NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2040 on: <07-24-15/0650:55> »
Argh. Did I misread another one? We weren't exactly proceeding in order and I'm still getting the feel for what everyone is doing with what.

Seriously. How the hell does Aria run a game this big?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2041 on: <07-24-15/0652:50> »
LOL, well seems pretty much everyone is assuming I'm ramming this spirit on the way out... much as I perhaps don't want the car damaged this early. ::) I guess it is the kind of recklessly stupid thing he'd do.  ::) ;D
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2042 on: <07-24-15/0659:32> »
You could always roll edge (2) for reckless lack of autopreservation? I mean, the car is kind of his baby, isn't? If you get 0 or 1, hit spirit?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2043 on: <07-24-15/0702:26> »
It's a composure save.. buuuuut yeah Lack of Focus, Poor Self Control (Thrill-Seeker & Attention Seeking) as well as Daredevil kinda makes him a usual suspect for stupid reckless stunts.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2044 on: <07-24-15/0755:45> »
Yeah - I think everyone wanted SK to do the ram, but he calculated that he couldn't get enough velocity within the garage to score a strong hit anyway.. was that how it went, Scythe?

Anyway, gilga, personally I am glad you are taking on one of the astral ones. With Isaint also shooting, I think (hope) we are alright on the fire one.
Al's offense against the thing is moderate, but he is pretty survivable - can at least keep it tied up, and I think that's really our goal - to keep them off the family.

Speaking of which, Kinkerbell, you are obviously real slick on the game mechanics - can I ask you why you are wasting your fire demon's time manifesting in order to fight spirits?
And also, how about going after one of the as-yet unmanifested ones, as their mobility makes them the real threat.
(But I have to admit, your description of your succubus was AWESOME, and is certain to get a most colorful reaction from Al!)

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2045 on: <07-24-15/0808:19> »
Ah, okay, that's where I screwed up, him not getting the velocity. I'll edit the init list.

@Adamu: Awwww, you're sweet to say so! Its mostly because I wanted to show off a little, both Goodnight's tradition (anyone with any knowledge of magical theory can play connect the dots with the demoness), and that Goodnight is a powerful mage. Nothing says spellworm like a column of fire turning into a sexy death machine because I crooked my astral finger. Goodnight is an excellent runner, but she's also a young woman who hasn't gotten any recognition for her considerable talent. You're her first group of major 'runners, and she's dressing to impress.

As for the other spirits, well...the unbound fire spirit is not my only magical buddy. I came loaded for bear. They have to manifest to go after the family, and when they do I'll clean the first one's clock. Their mobility is awesome, but their target is right here, and I have LOS to them. If all three pop up at once, then I'll slip the dogs of war all the way.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2046 on: <07-24-15/0814:34> »
Materialize by the way, manifest is just letting non astral people know you are around.

adamu

« Reply #2047 on: <07-24-15/0816:29> »
All good!

Role-playing first and always!

As for:

(anyone with any knowledge of magical theory can play connect the dots with the demoness),

heh heh heh, yeah, like I said, you are going to get a good reaction from Al, whose magical theory is analagous to a famous Ronald Reagan quote: "It isn't so much that (Al is) ignorant. It's just that (he) knows so many things that aren't so."

Al and Goodnight are going to get along FAMOUSLY.

adamu

« Reply #2048 on: <07-24-15/0817:46> »
Materialize by the way, manifest is just letting non astral people know you are around.

Yes - absolutely right. Thanks!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2049 on: <07-24-15/0822:48> »
Awwww, c'mon, its only four spirits! How bad could it possibly be?

In other news, London Below has its own entry on obsidianportal now! There's only one place of interest so far, but its got three locales in it.

And finally, in an effort to be useful we have:

Init order!
Solo: 35 [I think] (Attacks unmanifested spirit)
Isaint: 30 (Shot that bitch right in the face! Is now following family)
Nitro: 30 (Hotsimming! Driving! Running over a spirit!)
Goodnight: 29 (Activated focus, sent spirit ahead, walking towards the fray)
Unbound F8 Spirit (Goodnight's): 25 (Manifesting)
Smiley: 23 (Ran back towards the family, kicked in overwatch as well. The spirits are going to have a terrible day if they try for the family)
Aaron: 20 (Nocked an Arrow, is following the family, has declared overwatch as near as I can tell))
The Frenchman: 19 (Driving like the proverbial chiropteroid out of a hot locale)
Al: 8 (Activates full defense. Charges spirit. Gets brass balls award)
Mel: ?? (GTFOing, and rightly so. Also acting as a decoy)
Enemy Fire Spirit: ?? (Has not declared. Needs to defend against Al, Solo, and being hit by a car)
Enemy Water Spirit: ?? (Has not declared)
Enemy Earth Spirit: ?? (Has not declared)
Enemy Air Spirit: ?? (Has not declared)
The Family: ?? (Running like hell)

I think that Nitro is also in GTFO mode - and is not running over the fire spirit. I have to do that to a spirit next time I play a rigger (or if I have a chance to stick a control rig in Solo's head in this game but somehow I do not see that happen).

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2050 on: <07-24-15/0840:39> »
Edited! If I've made any other mistakes, please let me know.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2051 on: <07-24-15/0906:22> »
Yeah - I think everyone wanted SK to do the ram, but he calculated that he couldn't get enough velocity within the garage to score a strong hit anyway.. was that how it went, Scythe?

Yeah pretty much.. On a freeway at full speed? He'd probably give it a try... but just pulling out, just not enough space and acceleration to get up to a decent speed... so getting out to get myself clear, holding drones back for now, spirits could easily make mince meet out of them so for now just trying to distract them, thus why I was looking like I was trying to ram the spirit.

Also Al.. I HOPE you have have Edge to dodge an Engulf attack.. from a force 8 spirit that is just downright Fing ugly combo of Engulf + Fire Aura for a stupid amount of damage.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #2052 on: <07-24-15/0955:27> »

Also Al.. I HOPE you have have Edge to dodge an Engulf attack.. from a force 8 spirit that is just downright Fing ugly combo of Engulf + Fire Aura for a stupid amount of damage.

Oh yeah, plus collateral ignitions - all the plastique I'm carrying is pretty stable, but lot of shotgun shells as well. Ouch.

Definitely holding back a couple of Edge PRECISELY for that.

Great minds thinking alike!

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2053 on: <07-24-15/1008:15> »
A minor correction, KB, my initiative is 18. The number above that is my post count of 20.

I'm not totally clear on where the family is, where I am, or where we're heading, but it is at least away. I don't believe I have line of sight to any spirits at the moment, but if/when I do, I have a few things for them.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2054 on: <07-24-15/1130:22> »
Noted, and edited.

As for spatial coordinates, as far as I can tell, the entrance to the sewers is right on the way, 200 meters down on a little quay. Ergo, the family is (assuming standard move speed and an Agi of 3) 188 meters inland and will move at 12m/turn. Maybe 15 if they sprint, but then they'll spread out and be easy pickings. I think we've just figured out how we're getting held here. Running rate is by turn, not by pass, so unless we want to physically carry them, there's another 16 turns before they hit the entrance of that sewer grate. That's...what? 45 seconds? Not a hugely long time, but if this is a trap, more than enough time to spring it.