NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1740 on: <06-21-15/1333:20> »
Saithor you can avoid a lot of drain damage if you use reagents to set the limit and cast at lower force.
it is easier to dispel but otherwise the illusion will feel just as real.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1741 on: <06-21-15/1813:08> »
Saithor, I know hallucination is hurt but I'm counting on her now for some amazing team work!

Aria, what roll would it be to power climb the line up to the chopper? BOD+STR? Gymnastic + STR?

Hoping to be invisible so that no enemy will notice him climbing up and getting inside.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1742 on: <06-21-15/2352:18> »
Saithor, I know hallucination is hurt but I'm counting on her now for some amazing team work!

Aria, what roll would it be to power climb the line up to the chopper? BOD+STR? Gymnastic + STR?

Hoping to be invisible so that no enemy will notice him climbing up and getting inside.

I'm not trying to avoid more drain, as the detonation wouldn't cause that, just think that it appearing and immediatly blowing up wouldn't be convincing. Changing it now so that you're invisible. Also, is anybody keeping track of initiative?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1743 on: <06-22-15/0052:46> »
This is really cool idea Obidancer. Saithor I think with regents you can easily do both (Solo lifted car and made it invisible with reckless casting as the same time.).  The force do not have to be much as you have regents to set the limit and you overcome the +3 drain easily. The only limitation is not to do combat spells like that. (you can only do one attack per round unless spiting dice, support spells and reagents work really good).  About not being convincing I read all the stuff that happens in the same initiative phase as happened simultaneously. 

adamu

« Reply #1744 on: <06-22-15/0718:26> »
Obidancer - pure badassery, dude.

For my part, if and when we get GM approval for the van to actually be out of the alley and zipping along invisibly, I have a cool IC in mind for the pros and cons of driving while invisible!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1745 on: <06-22-15/0745:31> »
It takes some real skill to drive invisible... my only pro is that it is difficult to shoot at you because even if they see you with some sensor  like astral, or ultrasound. they cannot make sure not to hit the family, and called shot to the engine is a bit stretching it when all you can see is a big ball of illusion magic or a spot on the ultrasound.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1746 on: <06-25-15/1355:38> »
Hello?...   ello?  lo?   :)

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1747 on: <06-25-15/1357:55> »
Atia is put for a few days
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1748 on: <06-25-15/1404:38> »
He said he was going for 10 days - 10 days ago so I think today or tomorrow he will post.

adamu

« Reply #1749 on: <06-25-15/1943:15> »
Biting nails...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1750 on: <06-27-15/1816:48> »
Hope to be back in the saddle on Monday!  Got a whole lot of IC to digest first  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1751 on: <06-29-15/0807:13> »

Gymnastics + Strength [Physical], unassisted climb up 1 meter per 2 hits, I'll be nice and say there are no mods to the roll as it's not an easy climb with the downdraft from the helo but isn't as bad as climbing a brick wall... you'd better hope you're invisible, it's about 30m up!  Don't glitch  8)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1752 on: <06-29-15/0822:56> »
Whew! You people can write. I got behind on Monday, then I wasn't able to catch up on Tuesday, then... etc.
Alright, let me do some initiative and get some actions posted. Edits inbound.

Initiative: 3d6+12: 26 [3d6=6, 2, 6]

So, I didn't mention it before leaving town, but since Jackhammer's hotel is where we just left it would make sense for him to grab his full gear before heading to London. I'm assuming that's alright (and that someone was willing to drive him the few blocks for the pickup).

So is the scout team (meaning Jackhammer and company) aware of any hostiles in the apartment, or just a bunch of explosives and debris? Is there any way forward/up to our original destination? How much of what's going on would we be aware of? Snipers, hobos, elementals, helicopters...?

Oh yeah, and since I'm running on the ground this time, I'll go full meatworld and turn off my commlink (unless someone can tell me why that's a horrible idea).
You have your gear, that's fine!

There weren't any threats in the apartment, the explosives where in the floor of the apartment above it!  You didn't take any damage (the note on Hallucination was intended to allow for Saithor being unable to post for a few days...).  It would be a fairly safe assumption after the explosion that the Doc's/family's well being isn't high on their agenda!

As has been mentioned IC you can climb the debris to the floor above, or go back to the stair/lift core and go up...assume you know everything the others do (shared AR)...unless you are running dark now (most of you?!?) in which case we'll assume you are at least talking to one another via micro transceivers!

So..., trying to sort through the IC and the events of while I've been away and getting the rough combat rounds straight.  We'll assume Daddy has taken a blow to the head in Al's sudden reversal of the van and isn't up to assisting you at the moment!  Anyone else AWOL?  I think I've seen recent posts from everyone else???

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1753 on: <06-29-15/0836:19> »
I am here. Welcome back Aria! I hope you had tons of fun!
Solo's next actions are
simple action cast levitate to lift the car. 
simple action cast invisibility on al's truck. 
both spells casted with reckless casting, and regents were used to limit drain potential.  (14 reagents total, I'll update the char sheet soon).

free action - tons of texting - just for RP.

move action get in jackhammer. 

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1754 on: <06-29-15/0855:39> »
Isaint shot at the guy with the shotgun, went full defense and was ready to enter combat round two (Which depending on the success of the drones and the grenade, will probably consist of a quick retreat)
« Last Edit: <06-29-15/0902:06> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex