NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1770 on: <06-30-15/1755:11> »

Quote from: Aria
Can I have car 'dodge' and damage resist rolls from Snow please?  Incoming fire!!
[spoiler]
Dreck...

Defense Tests
Vehicle Defence Test: 11d6t5 6 hits -2D for BF [FN HAR 10P, -6AP] Dodged
Vehicle Defence Test: 11d6t5 5 hits -3D = 3 hits [FN HAR 10P, -6AP] Dodged
Vehicle Defence Test: 11d6t5 5 hits -4D = 4 hits [FN HAR 10P, -6AP] Attacker 2 net hits acc 6 with laser
Vehicle Defence Test: 11d6t5 1 hit -5D = 0 hits [Uzi 7P, -4AP] Attacker 2 net hits

Soak tests
Vehicle Soak Test: 17d6t5 6 hits 3 mod hits so 9 boxes of damage!
Vehicle Soak Test: 17d6t5 4 hits 3 mod hits so 6 boxes of damage!!! Eeek, only 3 boxes left!!!

whelp... OK so just in case any of these wind up calling for it I'll roll up a crash avoidance test.

Vehicle emergany handling check: 10d6t5 4 hits
Handling on the Ford Americar is 4 so again hit my limit.[/spoiler]
Ford Americar [H4/3, Sp3, Ac2, B11, A6, Pi1, Sn2, St4] now with 3 boxes of damage left on the monitor!!! Limping!!!

Yieks! Glad that's my car and not me!

I now have this mental image of Snow Crash trying to continue backing what's left of his car out the alleyway driving one handed while his other hand grabs the Ares Crusader and lays down suppressive fire at the armored goons... and I have no idea if this is even possible...

EDIT: Ahh crap, Ares Crusader II is only BF capable anyway... so much for that idea. =/
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/1816:09> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1771 on: <06-30-15/1820:41> »
I'll get my actions up soon. I was thinking of just using influence to make one of the snipers walk off the buildings there on. Any problems with that?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1772 on: <06-30-15/1833:30> »
I'll get my actions up soon. I was thinking of just using influence to make one of the snipers walk off the buildings there on. Any problems with that?

I'd rather not start that arms race... maybe kick them or shoot them with Gel Round to knock them off instead?
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1773 on: <07-01-15/0208:51> »
Initiative: 2d6+14 23

Power Climb the Line to the Chopper: 13d6t5 3
Power Climb the Line to the Chopper: 13d6t5 6

Four passes (1 full round plus one pass) to get to the chopper.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1774 on: <07-01-15/0814:09> »
Ok, this is what I've got so far...can you read the location spoiler too and make sure I've not misinterpreted your locations again?

Thanks!

List by Location relative to ‘family’
[spoiler]
Apartment Rooftop
Player: Pistolgrip <<Jackhammer>>
Player: HydroRaven <<Mel>>
Player: Saithor <<Hallucination>>

Hound Helicopter
Player: Obidancer <<The Frenchman>>

Alley [Outside apartment building]
Foe#1-3 [Snipers – from buildings above] w. FN HAR [A5(6), 10P, -2AP, SA/BF/FA, R2, 35(c)]
Foe#4 [Bum] w. Enfield AS-7 [A4(5), 13P(15P), -1AP (-2AP), SA/BF, 10(c)/24(d)], L Milspec Armour (no helmet) [15] incapacitated
Foe#5 [Orc bum] w. Uzi IV [A4(5), 7P, 0AP, BF, R(1), 24(c)], L Sec Armour (no helmet) [15]

Player: Jack_Spade <<Isaint>>

Foe#8-10 [descenders] w. FN HAR [A5(6), 10P, -2AP, SA/BF/FA, R2, 35(c)], L Milspec armour + Helmet [18 Hardened!]

Foe#7 Mage
Player: Crossbow <<Smiley>>
Solo’s Fc 8 Spirit

Player: zeththeadeptork <<Duke>>

Helo overhead Nissan Hound [H5, Sp4, Ac3, B16, A16, Pi2, Sn4, St12] 2 wpn mounts

Dean Street Heading North to Oxford Street
Jackrabbit
Player: Triskavanski <<Tobis>>
Player: Gilga <<Solo>>

[Van] GMC Bulldog [H3/3, Sp3, Ac1, B16, A12, Pi1, Sn2, St6] 15 boxes damage
Player: Adamu <<Al>>
Player: DrZombol <<Daddy>> temporarily incapacitated
Family [Richard, Rachel, Natasha, William]

Player: ScytheKnight <<Snow Crash>>
[/spoiler]

Combat Rnds
Rnd1/1
Foe 1-3 target drones (drone 1 & 2 dead in first round – ouch, sorry, will talk later about recouping the loss of your newest purchases!)
Foe 4 shoots van (edge pushing limit – 15 boxes of damage!!!)
Foe 5 shoots at Snow in cover (winged but no damage!)
Foe 6 (Elemental) shoves car across alley
Foe 7 stun balls Crossbow and Duke (resist rolls please!)  Crossbow takes 1 stun!
Isaint shoots foe 4
Snow shoots foe 1 with flashbang
Drone shoot foe 4
Solo’s spirit engages elemental
Smiley looks for mage but charges elemental when it is clear they are somewhere out of sight – elemental doesn’t last long!
Al secures the van

‘Out of combat’ fudge time
Inside team begin to climb to upper levels, Al, Tobis, Snow rapid reverse (after flashbanging descenders), illusion of van exploding, Solo’s spirit hunts mage, Frenchman jumps to descent line from helo, Solo drops levitating car between Snow’s car and the Descenders

2/1 Solo fires at mage Foe#7, Spirit attacks, Smiley vaults and drop kicks/stamps on mage, Al drives north like a madman (an invisible one!)

2/2 Solo gets in Jackrabbit just as it exits alley (after chasing it down)

2/3

2/4

3/1 Frenchman reaches the chopper

Note: it would be a good idea for Tobis and Snow to bracket the van as it travels otherwise other road users are going to try and occupy the space where the van is…with predictable results!  I’ve assumed you’ll go north but could easily be south if you wanted.  Oxford Street is a major thoroughfare with lots of traffic…unless this corp kill squad have serious clout it’s unlikely they’ll be able to pursue you along it with a chopper – draw too much attention!

Of course your smoking vehicles may do that all by themselves!

@Al: liked your description of the invisible van - never really thought about the implications before...given it's not an area spell I guess technically you are all sitting in thin air and looking like a perfect target but that goes a bit against the spirit of the effect I feel... :P  Perhaps I should have looked up object resistance tables and the like to see if the spell works???  Ah sod it, too late now  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1775 on: <07-01-15/0838:04> »
From her vantage point, Mel will try and look at the enemy and figure out who is giving the orders/calling the shots. She will look for anyone that has an overall view of the situation, that seems to be somewhat removed from direct conflict and that is using his/her commlink profusely (or at least seems to be talking to a microphone of some sort).

Perception 〜 Intuition 5 + Perception 6 + Visual 2 + Hawk Eye 1 + Vision Enhancement 3 + Actively Looking 3: 20d6t5 6 no glitches, under Mel's mental limit of 7.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1776 on: <07-01-15/0846:56> »
There are lots of grimey windows...you can see movement at a few of them as people gawp (safely) at the carnage outside...one could conceivably be the leader - plus you've not located the decker yet...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1777 on: <07-01-15/0915:40> »
If we apply object resistance invisibility is very difficult to break as cars are highly processed objects.
However, in my opinion invisibility does not effect the van itself, but the mind of the viewers.
(the improved one is in the grey area of interpretation like too many parts of the rules) 

From the book:

"Invisibility affects the minds of viewers. Improved Invisibility
mimics the subject’s surroundings from all angles
and affects technological sensors as well."

So the way I read this phrase is that the improved invisibility is a special case of trid that instead of creating a location based illusion creates an object base illusion as if the object is not there.  I am not sure that object itself is effected in any way - but if you think it does I am all game ;)  I know that the rules of this game are badly written and the fluff does not always effect the game mechanics and stuff like that.

I think that as a rule -  illusion magic cannot effect the real world it is not effected by object resistance.  not require object resistance. 

another illusion spell that specifically designed to effect cars also do not mention the word object resistance in its description:

VEHICLE MASK
(REALISTIC, MULTI-SENSE)
Type: P Range: T
Duration: S Drain: F – 3
Vehicle Mask is a variant of Physical Mask (p. 291,
SR5) designed to mask the identities of vehicles and
drones. By touching the targeted vehicle, the spellcaster
creates an illusion that masks it to appear to be a completely
different vehicle of roughly the same size. In
addition to the visual mask, this spell affects the vehicle’s
sound, smell, and other identifiable characteristics.
Vehicle Mask can also modify a vehicle’s Signature (p.
184, SR5); each net hit scored by the caster can be used
to raise or lower the vehicle’s Signature modifier by 1.
The caster must be actively touching the vehicle being

In contrast,  Manipulation spells do mention object resistance. (like the fashion spell in SG).

FASHION
(ENVIRONMENTAL, AREA)
Type: P Range: T
Duration: P Drain: F – 1
This spell instantly tailors clothing, transforming garments
into any fashion the caster wishes. The net hits
over the clothing’s object resistance (defense pool for
the clothing can be between 6 and 9, depending on the
complexity of the material and whether it interweaves
electronics into the threads) measure the degree of
style in the tailoring. The spell cannot change clothing’s
protective value, only its cut, color, pattern, and fit. The
weight of the clothing does not change, and it must cover
approximately the same amount of area (for example,
a jumpsuit can’t be converted into a bikini). The caster
must touch the clothing.
« Last Edit: <07-01-15/0922:34> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1778 on: <07-01-15/1008:54> »
I'm going to assume, that Isaint has parked his bike somewhere outside the alley.

If the Frenchman wasn't on board the helicopter, I'd try to shoot him down.
Those milspec guys are really a pain in the ass to deal with.

We still haven't found the mage or the decker and our team is now very much in disarray.

So, our next step is clear: Take over the helicopter.  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #1779 on: <07-01-15/1019:49> »

@Al: liked your description of the invisible van - never really thought about the implications before...given it's not an area spell I guess technically you are all sitting in thin air and looking like a perfect target but that goes a bit against the spirit of the effect I feel... :P  Perhaps I should have looked up object resistance tables and the like to see if the spell works???  Ah sod it, too late now  ::)

Actually, the interpretation I used for the post was that, since the RAW says Improved Invisibility mimics the surroundings so that a viewer can't see the object (basically like a magical ruthenium polymer/Predator camo thing), then outside viewers can see neither the van nor it's interior, as all they are seeing is a mimicry of the street view beyond.
Likewise, insiders can't see the van, since when they look at the interior they are seeing a mimicry of what lies beyond its walls in their LOS.

But honestly, I was not even sure you'd let us turn the van invisible, which is why I waited to IC until you'd ruled on it.

See the post I started on DS for a short but interesting discussion...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1780 on: <07-01-15/1428:03> »
Karma spent: 41 from start of game:
13 initiation (channeling)
3+5+7+9=25 pilot ground craft 1-->5 (discount from jack of all trades quality).
1+3: Gunnery 0-->2

He'll become a rigger eventually and then Aria will need to work a little harder in order to take down my drones. At least that's the spirit. 27 karma before Solo can shoot from a drone ;)

The 3th initiative round Solo will activate agiltiy boost (he sort of had a simple action remaining)
Agility Boost: 8d6t5 2
so his fire will keep all 5 hits (I took 2 dice from running and bring them back).

The last initiative round Solo will dramatically enter the jackrabbit and begin driving.
It is a really cool move because tobias is a technomancer so he adds dice to Solo.  with his machine spirit running diagnostics.
Pilot ground craft + diagnostics 4: 17d6t5 4
17d6t5: 4 [17d6t5=4, 6, 6, 4, 3, 6, 4, 5, 2, 4, 4, 1, 2, 4, 2, 2, 2]
(2 dice reduced because Solo is still maintaining invisibility. but the number of hits stays the same).

The limit for handling is 4, (speed 3) but AR driving ads +1 to the limits. (and is so much cooler to see on the display data about other cars and such. the machine spirits also do good but I am not sure how.  any way all 4 hits are kept and hopefully Al will manage to get away with driving invisible. 
« Last Edit: <07-01-15/1440:01> by gilga »

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1781 on: <07-02-15/0214:52> »
Really sorry for how long it's taking to post. My books aren't avaliable, but I'll be able to have something up tomorrow. Should have just brought them with me.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1782 on: <07-02-15/0752:23> »
That's why I get all my books as pdfs these days :P

@Gilga: minor question - didn't you cast the invisibility at a rather low force?  I can't be bothered to hunt back through the OoC posts now so don't worry if you can't remember either  ::)  ...it's fairly moot as the helicopter can see the fine just fine thanks to radar and movement sensors, the mage has told them it's invisible, so a fairly simple matter to 'see through' the illusion...having said that everyone's kind of busy at the moment anyway...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1783 on: <07-02-15/0758:10> »
I think force 3 but pushed limit to get good result. Dont remember how good the roll was. They are also wifi dark to be extra stealthy. Turned off kind of dark not silent.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1784 on: <07-02-15/0830:12> »
@Aria

That brings up a question: What kind of Heli is this? At the moment I have the mental picture of a Black Hawk. Also, I'm assuming, there are clear windows and it's not exclusively maneuvered by VR. Otherwise I might have been to hasty in shooting the pilot  ::) ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex