NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1995 on: <07-22-15/0730:23> »
Sweet - I don't have to rewrite my post.

Of course Al cannot see Astral - looks like it's just me and the fire spirit - yeah, I'll edit that part about where I am fighting the same spirit as Solo right now...

Anyway, losing Friend in Melee bonus means Al's attack in the first Combat turn is down from 8 hits to 7 - still a palpable hit, I hope!

Glad we have Smiley and Goodbye (and Hallucination?) out with the family. Even if Solo and I tie two of these monsters up, the other two can pretty much still go where they want at will!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1996 on: <07-22-15/0751:37> »
Okay so solo the doctor and Al are inside the shop. Fighting spirits? I can also edit the description to have Solo charge the fire spirit. I sort of hoped it will be attacked more with ranged option. Isaint is also inside I think.

« Last Edit: <07-22-15/0753:25> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #1997 on: <07-22-15/0803:51> »
I believe according to our IC and Aria's OOC, the doctor is outside with Smiley and the rest of the family. The doc was in the building when the sending arrived, but now he is out with the rest.

If you want a piece of the fire spirit with Al, well, I can change my post again.

My thinking, though, is that any spirits we don't engage will be able to go after the family. So better to take on two.

Your call.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #1998 on: <07-22-15/0848:21> »
Okay, going to do a slight rewrite to act ahead of Smiley and sideline the questions Goodnight was asking. I'm assuming that I can see which way the wind is blowing what with the job, timing, and the fact that Smiley appears alone and out of breath, armed, and has combat going on behind him.

My unbound F8 fire spirit is about to get sent ahead to join the party, where it will manifest and do glorious battle. My bound is sticking with me, because I am not above using it as a dicepool enhancer if another spirit pops up and I have to clean its clock. I will use my first action to command my spirit (details IC, will post as soon as I finish this) and light up my power focus. Then I will walk (Don't want to use my free to run in case I need spell defense) 20 meters in the direction of the fight and- presumably- the fleeing family.

@Aria: How much information have I been given for this job? I know I have show up here, guide these people, they're shadowrunners, but have I been given anything else?

@crossbow: If the family is more than 40m away, its gonna take you a bit to get back to them now that we're in initiative. Running is AGIx4 meters per turn rather than per pass. You might want to run in their direction and then go on overwatch in case another spirit pops up. Then you can blast it as soon as it manifests if you're lugging a ranged weapon.
« Last Edit: <07-22-15/0852:29> by Kinkerbell »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1999 on: <07-22-15/0853:35> »
Runners plus 'tourists' I believe was the phrase :P  Not much more than that...rush job!  They are in trouble and need an 'out' ...I know you've IC'd it coming from one of your contacts, I perhaps may not have mentioned that you get Torrent as a freebie fixer contact but he could well have put the word out and your other contact picked it up...net result is the same.  He's covering your costs to prevent this run going too FUBAR!  Phrase 'see it through to the end' might have been used  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2000 on: <07-22-15/0855:08> »
Oh good. "Just get it done" plus no guidelines makes the combat black mage a happy lady. Its time to begin the hoop-kicking contest!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2001 on: <07-22-15/0855:23> »
Just to be clear: Isaint follows the family out to provide defense against the spirits that will surely go after the doc outside.
Astral perception is active to prevent any funny business like a concealment enhanced surprise attack.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2002 on: <07-22-15/0918:29> »
Posted! I have also adopted the R/B/G color scheme for speech, thoughts, and matrix chatter.

@aria: I am not going to micromanage the fire spirit unless you want me to for ease of use. I am comfortable with the GM interpreting my conjuration commands as liberally or conservatively as possible.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2003 on: <07-22-15/1232:03> »
If I need to roll for running, let me know. I just assumed the family would be slower than I am.

As a random question, does a cyberhand with agility enhancement provide a dice pool bonus on firing a pistol? What about strength enhancement for recoil? If not, would a partial/full cyberarm?
« Last Edit: <07-22-15/1722:53> by pistolgrip »

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #2004 on: <07-22-15/1805:22> »
Hey guys, sorry for my absence, I'm going to be gone a few more days, don't know when I'll be getting back.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #2005 on: <07-22-15/1934:04> »
Well, you'll be missed!

But good luck with whatever you're up to.

Look forward to seeing you back soon!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2006 on: <07-23-15/0134:58> »
Indeed, have fun in your away time.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2007 on: <07-23-15/0221:20> »
If I need to roll for running, let me know. I just assumed the family would be slower than I am.

As a random question, does a cyberhand with agility enhancement provide a dice pool bonus on firing a pistol? What about strength enhancement for recoil? If not, would a partial/full cyberarm?
Not sure what raw says but I've always assumed that for combat benefits you need a full limb. Sure, a hand would have good crush strength but that's not going to assist a punch... Etc
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2008 on: <07-23-15/0225:24> »
As far as I know, RAW says that partials only help with things that are solely the domain of the partial limb. So picking a lock would be a cyberhand thing, but aiming a gun is shoulder down.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2009 on: <07-23-15/0239:32> »
I think you can average the agility with the rest of the hand if Aria allows so it is not all or nothing. A hand is considered 1/4 of a limb, and if it is a limb operation to fire a pistol, for every 4 extra agility you got on the hand you should be able to get +1 agility for the entire arm.  (Totally a suggestion, RAW actually explicitly leave the decision of what exactly cyberlimbs do the the GM. )

If you want to be super realistic about it, firing a pistol is usually done with two hands. Professionals also use their legs and torso to achieve maximum accuracy. But I think that they cyber-arm of awesome is a really cool concept. So I wouldn't get that realistic about it (it is a big super human mechanical arm after all... most people don't have them to fire pistols nowadays I bet I'd do it differently if I had one).