NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1560 on: <06-04-15/2057:33> »
I just posted, daddy is moving half way up the stairs to provide support to whoever needs it and still keep eyes on Isaint, and I like the idea Adamu just mentioned so daddy asked seras about the runners in the room ;D
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1561 on: <06-05-15/0759:14> »
Seras tells you there are 4 people in the office, one sleeping, one a mage, one mildly terrified and a another...

As foe 4 has fallen in the doorway it hasn't closed so Isaint can get his mirror trickery going and see much the same thing.  Black suited runnery types, one of whom is standing behind the good doctor with a pistol in his side and both facing the door, the other is doing something behind the desk near the window... I'll let you figure out what that might be  :o

Note: no LOS from the Observatory to the doctor's office window, but Duke and Jackhammer are moving anyway as far as I can tell...

Sirens aren't headed for the maths institute, yet, but to the crashed drone one street over...at least as far as you can tell such things...

As we are out of combat time technically be aware that the host crash will only last so long before spiders get it back on again, I'd say you've got about 3-5mins left, an age in combat time but not that much in real time!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1562 on: <06-05-15/0844:54> »
@Gilga: the observer seems to have succumbed to your spirit's suggestion...who wouldn't with 7 hits?!?  ::)

adamu

« Reply #1563 on: <06-05-15/0855:06> »
Sooo...mage with gun on doc, the sleeping one is Foe 4 in the doorway?

So the guy behind the desk - he could be setting up an improvised exit, in which case all the talk is just stalling so they can make a break for it with their prize...

How can we get assets outside the window?
Send spirit to interdict?
Or is there rooftop access - get up there and have an angle straight down on them?

Or just get in fast before they can do anything?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1564 on: <06-05-15/1016:02> »
Also having seen the posts.. even if my hacking does go through.. it doesn't seem to be on the hostage weapon... possibly not even someone still up and fighting.

*sighs*

damnit.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1565 on: <06-05-15/1039:22> »
moved Solo to the car then.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1566 on: <06-05-15/1339:41> »
Aria, what is the Drake doing? If he sees she's no longer paying him attention and she's leaving the Ballroom the Frenchman will quickly make is way to Mel.
I don't think Mel and the Frenchman should leave before Solo and Rachel are way out. But then the Frenchman and Mel could pretend to go along with the extraction (Frenchman taking 'Rachel'). I don't think Rachel/Mal should be on her own. No reason for it... yet
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1567 on: <06-05-15/1637:25> »
Aria, what is the Drake doing? If he sees she's no longer paying him attention and she's leaving the Ballroom the Frenchman will quickly make is way to Mel.
I don't think Mel and the Frenchman should leave before Solo and Rachel are way out. But then the Frenchman and Mel could pretend to go along with the extraction (Frenchman taking 'Rachel'). I don't think Rachel/Mal should be on her own. No reason for it... yet

Sooo...mage with gun on doc, the sleeping one is Foe 4 in the doorway?

So the guy behind the desk - he could be setting up an improvised exit, in which case all the talk is just stalling so they can make a break for it with their prize...

How can we get assets outside the window?
Send spirit to interdict?
Or is there rooftop access - get up there and have an angle straight down on them?

Or just get in fast before they can do anything?
I've run out of time for decent IC before the weekend again so I'll try and give OoC info so you can post...

Yes, yes and yes... assuming you can get a view, you will see that the one by the window is placing a detcord charge and has coils of rope secured to the floor

Duke and Jackhammer can hoof it off the observatory roof to get LOS on the window but as they are doing so they'll see (or even if they don't) two police drones rise out of observatory street and begin a local sweep to check for 'disturbances' ...like acid chewed walls/windows perhaps...

You could also get out on the roof but with the drones that might not be the best plan!

So two active hostiles in the doc's room...easy right?  Called shots required to take out the hostage taker - you really don't want to miss!!!

Drake is leaving, Solo seems to be in the clear thanks to his damn spirit  ::) Mel is under the scrutiny of a drone (not a police variety) and you have time to join her, or somehow take out the drone...or something else entirely!?

adamu

« Reply #1568 on: <06-05-15/1747:31> »
Yeah, helping out with the small unit tactics would be a bit iffy for Al - he's a bit disoriented right now in the AR anyway.

Declaration - barring anything untoward happening in the meantime, when the signal/blast comes Al will use movement to do just as Isaint said, then aim and shoot the guy by the window.

Initiative (if that tactics thing doesn't put us all on the same initiative) and defensive rolls are in the main post already, and I will add my attack roll there now as well (first try using Orokos - hope I don't mess it up).

Edit: also posting attack roll here to save you looking it up - 12 hits but used Edge, so no limit.
Added 1 die for the tactics and one for the aim, took off two for simsense vertigo.

Shooting guy by window: 16d6h5 12
« Last Edit: <06-05-15/1804:14> by adamu »

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1569 on: <06-05-15/2347:12> »
hey guys, im gonna be gone for a few days, In short im restricted to my phone, My basement flooded and my gaming rig is basically sitting all around my kitchen, so ill be back when i can
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1570 on: <06-06-15/0040:34> »
I'm back, will get an IC post up when I can, probably tomorrow.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #1571 on: <06-06-15/0718:33> »
hey guys, im gonna be gone for a few days, In short im restricted to my phone, My basement flooded and my gaming rig is basically sitting all around my kitchen, so ill be back when i can

Dude - sympathies.

That sounds miserable.

Good luck!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1572 on: <06-06-15/1738:08> »
You can consider the doc's office 'clear' but he is out too!  Oh, and the flash bang followed by unsilenced fire (unless Al bought one recently?!?) will attract one police drone to head in for a closer look!

adamu

« Reply #1573 on: <06-06-15/2218:41> »
Silencer? Al's trenchcoat will never be black enough for that!

As in the IC, Al's got stim patches if we need them, though I think Jack said Isaint could handle that.

We get the guy back to the van, Al can do a bit more for him.

For now, we can take the handy blow-window/rappel-down exit, but that would require our snipers or our hackers or somebody destroying/waylaying/distracting the incoming cop drone.

Or we can just fade back into the interior of the building, and try to get out at ground level before the cops send boots on the ground….

Thoughts?

adamu

« Reply #1574 on: <06-06-15/2236:44> »
(Well, there I go again - went to bed thinking about the game, then had to come down and spit out my thoughts…)

Here's one idea for the police - everyones fades inward but Al, who does indeed blow the window and rappel down, then runs for it.
Isaint and Daddy stim the doc and get him out at ground level (before the power comes back on).

Once the cops are suitably focused on Al, he can go dark with the Concealment assistance of Daddy's spirit (um…if Seras has that optional power…).

But either way, better the cops be chasing just Al than the whole team + math guy….