NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1710 on: <06-18-15/1441:58> »
Well would my car auto do it? Cause id want to take out the hacker from disabling any gear we have. If not ive got a few options i suppose
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

adamu

« Reply #1711 on: <06-18-15/1444:02> »

So Solo will have the spirit use concealment on the van. When the van is on the clear the last service will do 'movement' so that the van becomes a lot faster.

Super sweet.
So the trick is to get into the clear.

@Aria - Al's second-pass action will obviously be to pilot the vehicle.
If Tobbis is out of the way, I'll reverse back to the street as fast possible (duh!).
If for whatever reason the Jackrabbit is still there, I'll just push it (Body 16 vs. Body 8).

Looking at the difficult maneuvers chart, this looks like a target of either 2 or 3.
Then the terrain mod adds 4.
But with Steely Eyed Wheelman that drops to 3, so total 5 or 6 (???).

The vehicle's damage only affects the Limit, so I'll be Pushing the Limit with (increasingly depleted!) Edge, so that won't be an issue.

Obviously will ignore pedestrians in the alley - get of the way everyone!

So skill + specialization + reaction + gearhead bonus + vehicle empathy bonus + edge = 20 dice
Bit of a nail-biter with those possible thresholds!
I'll put the roll here and on my dice wall - as usual, left to right in case you need to add/subtract other mods.

Alley escape: 20d6h5 6
20d6h5: 6 [20d6h5=2, 1, 5, 4, 5, 2, 3, [6, 3], 5, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 3, 2, [6, 4], 1, 5, 1]

Okay - well, there's the six hits that I THINK I need - we'll see what happens...

adamu

« Reply #1712 on: <06-18-15/1445:41> »
Well would my car auto do it? Cause id want to take out the hacker from disabling any gear we have. If not ive got a few options i suppose

GM call, but I'd say an autopilot can handle reversing up an alley and out into the street, especially if you don't mind scraped paint.

Or, if that is not cool, just take off the brakes to make yourself easier to push - slower, but gets us there.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1713 on: <06-18-15/1459:45> »
Okay posted a pass and a half - with the other two mage on vecation/unavilable Solo will try to play it like the big league.

His next action are two reckless spells and set the limit using regents (to 7)

1. Levitate that car out of the way.
2. Make van invisible.

If we actually make it to the third initiative phase and the car is still alive, Solo would use the spirit to conceal it (providing nobody else will do it.)

With -8 to perception checks  + 5 hits invisibility it will be very difficult to target the van without blind fire modifier.

Solo actually has 4 passes this round, so his 4 pass will be to use the spirit to make the car move faster.

This will end Solo's actions for the first combat phase.  (35 initiative).
« Last Edit: <06-18-15/1527:44> by gilga »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1714 on: <06-18-15/1752:27> »
Well, I do kind of want that flashbang to count so I'll leave it there for now, just earmark that one to be done when it can. I can to another post later with him firing again... or getting into his car and trying to get out of dodge, although he sure as hell ain't no rigger and will probably crash it.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1715 on: <06-18-15/1812:18> »
Well, off to a good attempt at escaping anyway!!!!

We'll see how the rulings come down!

Either way - it's a blast!

adamu

« Reply #1716 on: <06-18-15/1820:09> »
Obi - dude - your IC post dropped off mid-sentence...

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1717 on: <06-18-15/1841:20> »
Whew! You people can write. I got behind on Monday, then I wasn't able to catch up on Tuesday, then... etc.
Alright, let me do some initiative and get some actions posted. Edits inbound.

Initiative: 3d6+12: 26 [3d6=6, 2, 6]

So, I didn't mention it before leaving town, but since Jackhammer's hotel is where we just left it would make sense for him to grab his full gear before heading to London. I'm assuming that's alright (and that someone was willing to drive him the few blocks for the pickup).

So is the scout team (meaning Jackhammer and company) aware of any hostiles in the apartment, or just a bunch of explosives and debris? Is there any way forward/up to our original destination? How much of what's going on would we be aware of? Snipers, hobos, elementals, helicopters...?

Oh yeah, and since I'm running on the ground this time, I'll go full meatworld and turn off my commlink (unless someone can tell me why that's a horrible idea).
« Last Edit: <06-19-15/1251:20> by pistolgrip »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1718 on: <06-18-15/1938:13> »
Man.. Someone really wants us dead.. or the family. Its amazing how much they got set up at the safe house.

So anycase, if I can have my car drive itself out on its own, as it attempts to avoid gunfire, I'm going to try to do a perc check to find their hacker by honing in on my twenty questions, if I can't use a search check to find the one icon that matches my per criteria.

If I have to command it to bug out of there, I'm going to get my data sprite to assist me on the next threading of the CF Resonance Veil as well.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1719 on: <06-19-15/0453:31> »
Maybe - I should have got the more armored bumblebee drones to see how much torment they can take... lets hope that I get the use the remaining drone. Perhaps drone rigging is not viable with this kind of play level.  We'll try to make it work - I sort of enjoy being able to multi task and interfere in many places.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1720 on: <06-19-15/0502:06> »
Damn it gilga, stop making me sorry for poor little drones  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1721 on: <06-19-15/0536:55> »
Maybe - I should have got the more armored bumblebee drones to see how much torment they can take... lets hope that I get the use the remaining drone. Perhaps drone rigging is not viable with this kind of play level.  We'll try to make it work - I sort of enjoy being able to multi task and interfere in many places.

Hehem yeah been contemplating a techno-rigger with a Bumblebee or two... would take something like this to make it viable by brute-forcing the techno's power level though.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1722 on: <06-19-15/0651:17> »
I just want them to survive more than one shot... even shadow-runners go down after 2-3 shots. So you can't ask for much more.
Perhaps one of the hidden benefits of possession traditions is that you can posses items - and therefore drones, and it makes them tougher. Or perheaps I should pick vehicles that has base of 12 hit points base rather than 6. It sound wired but according to the rules, dodge scooters with guns can take more damage than Bumblebees.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1723 on: <06-19-15/0657:07> »
Well, if you've got some way to get them over rough terrain a good old Steel Lynx is pretty damned tough for a drone.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1724 on: <06-19-15/0709:26> »
Lynx still just have 9 hit points, and just 12 armor. It cost 25k and I'd be really in pain I lost a lynx the rotodrones are relatively cheap so no problem I think they cost like 8-9k with everything. But it is still nice to have somthing that don't blow up from a single shoot.
 A scooter, has 4 body 4 armor and 12 base hit points (as it is not a drone...)  that's 14 hit points.  At least it will survive a shot from most weapons.  It costs 3k, adding a weapon mount is another 2.5k and a weapon another 1k 6.5k nuyen and you have a nice drone that can take a little beating. The problem is that it only has a pilot rating of 1, so it will only have 7 dice for shooting stuff... (8 if we give it some laser sight, smart link or something like that).