NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1590 on: <06-09-15/1849:48> »
@Aria -

ScytheKnight's last IC suggestion to Al gives me the opportunity to ask for your ruling on a question that's been on my mind for a while.

Since we don't have a Rigger book yet….

Al's vehicles are both autopilot 1.

Now, in previous editions, I recall that autopilot 1 was described as basically just simple anti-collision systems (just as are starting to proliferate today).  You needed something along the lines of a 3 to actually tell your car to go somewhere on its own.
And without a rigger book, I've had no way to upgrade my cars.

Are you going with that view of autopilots, or something more generous like, autopilot 1 will go from point A to B, but heaven forbid it encounter any problems?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1591 on: <06-09-15/1918:43> »
If Pilot of 3 is needed, Tobbis's car totally wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Where do you see Pilot 3 is needed for this?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1592 on: <06-09-15/2335:19> »
Okay I modified my post put it in the proper place in the thread.

A few questions I kinda gelled over.  How long did it take for us to catch up?  What is the security situation like in the area?  My thought is to kind of stumble into the boy and mack on the girl, probably have to break the kid's arm or something.  Can a heal spell mend a broken arm?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1593 on: <06-10-15/0828:44> »
If Pilot of 3 is needed, Tobbis's car totally wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Where do you see Pilot 3 is needed for this?
I see what Al is saying, and indeed previous editions did make the point about the pilot ratings required but then they were easy to upgrade and a basic sedan started at Pilot 2... it's meant to be on the same scale as 'humans' so 1 isn't very bright but a little more than collision avoidance or 'follow grid guide'... I was assuming that Tobbis was the one doing the real 'following' in this instance, even if it was just the odd free action to nudge the vehicle to follow the correct target (and it was just down a straight road more or less anyway!!!)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1594 on: <06-10-15/0835:13> »
Okay I modified my post put it in the proper place in the thread.

A few questions I kinda gelled over.  How long did it take for us to catch up?  What is the security situation like in the area?  My thought is to kind of stumble into the boy and mack on the girl, probably have to break the kid's arm or something.  Can a heal spell mend a broken arm?
I guess it would take around 5 mins to get the boy in your car and follow Tobbis into town.  Security is good here, mostly surveillance with cops on call rather than an active presence though.  There are discrete drones in the sky scanning for SINs etc... I hope you're running one?!?

A heal spell will sort a broken arm out...

To the main team...4 buildings at a jog trot with a ~1 min turnaround on each datatap and then hack...say 10mins to get clear???  SnowCrash's OS is going to go up but he can clear it fairly easily in that time.  @Mel & Frenchman - assuming you ditch Rachel's comm there's no real reason for security to pay you any attention (unless the drake sics them on you!!!)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1595 on: <06-10-15/1302:33> »
Mel did leave the wife's comm, so that should be that. And as a player, I kind of want Mel and Frenchman to take on the drake, but they would be wide open to any magical retaliation :(
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1596 on: <06-10-15/1553:37> »
Mel did leave the wife's comm, so that should be that. And as a player, I kind of want Mel and Frenchman to take on the drake, but they would be wide open to any magical retaliation :(
Errrm...I'll give you the GM 'common sense' roll for free...you can take her on if you want to but I wouldn't recommend it!!!  For a bit of OoC (not PC) knowledge you could follow the links in the 2075 OoC on Dumpshock to the old CoP thread where the Lady featured quite heavily... there are other DS threads where she was first my PC too, if you can find them, enjoy the read :D

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1597 on: <06-10-15/1600:10> »
I did not even imagine to use force on the drake unless we really have no other choice. I think she is sort of bound by social limitations, she is a social person in the middle of her own party she can't just start throwing fireballs at you it is social suicide to act like that. Just leave in my opinion - you really have nothing to hide now. Rachel is long gone and your characters does not even know exactly where. So going after you is in a way waste of resources. It will take them time and will not revel the answer - beside they lost the main asset - so the wife is not the top priority right now. I think it is a good time for a disappear to a safe house while you still can without the police closing the area starting to look for suspects we were all texting each other like crazy - so you too are involved in all the mess that wen't over there... The math institute is really not far from the hotel this area is going to be not friendly for shadow runners quite soon. Regroup to meet Art. (assuming we manage to get Natasha) .

Aria - are you going to make Rachel Answer Solo's question about Boston... I sort of wanted to know what this extraction was about despite not relevance for the tactical play.
;)

« Last Edit: <06-10-15/1627:43> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1598 on: <06-10-15/1627:46> »
Errrm...I'll give you the GM 'common sense' roll for free...you can take her on if you want to but I wouldn't recommend it!!!  For a bit of OoC (not PC) knowledge you could follow the links in the 2075 OoC on Dumpshock to the old CoP thread where the Lady featured quite heavily... there are other DS threads where she was first my PC too, if you can find them, enjoy the read :D

Aww, and I thought it was a nice gesture to bring a drake to a party with a dragon slayer  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #1599 on: <06-10-15/1740:23> »
For my part, I am really hoping that at some point in the RP the hotel team lets us all know the drake goes by eTher…just make for good RP/storyline continuity since she was recently Al's Johnson on another run…

Anyway, sounds like Al is leaving his vehicles where they are - hopefully the basement path/other building we chose to come out of is relatively close to where we left our rides!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1600 on: <06-10-15/1938:18> »
Sorry, didn't mean that Mel and Frenchman should physically engage her, I meant that they could start a conversation (since they both have pretty decent Con stats) and distract her long enough to keep her mind off the Matrix or at least delay her from adjusting too quickly to the new developments ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1601 on: <06-11-15/0018:26> »
If I was Frenchman - I'd roll etiquette to make a toast for our "Lovely hostess"  basically socially trapping her in the ball room for a short while... But I am not sure she's still in there.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1602 on: <06-11-15/0817:03> »
Aria - are you going to make Rachel Answer Solo's question about Boston... I sort of wanted to know what this extraction was about despite not relevance for the tactical play.
;)
Assume she stalls you for now with a 'not until I talk to my husband and kids' line - at least until I've finished reading Data Trails and then finally move on to Lockdown :P  ...got Bloody Business to read after that too, busy busy :D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1603 on: <06-11-15/0820:01> »
If I was Frenchman - I'd roll etiquette to make a toast for our "Lovely hostess"  basically socially trapping her in the ball room for a short while... But I am not sure she's still in there.
She's still in the room but obviously distracted by AR stuff... I think that Mel and the Frenchman are clear anyway...at least I'm assuming they are!

I just need a decent plan for nabbing the kids and you've pulled off this run without too much of a problem... well this part of the run anyway, nobody said the trip back to London was going to be easy  8)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1604 on: <06-11-15/0956:14> »
I think the children stuff shouldn't be very difficult. Solo can help with spiritual influence but so can Sarah and (if he is still around) Daddy.  Influence spell seems to fit, also we can have Rachel calls her on Solo's comlink telling her to come with the man.  Another fun idea is to kick them out of the club for being under aged and then grab Natasha once she's kicked out.

What do you guys say?