NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1725 on: <06-19-15/0810:55> »
Yeah I wouldn't be doing Bumblebees or Steel Lynx's without being a rigger of sum description... but a technorigger does have the CR jumped in + machine sprite thing going on with that M202 (or something bigger) even just laying down (improved) suppressing fire that's gonna make a mess

But then hell, this is someone who can't even work out what the defense roll for a drone on autopilot would be... god DAMN is the rigger section a mess.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1726 on: <06-19-15/0846:51> »
Heck you got me. Dones are vehicles except when they're not, then they're like meatwold guys on the matrix, except for when they're not and run their own subset of rules, maybe when they're not being vehicles or meatworld guys.

Luckily with everyone running silent or dark, we've got like 3 IPs before their hacker can do anything.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1727 on: <06-19-15/0944:26> »
Ares Road master. 18 body, 18 armor 8 places for people.
21 hit points 36 soak dice, pilot of 3 so it can sort of shot for itself . It  can support 4 weapon mounts maybe even 5. 
So the passengers can also shoot from inside completely protected only 52k + equipment (for feference my mini army cost about half that. )
When I get some cash I think it is a nice place to start. Can't take a monster truck everywhere tough. ;)

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1728 on: <06-19-15/1519:52> »
Wow, I come back and everything has gone to bugger all this. Hallucination is going to follow Jackhammer to the roof to try and take out the snipers.
« Last Edit: <06-19-15/1527:01> by saithor »
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1729 on: <06-20-15/0244:02> »
That means Jackhammer, Hallucination, Mel and the Frenchman will be reunited. Let's hope they can be of help raining fire from above.

@Adamu: I saw, crap. I'll fix that quickly. Thanks.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1730 on: <06-20-15/1314:06> »
Cool idea - if Sarah creates an illusion of the van it may take a short while before they understand that the van is really invisible... can even go creative and have an illusion of the van blowing up to pieces. (it was shot at... accidents happen) . can be an impressive feat.
« Last Edit: <06-20-15/1318:53> by gilga »

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1731 on: <06-20-15/1602:48> »
Consider it done as soon as I have time to post. I was originally going to have illusions of what would appear to be reinforcements pulling up to try and trick them, but the van idea is a good one.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1732 on: <06-20-15/1651:20> »
super cool so we get to make van invisible lift car and make it appear is if it blew away...  Al had an impressive get away roll, Garr reversed the car... overall it seems like great team work.

I had another idea so I updated my post Al and the guys should turn off anything wireless so they cannot be tracked from the matrix. If we manage to geek the mage we have a nice chance that they are blind to astral. Trying to track that van with ultrasound sensors is going to be very difficult as they have limited range. 

So I'd say the rest of the guys -  If you can make sure that that mage is down by the end of the initiative phase - we might actually get away with this stunt.
I know that Daddy has spirits and astral vision, if that mage is invisible or is running any active spell - it will be visible in the astral. The signature of the recently casted stunball should also give at least approximate location.
« Last Edit: <06-20-15/1653:22> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #1733 on: <06-20-15/1724:35> »
Sweetness and light all around.

We worked HARD to get that van out of the alley - I'll be biting my nails fo the next week or so to see if it works!

But getting away from the chopper + urban panopticon in the van was going to be another head-scratcher.

Invis + speed + concealment will go a long way, but YES - Saithor is you can pull of a convincing illusion of the now-invisible van blowing up…

So cool!!!

These are some tough bad guys - but even if this plan doesn't work, just coming up with it together has made it a real pleasure gaming with you guys.

Details:
Wifi - as Aria knows, Al is the king of wifi-dark. I'll now go as far as to kill my commlink, which, since Al always shut's off his car's wifi whenever it's off a public road, was my last piece of wireless (which, not connected to anything at all, didn't bother me).
And I'll make sure the family does the same.

gilga - can you shoot Al a quick IC - no need to tell the whole plan, just to go fully wifi dark.

And how about Daddy. I think he is still in the van???
Does anyone know when/if Dr. Z will be back?
Until he is, can we assume spell defense on the van?

adamu

« Reply #1734 on: <06-20-15/1726:19> »

gilga - can you shoot Al a quick IC - no need to tell the whole plan, just to go fully wifi dark.

Yikes - sorry - you already did that!

Righteous.

adamu

« Reply #1735 on: <06-20-15/1740:26> »
@Aria - on the wifi dark thing, since I don't have Nimble Fingers yet (for the sole reason that buying it ties into my General IC story, which I can't seem to find time to finish), toggling my comm off is actually a Simple action I don't have.

But it'll be first thing on the next turn, which I am pretty sure will be before the magical switcheroo takes place anyway.

(Assuming we get out of there!)

For comms, Al will be using his microtransceiver now, wifi off (the way we did it back in the first Through the Looking Glass).
But that means without the commlink to support it, he'll be limited to voice comms (so no one be offended if Al doesn't respond to any friendly texts!).

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1736 on: <06-20-15/2123:43> »
Indeed we did and it is fun neverthe less.  The movement power if possible on the van will require control tests I hope that Al is skilled enough, but a chase scene without a rigger is very challenging to pull off. We'll have to improvise a lot.
« Last Edit: <06-20-15/2150:51> by gilga »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1737 on: <06-20-15/2235:05> »
I have no real ability to go wifi dark.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1738 on: <06-21-15/0112:27> »
but if the car is going to blow up - they need to disappear from the matrix as well Solo won't be wifi dark either because of RCC and stuff.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1739 on: <06-21-15/1235:57> »
Going to wait a little while first before detonating the illusion.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts