NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1515 on: <05-29-15/1325:52> »
@Aria

Is Foe #1 still active, or just a bit inconvenienced from my shot earlier?
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1516 on: <05-29-15/1540:15> »
Active ish, he slunk off to apply a stim patch!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1517 on: <05-29-15/1946:52> »
Agree with just spoiler tagging rolls with action posts... easiest way to keep track of what people are actually rolling for.

Also, if the Dr. agrees then a willing trace icon shouldn't require a roll and thus OS. (AFAIK anyway)

Finally, thoughts on a software/firmware update to allow access to the new Matrix Actions, Garbage In/Garbage out and Traceback?
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1518 on: <05-29-15/2148:07> »
That'll take my archery roll down to 2 hits. Since my rolls in my post didn't seem to satisfy, I've rerolled here.
Reaction + Edge [12d6t5=2, 3, 1, 6, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 1, 2, 1] 2 ouch.
Damage Resist (crop last 2 for AP) [25d6t5=5, 3, 1, 5, 6, 4, 6, 4, 1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 3, 6, 2, 6, 4, 4, 5, 2, 1, 6, 3, 4] 8
Edge Reroll for Damage Resist [15d6t5=2, 5, 1, 1, 3, 5, 1, 4, 2, 6, 4, 5, 3, 2, 4] 4
That leaves me with a total of 2 damage I think. Physical right? My armor after AP is only 13, with the modified DV being 14.

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1519 on: <05-29-15/2356:26> »
K, I'm not sure if daddy got out or not so i put him reacting to the grenade and yelling a warning along with a lot of ear-ringing, he is now on 10, I added the dice rolls and what not to a spoiler, so hopefully daddy doesn't need to be carried out :)
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

adamu

« Reply #1520 on: <05-30-15/0446:22> »
@Aria - fully understood on managing all these rolls.

Have not yet figured out how to create a link to a post (you know me!).

BUT - my rolls for this battle are in post 1427 on page 96.
I have also gone through and added BOLD edits showing which rolls were used when, so it should be very easy for you to go through and find the next ones you need.

Have used Edge to get my grenade damage soak down to zero - though in my last declaration post I had declared I'd used Full-D, etc if necessary (expecting to get shot), it doesn't really apply here since apparently we don't dodge this type of grenade (happy to confess I don't find the grenade rules clear, and am totally happy however you want to play it). None of the other R&G options were something I wanted to do in this particular case - so no interrupt actions taken by me.

Actions - Had already declared would use my full basic run to make progress up toward top level, and also used that complex action to top up my rifle. That was on 17 for me - clearly I was just getting up to Daddy when the guy nailed us with the grenade. Cool. But if that was on his 25, then I basically still haven't even finished my first action…

All that is fine - just saying that on my upcoming 7 (second action), I will aim and shoot at him or whatever active hostiles I can see - added the roll to the main dice post - as that may be a few action passes from now, I'll just leave it to you when (or if) that ever happens.
« Last Edit: <05-30-15/0739:15> by adamu »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1521 on: <05-30-15/0810:27> »
Sorry Gilga, it's not because I want to ignore your message, it's just because as far as I'm concerned, I don't whether the wife has entered the bathroom yet or not. As a matter of fact, I don't even know if we're situated before or after Mel has secured the bathroom yet.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1522 on: <05-30-15/1308:30> »
In my previous post i got 5 on the suppressive fire so no damage to me!
Also i dont know how to make that post you can link to...im new to this sorry
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1523 on: <05-31-15/0032:01> »
My apologize guys, workload has been hectic these past few days. Will hopefully be able to post something tomorrow.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Shadowrenamon

• Newb
« Reply #1524 on: <06-01-15/0218:54> »
So I've been really looking for a game to be a player in; what kind of openings are going on? I've got a character I've worked out, he's sitting in the Job board here in the pbp section, and in a character creation critique thread I made for him. Standard generation, priority based technomancer, with plenty of background and such written for him.
Run inspirations shamelessly taken from a good friend's blog linked to the side. ~ Shadow

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1525 on: <06-01-15/0819:10> »
So I've been really looking for a game to be a player in; what kind of openings are going on? I've got a character I've worked out, he's sitting in the Job board here in the pbp section, and in a character creation critique thread I made for him. Standard generation, priority based technomancer, with plenty of background and such written for him.
Couple of options if you were interested in joining one of my games...I have Tribes and Through the Looking Glass over on Dumpshock if you have a login there...there might be an issue with joining though if you haven't as you need to wait for mod approval or something?!?  Both those games are lower powered (in theory) than Circles of Power that is running here.  But if you wanted in on CoP you could be hired as a consultant for one of the extraction targets (it's a willing extraction so the other runners would have to take you along - I will persuade them not to shoot you!).  Let me know if you think that might appeal and we'll slot you in!  Feel free to read the IC too and see if it is the sort of game you'd be interested in!  Don't worry about any power level disparity, you can use your character as is, or gain the extra 'points' to bring you up to the same level as the others, as you like...

Or just wait until I start a runner level game here on SG, but that is going to be a while away!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1526 on: <06-01-15/0838:54> »
In my previous post i got 5 on the suppressive fire so no damage to me!
Also i dont know how to make that post you can link to...im new to this sorry
Rolls: I'd like a few 'passive rolls' in a post in the OoC that I can link (I do the linking part!) and we'll keep all active rolls, and occasional passive roll in the IC in spoiler tags

Passive rolls: initiative, surprise, perception, ranged defence, damage resistance... maybe some others that occur to me later.  You can then mod these as we go along as the others have demonstrated...just helps me to move things along occasionally rather than have to wait for you to roll to avoid incoming fire.  I'm happy for you to roll situation specific def rolls for example and put them in the IC or resort to the pre-genned which I can then modify as needed... best of both worlds I hope!

Sorry Gilga, it's not because I want to ignore your message, it's just because as far as I'm concerned, I don't whether the wife has entered the bathroom yet or not. As a matter of fact, I don't even know if we're situated before or after Mel has secured the bathroom yet.
Let's assume bathroom is secure and the wife is prepared to leave with you and Mel is good for decoy - are you leaving first or after the wife (I confess I can't remember specifically what the plan was here...?)?  We may have another PC as part of the wife's entourage but we'll come to them as and when...

Actions - Had already declared would use my full basic run to make progress up toward top level, and also used that complex action to top up my rifle. That was on 17 for me - clearly I was just getting up to Daddy when the guy nailed us with the grenade. Cool. But if that was on his 25, then I basically still haven't even finished my first action…

All that is fine - just saying that on my upcoming 7 (second action), I will aim and shoot at him or whatever active hostiles I can see - added the roll to the main dice post - as that may be a few action passes from now, I'll just leave it to you when (or if) that ever happens.
Rnd 2/1 gets you to top of the building, up with Isaint, Foe #4 will be your next target in 2/2, along with Isaint I suspect, Foe #1 is out of site behind the balcony edge somewhere...
K, I'm not sure if daddy got out or not so i put him reacting to the grenade and yelling a warning along with a lot of ear-ringing, he is now on 10, I added the dice rolls and what not to a spoiler, so hopefully daddy doesn't need to be carried out :)
I really need a damage resist roll for the flashbang as you can't technically dodge grenades without resorting to the R&G interrupt actions...so Bod 4+12 armour - I get 7 hits on my roll for you, that's 3 stun (unless you really want to roll yourself???) and ringing ears!  Or edge it like Al did to try and shake off that damage?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1527 on: <06-01-15/0841:19> »
That'll take my archery roll down to 2 hits. Since my rolls in my post didn't seem to satisfy, I've rerolled here.
Reaction + Edge [12d6t5=2, 3, 1, 6, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 1, 2, 1] 2 ouch.
Damage Resist (crop last 2 for AP) [25d6t5=5, 3, 1, 5, 6, 4, 6, 4, 1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 3, 6, 2, 6, 4, 4, 5, 2, 1, 6, 3, 4] 8
Edge Reroll for Damage Resist [15d6t5=2, 5, 1, 1, 3, 5, 1, 4, 2, 6, 4, 5, 3, 2, 4] 4
That leaves me with a total of 2 damage I think. Physical right? My armor after AP is only 13, with the modified DV being 14.
There are no damage mods on suppressive fire! So, no damage for you either!  Sheesh...one of you'll take some damage at some point surely?!?  ::)

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1528 on: <06-01-15/0957:41> »
I took a bunch of stun damage at the start. I got better mostly
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1529 on: <06-01-15/1101:40> »
There are no damage mods on suppressive fire! So, no damage for you either!  Sheesh...one of you'll take some damage at some point surely?!?  ::)
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that. Excellent. My grossly inferior rolls did cost me a point of edge, however, if not damage.