NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1845 on: <07-08-15/1614:22> »
I don't understand we haven't lost a single ride. How are we missing ride? All these runners got to that ally on some wheels.
We can make Al's almost finished van go back. Snow also has a half dead car that can go back.
I think Solo is skilled enough to drive them without crashing into anything.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1846 on: <07-08-15/1705:34> »
You might be right, I don't know at this point. 

The ones still in the hole are Smiley, Isaint, Frenchman, JackHammer Duke and Hallucination, yes?

3 bikes and a car if we can get them all out.

I guess we are okay, I will mod my post. 

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1847 on: <07-08-15/1723:30> »
Am I right to think the Frenchman's car in the garage is still accessible? And can be used to get the hell out?
I can get all four runners from the roof in it.

The garage in Oxford?
The car might have some bits of helicopter on it but is driveable...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #1848 on: <07-08-15/1729:28> »
... so we are the 'bad' guys? because the guys that jumped us did not seem very much interested in the family.

Well, it's obviously just a theory...

We probably all should have been a lot more suspicious when Art told us there was no way to identify ourselves to the Doc...bit of a stretch for a pro job.

And now the ambush, and Art not reachable.

There is probably still more going on than we are even guessing yet, but we gotta start somewhere....

And just because those guys were using the Doc as a shield, doesn't mean they weren't from Evo. They easily could have had an extract or deny order - if you can't have him for us, make sure no one else gets him...

We'll see what we can get out of the Doc and Torrent, take it from there...

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1849 on: <07-09-15/0009:05> »
I threw down a resonance veil on thier decker
He is very much veiled!!!  He clearly knows something is up but has pretty much no chance of finding your icons while you bug out... so, are you going to do as Solo suggested a rifle through his deck?

@Everyone else... you're pretty much clear as the opposition back off once their ride gets trashed.  You can hunt them of course if you want to but you're a little divided at the moment!

We can either IC discussions with the Doc and Torrent or we can do as before and post a load of Q&A in the OoC and then whoever gets to it first can write it up...

I need to know where you intend to go now (and do), which will probably be determined by those negotiations...

How would he know something is up? All the icons have a ghost icon still in their place
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1850 on: <07-09-15/0702:26> »
I threw down a resonance veil on thier decker
He is very much veiled!!!  He clearly knows something is up but has pretty much no chance of finding your icons while you bug out... so, are you going to do as Solo suggested a rifle through his deck?

@Everyone else... you're pretty much clear as the opposition back off once their ride gets trashed.  You can hunt them of course if you want to but you're a little divided at the moment!

We can either IC discussions with the Doc and Torrent or we can do as before and post a load of Q&A in the OoC and then whoever gets to it first can write it up...

I need to know where you intend to go now (and do), which will probably be determined by those negotiations...

How would he know something is up? All the icons have a ghost icon still in their place
Ah, ok, sorry, missed that one! So, you going to hack him?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1851 on: <07-10-15/0113:06> »
So umm... how did Solo suddenly go from a regular summoning tradition to a possession tradition?  :o
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1852 on: <07-10-15/0248:28> »
So umm... how did Solo suddenly go from a regular summoning tradition to a possession tradition?  :o
Channeling can apparently be learnt by any tradition! It was a new one on me but we looked it up!

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1853 on: <07-10-15/0259:38> »
Huuuh... was under the impression regular traditions could learn Invocation while Possession traditions could learn Channeling...

But yeah.. it DOES explicitly state any tradition can learn Channeling. that is RALLY frakken weird.
« Last Edit: <07-10-15/0301:56> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1854 on: <07-10-15/0429:55> »
Part of the relentless march toward homogenizing all magic users.

Back in the day, shamans and mages were really different mechanically.
I really miss that.

Day will come when it's all just generic magic users with a variety of options for your RP fluff.

My two cents - blah.

I suppose that, apart from trying to steamline the mechanics, it is supposed to widen players' choices. But you get to a point where it's so wide, no one even has to make any choices.

End of rant.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1855 on: <07-10-15/0510:23> »
If it's ok, I'll use this break in the story to spend some money and karma, since Isaint just reached Street Cred 3:

Initiate Level 1 (13 Karma): Rapid Draw and Melanine Control
Arcana 1 (1 Karma. I really hate having to buy this as an adept just to be able to initiate)
Running 1 (1 Karma. Seems like running will be the modus operandi in this run ;) )

Gear:
Agent 6 (12000 NY)
5x Stealth Dongle 1 (15000 NY)
Program Carrier: Virtual Machine (900 NY)
2x Packs electronic parts (500 NY)
4x Nixdorf Sekretär Commlink (16000 NY)

Ammo:
APDS 30x  (360 NY)
GEL 30x (75 NY)
Flash Bang (100 NY)

1x Stim Patch 6
2x Data Tap (600 NY; it was really painful to leave those in Oxford behind  :'( )
Cyber programs and apps:
Browse, Signal Scrub, Ticker, Diagnostics (360 NY)
Hacking programs:
Exploit, Sneak, Smoke and Mirrors, Wrapper (1000 NY)

« Last Edit: <07-10-15/1756:24> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1856 on: <07-10-15/0535:49> »
Guys... just a newbie trying to learn how initiations work. First initiation that was not more power points. I wasn't around in previous editions ad so so I do not know if it is good or bad. It seems to blend very well with hacking.

adamu

« Reply #1857 on: <07-10-15/0833:26> »
@gilga - absolutely no criticism of you, dude. Just whining about direction of rules changes I don't like.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1858 on: <07-10-15/0834:49> »
@Jack: I may have been playing it wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I thought you only needed arcana to join a group and get the initiation discount?!?

Other than that, everything on your list is fine!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1859 on: <07-10-15/0839:10> »
There we are.. Tobbis thought to himself. Now lets see what you've all been up to, you naughty people. continuing to hide in the shadows of matrix, he began working slowly, but surely to get the information on these people. It was a simple little bit of hacking, one he hoped didn't turn foul on him..
Can you go through the matrix perception list and ask the number of questions that you've got hits for?  Bit easier than me giving you blanket information!  Thanks!