: <07-24-15/1907:35> »
Fair enough, although I'd have expected that Torrent would give you our comm-codes.
But don't underestimate a well timed Leadership (Direct) action (p.141), because otherwise the fire spirits are evenly matched and their strongest attack is useless due to mutual fire immunity.

@adamu

that sounds like an awesome action. I'm totally for it ;D 8)
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2096 on: <07-24-15/1908:50> »
Update, changes in bold.

Solo 25: Attacked water spirit astral.  + did full defense.
(8 damage done spirit is still kicking)
Isaint: 20:  killed earth spirit. (nice one!)
Nitro: 20: picking up the family in his car.
Goodnight: 19  -  meeting with Nitro and the family.
Fire Spirit (F8) 15: Attack Solo
Attack Solo engulf: 18d6t5 8
Full defense + defense: 26d6t5 12
Phew... Solo actually dodged that kong fu with full defense.
Unbound F8 Spirit (Goodnight's): 15  Attack Fire Spirit , and miss.
Smiley: 13: ?
The Frenchman: 9 ?
Aaron: 8 ?
Al: 8  Crazy water action!
Water Spirit(F5) 6 - attacking Solo in Astral
Tobias - on full defense no more initiative.
« Last Edit: <07-24-15/1920:26> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #2097 on: <07-24-15/1913:27> »
Thanks for the support guys.

I'll throw up an IC.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2098 on: <07-24-15/1915:30> »
Meeting Nitro, not Isaint.

@Jack_Spade: Perhaps, but that ship has sailed this pass, and you're going to go before both me and it next pass. So it offers me no mechanicao benefit to do so, Im going to go with the RP action and be there to do the job Erica hired me for. I didnt know abiut Torrent when I built Goodnight, so Aria and I worked it that he went through my fixer. She wouldnt hand out the commcodes.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2099 on: <07-24-15/1935:41> »
@adamu

I don't expect that we can keep the fire spirit for a minute under the spray, so it takes damage, but I'll calculate the -4 it gets to all its tests into my next attack resolution:

Ini 10:
Bulls Eye Burst:
Bulls Eye Burst: 11d6t5 7
Fire Spirit dodge (-4 allergy, -1 previous dodged attack from friendly fire spirit)
Fire Spirit Dodge: 14d6t5 3

Dmg: 15P AP 13
Fire Spirit soak: 2 automatic + 12dice (9 body + 16-13 armor)
Fire Spirit soak: 12d6t5 7 [12d6t5=6, 5, 4, 4, 5, 5, 2, 6, 4, 1, 5, 6]
6 Damage

Now, I'm not sure if the allergy would also affect the soak roll (normally those aren't penalized)
If yes, there would be two more points of damage.

talk think matrix