NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1980 on: <07-21-15/1820:56> »
Everyone ought to really...and then it's back to keeping track of combat rounds :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1981 on: <07-21-15/1823:23> »
Damnit, two comrades in close combat already. Yeah, that's going to be a really nasty brawl.

Just out of curiosity, how high level is this spirit we just chose to tackle?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1982 on: <07-21-15/1834:50> »
OK, seems to be some confusion as to whether the spirits are out in the street, or in the shop... ATM there seems to be two conflicting posts about where.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1983 on: <07-21-15/1842:24> »
Okay - I think my IC post answers any questions about Al's location - inside fighting the spirit(s) with Solo.

Spike is supposed to stay with the family, but I'm afraid he will probably stay outside the door.

Boat and car go nowhere.

@Aria - hoping that in the pre-combat time moment as the Spirit materializes Al can slip in the Simple and Free Action, to activate his Spirit Claw focus and then the power itself. If not, then I'll miss my first action.

Assuming that gets done, my first action will be Free to activate Killing Hands, movement to close the distance, then Complex to melee spirit.

Will be on Full Defense from the get-go, so minus ten on my initiative rolls.

Last dice wall was an awfully long time ago, so here are Initiative, Attack and Defense rolls.

Initiative
11 + 2d6
Can't figure out how to make Orokos do this, so these will get hand rolled
6,1 = 18 --> 8 after Full D
4,6 = 21 --> 11
4,7 = 18 --> 8
5,6 = 22 --> 12
I'll let you know if I go off Full D

Melee - for now I'll add 1 die for friend in melee - drop that if more of them materialize - and I'll add 2 for a charge on the first attack.
Base damage is 6P.
Charging attack
Charging attack: 14d6t5 8 EDIT - as mentioned in other post, w/o friend in melee this goes down to 7 hits. Anyway, my Limit is 5.
Subsequent attacks
More attacks: 4#12d6t5 3 3 5 5

Defense
Full Defense rolls: 5#19d6t5 5 4 7 5 2
No glitches.
As usual, if any roll leaves me getting hit, will use Edge to reroll fails.

Soak (this is just body plus armor, does not include R6 fire resist, should that apply)
Soak (not incl fire resist): 5#15d6t5 1 9 4 6 5

Finally...I think there was some talk about getting some Edge back....
« Last Edit: <07-23-15/1951:55> by adamu »

adamu

« Reply #1984 on: <07-21-15/1847:20> »
OK, seems to be some confusion as to whether the spirits are out in the street, or in the shop... ATM there seems to be two conflicting posts about where.

Yeah, it seemed crystal clear to me when I first read it that it was in the shop, but now that I look again, Aria's IC post could be read either way....

Well that's a massive retcon for me if I got it wrong - but just let us know Aria, and we can fix it!

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #1985 on: <07-21-15/1939:37> »
Goodnight's Initiative: 29. Just missed the 4 action special.

I'm going to double back and take the question out of my IC post and move straight for the action if I end up top of the order.

@Aria: The London Below names I'm kind of just spinning off the top of my head and then attaching them to things I need as I go. Except for Night's Birdge- under Knightsbridge, not surprisingly- which is straight-up stolen from Neverwhere. If you like, I can do a brief write-up of a bunch of places, if you want a hand filling out the underground. I have lots of time on my hands.

@Smiley: My apologies, I missed the successful perception roll. You totally saw me.
« Last Edit: <07-21-15/1948:16> by Kinkerbell »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1986 on: <07-22-15/0342:50> »
cool locations kink and I like how you created a detailed physical description of your char.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1987 on: <07-22-15/0351:50> »
By the way, I thin that using a big car to hit the spirit may be effective.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1988 on: <07-22-15/0355:32> »
I was gonna just going to ask... :)
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1989 on: <07-22-15/0455:00> »
Hmm... well the damage would be via impact speed.. which means I'd need a head start.. the other issue is I'm in hot sim VR so I'll be taking the crash biofeedback as physical damage.

I'd possibly look at getting a weapon mounted... but I've barely got enough for a concealed heavy mount, much less a HMG or Assault cannon.

Ohh, right initiative...

Hot Sim Initiative: 11+4d6 28
Hot Sim Initiative: 11+4d6 25
Hot Sim Initiative: 11+4d6 30
« Last Edit: <07-22-15/0504:39> by ScytheKnight »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1990 on: <07-22-15/0523:14> »
The vehicle will probobly do body + net hit damage. It will take body/2 damage in return - that the vehicle can resist and you will only take half of what the vehicle don't resist as biofeedback (and then you have firewall and regular damage resistance for that half). Do the numbers with the actual body of the vehicle to see if it is worth it.
My personal experience was that my Ford in another game was sort of a bike killer, and it took very little damage from smashing the little bikers. (11 body) .

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1991 on: <07-22-15/0536:38> »
The thing is: Without a magic car or high AP you probably won't damage the spirit much (I'm guessing it's a force 8+ spirit)
8 automatic soak + 25 Soak dice.

Add to that, that you have friendlies in melee, this is probably not the best solution.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1992 on: <07-22-15/0617:18> »
-6AP is a big deal I think it can really send the spirit to the metaplanes.

Characters resist ramming damage with Body + Armor – 6 AP.
But I think that Nitro's car may not be big enough (just 10 body).  The bulldog has body of 16 and 16+ net hits -6AP is a big deal for a spirit.
« Last Edit: <07-22-15/0620:23> by gilga »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1993 on: <07-22-15/0717:46> »
Ah the fog of pbp…and me writing posts too fast without sufficient description :P

Been trying to decide which will involve the least retconning on your parts and I think it is for the situation to be as I’d originally envisaged it, and that is for the spirit to come down in the middle of the shop…

Events so far
  • Torrent’s warning followed by spirit guards’ warning about the incoming ritual sorcery
  • Start to hustle family out
  • Sending arrives (while Doc is still in the building)
  • Family outside, Smiley ‘running’ to meeting point
  • Hostile spirits arrive in machine shop (only Fire materialises)
  • Solo attacks a non-materialised spirit, so Al can only assist with this combat if he can see astral (can he?!?), otherwise it’s the fiery one for you!

Spirit forces are Fire 8, Air 7, Earth 6, Water 5…

I'll let you ram fire on the way out if you like...just watch for Al!

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1994 on: <07-22-15/0729:02> »
Again, dealing any significant damage takes speed, which inside I just won't have.

Blagh... what I would give for another 14 grand right now... got enough for a concealed heavy mount, but then nothing for something with enough firepower to be worth the investment as well as making my car HIGHLY illegal.

Post count 59
« Last Edit: <07-22-15/0735:04> by ScytheKnight »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor