NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2025 on: <07-24-15/0320:09> »
Hallucination is out for a few days, but I think we can safely assume that he's in the car with you. To stay exposed would be...bad, and like the saying goes, "There are old 'runners and there are bold 'runners, but there are no old, bold 'runners."

If you can get out into the open, I think the amassed firepower of this team can smoke the spirits. The trouble will be doing it fast enough that they don't hit the family in the process. Though two prime 'runners on overwatch will let even the hardiest spirit know its been kissed. I've got a plan for one of the spirits, but it only works once, and I used all my actions, so I won't get to try it until after the other spirits manifest. With just a little luck, though, it should take one of the enemy spirits out of the equation completely.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2026 on: <07-24-15/0325:46> »
I do not think we're doing bad, we have 2 F8 spirits and 2-3 adepts with magic weapons. Against only 4 spirits 8, 7, 6, 5.  Previous combat we totally dropped an F8 spirit in a single round.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2027 on: <07-24-15/0328:41> »
I'm more worried that the summoner is using the spirits to hold us in place for a High Threat Response team, a pack of ghouls, or a ritually targeted curse. A spirit can't really drag a person off. They're too obvious. Which means somewhere there's a human agent.

And its actually even better than that. We've got more than 3 F8s, 2-3 adepts with magical attacks, one battlemage, and Hallucination. Magical threats we're pretty ready for, except maybe for Invae or Shedim.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2028 on: <07-24-15/0352:57> »
Well combats are very short so I doubt they can 'hold' us for much longer.
I can't wait for Solo's next karma puchaces, I finally found a way to make him a 'rigger' with very powerful watchers/homocoli, they get dicepools of 15 or so  for unarmed/astral, not mind blowing and spirits are stronger but they stick around for a couple of weeks.

Summon at F4 + greater ritual for (effectively F11),  agility 11-2 = 9 STR 11, unarmed combat 11/2 = 6
15 dice for unarmed, 11S damage - can build a small zombie army, they cost less then drones and I can do them on my own so instead getting all my drones geek-ed,   I'll get myself a combination of say 2 watchers and 3 homocoli or something for 'rigging'. This is the first time  I learn how to properly use ritual spell casting, I always thought that these rituals were very weak - but after initiation they become quite good.
« Last Edit: <07-24-15/0355:16> by gilga »

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2029 on: <07-24-15/0359:54> »
How are you getting that? I mean, I follow the force and skills calculation, but watchers can't manifest, and they only ever do 1 damage in astral combat. Its on the table on the next page. I'm pretty sure they're not valid targets for great form spirit either, because they're not actually spirits, just mana constructs.

adamu

« Reply #2030 on: <07-24-15/0433:30> »
@Kinkerbell - sweet on the action roster. Very cool.

One possible tweak - there was some back and forth on whether Solo was taking on the fire spirit, or going after one of the unmanifested spirits...I think he originally intended the fire, but then Aria had read it as one of the others, and then gilga was deciding which way to go.

gilga's last IC looked like he'd gone the astral route...

@gilga - could you confirm which you are fighting? Thanks!

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2031 on: <07-24-15/0436:24> »
Psh. Just doing my job. Since Aria was kind enough to let me write a little for London Below, I figured the least I could do was take a little of the maintenance load off while Aria is dealing with sick children.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2032 on: <07-24-15/0456:44> »
I took the astral hoping that people will empty a couple of rounds into the fire spirit. I do not mind to charge the fire spirit instead. Do you think it's best if we both target the fire?

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2033 on: <07-24-15/0503:23> »
The fire is already getting slapped around pretty hard (and hit by a car). I think you should do what you want to do. I don't think we're likely to screw the pooch hard enough that we need to minmax the hell out of this. I just misread.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2034 on: <07-24-15/0510:14> »
Watchers are indeed not very good for combat as they do 1 damage + net hits.
Greater ritual let you add your magic to the ritual force for +2 drain, if you are the ritual leader. (a couple of mages working together are even more scary).

So lets say you have 12 dice for rituals and magic 7.

F 4 watcher, resist with 8 dice (drain*2) not to terrible like binding a F4 spirit +2 drain. get F11 watcher. 15 dice of astral combat is a bit effective against weaker spirits say F5.
on average you get 5 extra dice (let's round for 2 net hits on average)
you do 3 damage, spirit resist with 5 - let's give it 2 successes ) 1 damage done.  Not very impressive - even if you have two of them. (but they are fun to have and can scout the astral and stuff).

If you can do F6 watcher you get F13 that has 18 dice for astral combat and can therefore do a whooping 2 damage on average for F5 spirit.  They can use their attack to help you make your hit with cooperation - and it is probobly the only way watchers will help you in combat.

Homocoli is more impressive,
F4 homocoli, (dead body) + greater ritual +7F - you are good up to 110kg of meat. (perhaps even an orc?)
unarmed 6 + Agility 9 = 15 dice for unarmed. Give it an AK-97 with a laser sight it is defaulting so 9-1 +1 = 9 dice for automatics. (like a drone).
So you get a minion that shoots like a drone, in unarmed is more effective than a drone and is a walking talking dead body (or anything else if you prefer) but I am fascinated with having a zombie.  (and has 1's in all mental attributes so again don't expect him to save the day).  Not mind blowing but still very nice considering the creation I describe cost 4 reagents.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2035 on: <07-24-15/0521:16> »
Well, depending on if the fire spirit survives the first phase, I'd probably drop another bulls eye burst on him. I'm confident that +12P AP 13 will take him out.

@gilga
Greater ritual is a neat trick combined with homunculus
You could create a pretty tough golem that way. If you use unprocessed stone you get a really high body score with low object resistance. But for ease of use you could go with reinforced concrete (6 resistance dice) for a sweet body 14 armor 24 ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2036 on: <07-24-15/0547:08> »
Seems cool enough, the F8 spirits are probobly more powerful but I never tried golems/zombies before, should be try out. Thanks for the tip reinforced concrete  seems like a good material. (but can it shoot the AK-97?)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2037 on: <07-24-15/0551:57> »
Depends on how good your casting mold is  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2038 on: <07-24-15/0620:08> »
Oh, not disputing that they're super cost effective! And I am super down with the zombie army plan. You'll fit right in in Night's Bridge.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2039 on: <07-24-15/0637:19> »
Hmmm.. well it's seems my car has been volunteered for me.  ::)
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor