• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1800 on: <07-04-15/0153:57> »
Deck upgrades works best with loot. ;)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1801 on: <07-04-15/0644:51> »
Looting works best when you're not running like fuck.  ;)
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1802 on: <07-04-15/0711:39> »
Well let's try to save some innocents over london and get a helicopter (that will be extremely hard to drop or continue using but may have some identifying evidence on top of it. If we actually manage to secure it.)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1803 on: <07-04-15/1835:24> »
Alright, looks like it's time to get the convoy stopped so I can stop having to drive...

Man.. the more I look at the MBW system the more I think it'd be perfect for Snow Crash... it's just the kind of extreme setup he'd go for.. alas I'd need to basically redo his 'ware from the ground up to fit it, and the skilljack, in.

OK, done a post about trying to gain control of the chopper... once I have the marks I'm unsure if you want me to roll Control Device actions, default Pilot Aircraft actions, or both.
« Last Edit: <07-04-15/2017:28> by ScytheKnight »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1804 on: <07-05-15/0124:45> »
You cannot default pilot aircraft - but you can turn the autopilot on.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1805 on: <07-05-15/0241:39> »
*sighs* damnit where's those skillwires? or a rigger in this team for that matter  ::)
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1806 on: <07-05-15/0254:56> »
Solo is working on rigging (at least for remote control - a control rig is for the future as it burns magic) I can get him a bit of pilot aircraft, (was already in the plan, after ground craft and gunnery).  The next drones will be vehicles, probobly bikes as they got more hit points and may not fall apart after a single shot.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1807 on: <07-05-15/0417:35> »
Yeah, been contemplating a technorigger if the worst happens... although with nano and gene therapy available for boosting effectiveness of control rigs that's a bit tempting as well.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1808 on: <07-05-15/0446:21> »
Discussing this stuff with Trisk, I think we reached a conclusion that techno's make the best possible riggers. Because of access to both machine spirits and a submersion that is very similar to control rig.  so for 13 + 16 + 19 karma you get the equivalent of a level 3 rig - where a level 1 control rig already makes you better than almost all drivers without a rig. If there is one augmentation that I feel it is worth burning magic for it is the control rig as it gives very attractive bonuses to controlling stuff. in an odd way, finally playing a player with physical capabilities - I still miss the control rig more than the ability to shot with a gun, dodge bullets and climb stuff.

What is this nano/gene therapy ? am I missing some rigging book?
« Last Edit: <07-05-15/0448:02> by gilga »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1809 on: <07-05-15/0644:48> »
Chrome Flesh mate... they don't act as a rig, and you can't get both at once... but basically they improve an existing control rig.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1810 on: <07-05-15/1845:37> »
Before you all get too excited - sorry to be a party pooper but you've sent a spirit to turn on a button that only 'exists' in AR...there's no physical dashboard on this chopper...even if there were the rigger is jacked directly into the machine which overrides any external access (yes, he's close to being dead but the machine doesn't know that yet)...it has about 10m to fall and it will get that far in about 1 second, so even the autopilot couldn't pull it out of a crash if you did turn it on...now you might think I'm being an arse but you could also look at it as a game balance thing...more importantly you could consider what the corp would do when you run off with their black ops chopper...drone launched air to air missile anyone?!?  'Fraid you'll have to work a tad harder if you want one of these babies...sorry :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1811 on: <07-05-15/1920:45> »
Weeeellllll dreck. Well played sir. I'm not entirely sure we where trying to steal it, well not yet anyway, just prevent the crash... but seems that's not going to happen... looks like people are going to need to start seriously hoofing it.

I guess that's what we get for 1-shotting the pilot of a military black-ops helicopter without any plan of what to do next.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1812 on: <07-05-15/1949:53> »
Hey Aria, what about getting Art on the line for a little underfire renegotiation?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1813 on: <07-05-15/2351:16> »
I just wanted not to kill a bunch of innocents - but okay sometimes you win sometimes you lose still a good story to have the spirit just sit there in aww not understanding this technology thing.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1814 on: <07-06-15/0016:35> »
Before you all get too excited - sorry to be a party pooper but you've sent a spirit to turn on a button that only 'exists' in AR...there's no physical dashboard on this chopper...even if there were the rigger is jacked directly into the machine which overrides any external access (yes, he's close to being dead but the machine doesn't know that yet)...it has about 10m to fall and it will get that far in about 1 second, so even the autopilot couldn't pull it out of a crash if you did turn it on...now you might think I'm being an arse but you could also look at it as a game balance thing...more importantly you could consider what the corp would do when you run off with their black ops chopper...drone launched air to air missile anyone?!?  'Fraid you'll have to work a tad harder if you want one of these babies...sorry :P

Looks like they might need me back :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen