NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1545 on: <06-02-15/0641:11> »
Gilga, just to make sure, Rachel has to text her husband that she is leaving while she is still in the washroom with Mel, and then give Mel her commlink. If anyone is monitoring it, it wouldn't add up that Mel, disguised as the wife, is running around the hotel while the wife's commlink is going a different direction. Rachel will have to leave the restroom looking like someone else, but not have anything that could give her real ID to anyone. Mel will give her her burner SIN so that she doesn't appear a SINless at first glance.
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/0643:11> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1546 on: <06-02-15/0736:18> »
Ok got it will edit.

adamu

« Reply #1547 on: <06-02-15/0824:54> »
That is exactly the point. The wife doesn't know this, so it would be normal behaviour for her to contact the husband and let him know she's going home. Even better if the "bad guys" tell whomever is monitoring the wife that she is leaving and they start pursuing Mel (who will be carrying the wife's link) instead. That would precisely be the point of having Mel pretend to be the wife and running away, clearing a path for Solo to leave with the "naked" wife.

Got it.

Damn.

Won't underestimate Mel again!

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1548 on: <06-02-15/2039:01> »
Yes, so far it's working in our favor. Mel and Frenchman will stay behind or get ready to provide cover to allow Solo and Rachel to leave. Gilga, maybe Solo should use the loaned car to leave. As far as it goes, they're just two casual guest leaving the Charity.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1549 on: <06-02-15/2133:11> »
I don't want to jump the gun, so I'll wait on Aria before posting anything about Mel exiting the bathroom and making for one of the alternate exits. Also, if any rolls need to happen, I'll wait for Aria to tell me so :)

Meanwhile, I'll roll impersonation for Mel to copy Rachel the wife. Impersonation 〜 Charisma 6 - Defaulting 1 + Edge 4: 9d6h5 4 so that's 4 hits, no glitches.

And for good measure, disguise to see how well she can look like Rachel. Disguise 〜 Intuition 5 + Stealth Group 3: 8d6t5 3 no glitches.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1550 on: <06-02-15/2358:48> »
Loned car it is then it is the fancy one after all.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1551 on: <06-04-15/1236:34> »
@Crossbow:  I'd already penned my IC offline and uploaded it before reading yours...I think you might have been a little optimistic in the house clear - there are two guards in here somewhere!  Willing to edit mine and work a compromise but I haven't got time now so if you get a chance to tweak yours...???
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1552 on: <06-04-15/1239:22> »
Dis i start getting visuals on my matrix target?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1553 on: <06-04-15/1332:33> »
@Crossbow:  I'd already penned my IC offline and uploaded it before reading yours...I think you might have been a little optimistic in the house clear - there are two guards in here somewhere!  Willing to edit mine and work a compromise but I haven't got time now so if you get a chance to tweak yours...???

No problem, rolling with it as is,  You like?   ;) :D

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1554 on: <06-04-15/1737:37> »
Dreck... think I just blew the last of my edge.  :(
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1555 on: <06-04-15/1745:18> »
So looks like the grenade launcher guy Al was trying to flank just got put down by Isaint. Very cool!

As in the IC, Al will continue his sweep of the balcony for any foes we haven't seen yet, and as quickly as possible get outside the target office door, ready to follow Isaint's direction on the entry (or hold position during further talks, whatever Isaint decides).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1556 on: <06-04-15/1811:52> »
I'm a bit unsure what the current situation is: Is Foe #1 the hostage taker, or does #1 still lie around somewhere?

Anyway, Isaint will hold before he reaches the office so the rest of the team can move into position.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1557 on: <06-04-15/1843:58> »
Check map on OP. Foe 1 is grenade guy, outside on balcony. 3 hidden links inside doc's office! Although 1 is probably foe 4!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #1558 on: <06-04-15/1945:01> »
Right - so Foe 1/grenade guy is the one Isaint put down with a gel round to the sternum in the last GM IC post…

So no known foes still active outside the office.

Three hidden computery things in there -

One is probably Foe 4/hostage threatener

Foe 4 or another one in there is likely the mage, since he was annoyed by the spirit, and we know the spirit went after their mage.

They could have their rigger in there…

And for all we know one guy could be carrying three commlinks…

But potentially a lot of guns in there waiting to shoot us or the good Doctor Dick.

Does anyone here have solid Negotiation dice? I mean, the only benefit they get from threatening doc is if they think there is a chance in hell we'll actually let them leave with him, which has to strike them as pretty unlikely. And if they shoot him, they are signing their own death warrants - they already know they've lost the fight…

If someone could make that case to them (before the cops show up)…

But that is a lot of guesses by me.

And too many cooks in any case - Jack has the lead on this one.

adamu

« Reply #1559 on: <06-04-15/2016:31> »
(okay, yes, I do go to bed thinking about this stuff and then have to get up to post my thoughts…)

but occurs to me that Daddy's spirit appears to have been in there harassing the mage - Daddy could just ask the dog what she saw in there…

@Sniper team - since the action has sadly moved way off your line of sight, how about doing something to delay/distract the cops once they arrive….?